Conquer Club

Conquer Club vs. Landgrab vs. Major Command

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Conquer Club vs. Landgrab vs. Major Command

Postby Karth on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:37 pm

I challenge Conquer Club to a 3 way duel.

Which site has the best kick ass players and teams? Let's find out.

I propose a 3 way tournament between the sites. Details to be discussed/worked out among organizers from each site but I suggest something along the following as a starting point of discussion:
Odd number of games to determine winner. Say 7 games (or whatever) between LG & CC, CC & MC, LG & MC.
Each site would host 3 games. So if it's LG vs CC it might be 3 at each (home field advantage) with the last game being played at MC (neutral)
We could set it up so that players would not have to pay at the opposing sites - do no more than the 4 games minimum at a time (you still have that right?).

Landgrab thread: http://landgrab.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10893

Major Command thread: http://www.majorcommand.com/forums/thre ... #post31704

What say you? Some at LG think you guys hate us. Well 'common show us on the battlefield ;)

my handle at LG is G. Kahn.
Corporal Karth

Re: Conquer Club vs. Landgrab vs. Major Command

Postby greenoaks on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:40 pm

we don't hate you, we just don't think of the insignificant.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Karth on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:44 pm

greenoaks wrote:we don't hate you, we just don't think of the insignificant.

ok, sounds like your up for a fight then? Care to prove your right?
Corporal Karth

Postby Karth on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:08 pm

Really!!??!!?? The gauntlet is thrown down and all I hear is the deafening silence? Methinks thou are all cowards unless someone take up the challenge!
Corporal Karth

Postby Night Strike on Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:09 pm

Since this isn't actually a tournament, I've moved it to the Tournament General Info forum.
Major Night Strike

Postby Karth on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:58 pm

Night Strike wrote:Since this isn't actually a tournament, I've moved it to the Tournament General Info forum.

Shouldn't this be under "Create/Join a Tournament"?
Corporal Karth

Postby Night Strike on Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:04 pm

Karth wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Since this isn't actually a tournament, I've moved it to the Tournament General Info forum.

No. The Create/Join a Tournament forum is for tournaments that have already been designed and are actively recruiting players. Discussions about how to build a tournament and see if people would be interested in a new/unique concept are posted in this forum.
Major Night Strike

Postby Karth on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:31 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Karth wrote:

No. The Create/Join a Tournament forum is for tournaments that have already been designed and are actively recruiting players. Discussions about how to build a tournament and see if people would be interested in a new/unique concept are posted in this forum.

Ok, thank you.

Again if anyone is interested in organizing a team from Conquer Club let me know. At LG we have 13+ players who have expressed interest in this concept and we haven't advertised it yet. The concept is currently under development and is being discussed between LG (Landgrab) & MC (MajorCommand). We are planning on starting this Tournament sometime in January/Feb.

So far some of the ground rules are (although all of this is negotiable):
1. Use common maps (i.e. Earth) and settings that are common (or as close as possible) across all sites
2. Register at other sites under the name (or as close as possible) you use at your "Home" site to avoid confusion
3. If it's not ok to say at LG, MC, or CC, it's not ok to say as a visitor somewhere else.
4. Please be respectful to our guests and when you are visiting other sites. That's not to say there can't be some friendly smack talk - but I stress the word "friendly"
5. Number of Games, Game Settings, Tournament format & other details TBD

I'm thinking of keeping the games to a minimum (no more than 4 /per player at a time so as to avoid joining other sites) and possibly having squads like Alpha, Bravo, Charlie. Squads would be smaller - perhaps 4-5 players that would be matched up against the same players at other sites for the tournament so that the players can get to know each other. A possible mix of FFA (30%) and teams (70%) games. Settings will probably be as close as we can match them up on all sites. Example: MC offers Realtime and 24 hr. timers and LG has the same so I'm thinking 24 hr timers. We are trying to figure out what their settings are and how they match up so this is a work in progress. Input from anyone at Conquer Club who is interested will be thrown into the mix.
Corporal Karth

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:16 am

In principle I think it's a decent idea.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby barterer2002 on Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:27 am

Never heard of either of these other sites. Why are you excluding other Risk based sites though like Warfish?
Sergeant barterer2002

Postby Karth on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:16 am

barterer2002 wrote:Never heard of either of these other sites. Why are you excluding other Risk based sites though like Warfish?

I'm on landgrab.net but have played on conquer club years ago.

We (Landgrab) are talking to majorcommand.com about this and would like to get someone from conquerclub.com to participate as well.

Not intentionally excluding any site except pogo(dot)com as it appears not to have any real community and they may be too closely tied to the owners of Risk. Just have never heard of warfish.net (?) - have been trying to bring the page up and keep getting an error.

