Conquer Club

Tournament Contest: Rookie TO Award - Winner: alstergren

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who would you like to win the Rookie TO Award?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:29 pm

Total votes : 0

Re: Tournament Contest: Rookie TO Award - Vote Now!

Postby merch313 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:51 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:
owenshooter wrote:
jrh_cardinal wrote:guys, I appreciate that you want more votes, but can you please stop sending out PMs to big lists, I've gotten 6 of them so far.

can you be more specific as to whom you have received these from? that is pretty much frowned upon by team CC and there are several old cases like this in C&A... sad...-the black jesus

I think there's a precedent for TOs sending PMs to past tourney participants. I was made aware that the other nominees were sending mass PMs, as well as having their friends send PMs on their behalf. Since it seemed that was the only way this was being advertised (other than the heavy traffic to the Tournaments General Info forum :roll: ), I felt it was only fair I sent one out too. Sorry jrh, and anyone else who felt spammed. That wasn't my intention.

I sent one out to people who have played in my tourneys. I didnt ask for their votes just asked for them to vote for their fav is all.. Sorry also jrh just wanted to get the word out since I only found out about this cuz someone told me :lol: ...Obviously this will be a popularity note not on the best stats anyways
Major merch313

Postby happy2seeyou on Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:36 pm

Look at all that Swedish love
Captain happy2seeyou

Postby Leehar on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:38 pm

I'm surprised that ViperOverlord didn't get all 500+ players in his tourney to participate in this ;)

Edit: When does voting end exactly? I sensed it'd be the 3rd of december because of reading 2 weeks from the time of the post, but I think that was a mistake on my part :oops:
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Lindax on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:45 pm

Leehar wrote:I'm surprised that ViperOverlord didn't get all 500+ players in his tourney to participate in this ;)

Edit: When does voting end exactly? I sensed it'd be the 3rd of december because of reading 2 weeks from the time of the post, but I think that was a mistake on my part :oops:

Poll runs till 25 Nov 2010 18:29 ;)

For the record: We are evaluating how to run these kind of tournament contests in future, more specifically, how to organize the voting process in a way it is intended.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: Tournament Contest: Rookie TO Award

Postby patrickaa317 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:14 pm

barterer2002 wrote:I'll nominate patrickaa317

Thank you barterer2002.

And after reading the posts throughout this, I don't think notifying many people is a bad thing. Heck, I actually had no idea this was even in the forum until someone PM'd me that they voted for me. Maybe there should be a link on the home page.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Lindax on Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:39 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:

Thank you barterer2002.

And after reading the posts throughout this, I don't think notifying many people is a bad thing. Heck, I actually had no idea this was even in the forum until someone PM'd me that they voted for me. Maybe there should be a link on the home page.

There IS a link on the homepage, under headlines!

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby patrickaa317 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:15 am

Lindax wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:

Thank you barterer2002.

There IS a link on the homepage, under headlines!

Lx

I'll just put my foot in my mouth... :oops:
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:41 am

Leehar wrote:I'm surprised that ViperOverlord didn't get all 500+ players in his tourney to participate in this ;)

Haha - Thanks for letting me know about this thread Leehar. I'm tempted to send a pm to my 500 plus players and get them to vote, but I think the people have spoken lol. 20 to 30 (w/e the # is) tourneys is more significant than one big one, even if it it was the tourney with the most players haha. Congrats Alstergren, assuming you hang on to win this.

I'm optimistic that if the question was what was the best tourney by a rookie TO, I would have at least won that lol. That should be the next Award lol.

IMO, there should also be regular tourney awards, including best tourney overall and awards for holding a top 10 tourney for a given year.
High Score: #76 3053
Major ViperOverLord

Postby jmyork82 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:28 pm

well congrats to alstergren for winning the vote and to merch for respectable second =D> =D> =D>
Lieutenant jmyork82

Re: Tournament Contest: Rookie TO Award - Winner: alstergren

Postby Night Strike on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:24 pm

alstergren has been awarded his medal for winning the contest. Many thank yous to all the new organizers who have joined our tournament forums over the past year.
Major Night Strike

Re: Tournament Contest: Rookie TO Award - Winner: alstergren

Postby merch313 on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:38 am

Congrats alstergren =D>
Major merch313

Previous

Return to Tournament Archives