Other site suggestions that I have not contacted yet are:
strategygamenetwork.com - just got this info this morning
riskattack.com - not sure about this one, the interface seems very clunky

Again, this is fairly early in the concept phase and any and all input is appreciated.
Corporal Karth

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:39 pm

id almost guarantee mc would win said games...
likely because the guys who were key in setting it up were from cc and know both sites well.

And you are never going to get the best players from either sites...well you wont from here. So the point is moot.

It should be who has the time and motivation to play some games on another website
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby whitestazn88 on Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:37 am

I think the landgrab players are pretty familiar with some of the CC maps because they're straight jacked from this community without any sort of recognition.
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby Karth on Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:28 pm

lord voldemort wrote:id almost guarantee mc would win said games...
likely because the guys who were key in setting it up were from cc and know both sites well.

And you are never going to get the best players from either sites...well you wont from here. So the point is moot.

It should be who has the time and motivation to play some games on another website

We have about 8-14 players, as mentioned before, from all over the spectrum. I haven't advertised the idea on LG beyond posting in the forum. I'm sure i could get many more by posting the idea in some games if needed. True, you won't always get the best players, people are busy with other things but it might be interesting anyway.
Corporal Karth

Postby Karth on Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:43 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:I think the landgrab players are pretty familiar with some of the CC maps because they're straight jacked from this community without any sort of recognition.

I have heard now and then that it has been discovered that LG has had some maps that belong to others. LG's map system let's anyone post whatever they want. My understanding is that it was posted by an unscrupulous person. When brought to the attention of the moderators the maps were promptly removed. I have glanced over CC's 196 maps and none of them look familiar to me. However, LG has about 1700+ maps so I am not familiar with all of them. Granted alot of those 1700 are garbage but there are over 130 that are "endorsed" by the site. One of those is even mine, and I know it wasn't jacked from here.
Corporal Karth

Postby redhedge47 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:35 pm

the ideaa sounds great ive made an account on the oher two sites
Private 1st Class redhedge47

Postby BadgerJelly on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:08 am

We going to start taking names for this then and figure out a way to do it for next year??

I'm an LG member btw :D

I have not joined Major Command yet ... also noticed that NON member can only play long term games here so if we have any RT games then its not really possible to do on this site because people wont pay to join for a tourney!

I'll have a look around all sites I can and see what happens. I guess most sites have similar features and game styles that will be present across the board.
Private BadgerJelly

Postby Night Strike on Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:47 pm

After consultation with a few of my tournament organizers on the site, I have decided that Conquer Club will not be officially participating in this event.

If a group of users wish to on their own join a cross-site tournament, they will have to do the CC-portion to conform to our rules for public tournaments or run it with private games.
Major Night Strike

Postby BadgerJelly on Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:05 am

Night Strike wrote:After consultation with a few of my tournament organizers on the site, I have decided that Conquer Club will not be officially participating in this event.

If a group of users wish to on their own join a cross-site tournament, they will have to do the CC-portion to conform to our rules for public tournaments or run it with private games.

ANYONE! Its just for fun :)

I can run the LG side and I knwo a few players there would be interested in competing too.

I think the best way to start would be with team games. We can have some "special" games too where members from their own site use unique settings they have on their site.

So looking for 4 players for a team game ... PLEASE only participate if you are familiar with team games.

If anyone has any other suggestions ???
Private BadgerJelly

Postby greenoaks on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:35 am

we already have plenty of team game tournaments 'just for fun'
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby BadgerJelly on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:07 am

If anyone is going to answer saying NO you're wasting your time and mine.

However for those who want to have some site to site games and some friendly competitions post below ...

Looking to maybe set this up jan/feb. Teams games would be best but up for some ffa games too.
Private BadgerJelly

Postby grifftron on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:48 am

I'll play for the CC team... I already have accounts on all 3 sites but only actively play CC, same username for all 3 sites... Let's see if we can get 3 more CCers. I'm def not the best on CC but def not the worst!
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby BadgerJelly on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:06 am

grifftron wrote:I'll play for the CC team... I already have accounts on all 3 sites but only actively play CC, same username for all 3 sites... Let's see if we can get 3 more CCers. I'm def not the best on CC but def not the worst!

Ok maybe not all talk! ;)
Should be fun.
Private BadgerJelly

Postby QoH on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:18 am

I'll do it for laughs 'n giggles as long as it's played here on CC. I'm not wasting time creating a different account and not playin gon CC.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby BadgerJelly on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:33 am

QoH wrote:I'll do it for laughs 'n giggles as long as it's played here on CC. I'm not wasting time creating a different account and not playin gon CC.

Well the idea is to play home AND away.

I could probably get Desau to make a "special" account so you just get a password and username and not have to bother with filling in details and he can then delete the account when you're done.

Also theres Map choices and settings. I guess we can all agree on certain "standard" settings and maybe play a odd game or two with each sites unique settings?

I'm open to suggestions ... ?
Private BadgerJelly

Next

Return to Tournament Archives