Conquer Club

Tournament Spamming

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Tournament Spamming

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:27 am

Age old issue, but seriously? Four or five tournaments at a time of single elimination crap, using the same map every time in each tourney, and then repeating those tournies 20 times.. Such bullshit. I get that people do it for the medals but all it does is reduce the amount of actual quality tournaments that get filled (unless they're TPA), thereby reducing the amount of quality tournies getting created in the first place. Furthermore, it just brings a bad rep to to the tournament section of the website.

We have autotournaments for the repetitive scene, and as long as it gets mixed up occasionally (we could do with some more variety there too) it's fine. Don't need players spamming crap too. Surely the department leader can have a word if nothing more, to begin with?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Re: Tournament Spamming

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:18 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Age old issue, but seriously? Four or five tournaments at a time of single elimination crap, using the same map every time in each tourney, and then repeating those tournies 20 times.. Such bullshit. I get that people do it for the medals but all it does is reduce the amount of actual quality tournaments that get filled (unless they're TPA), thereby reducing the amount of quality tournies getting created in the first place. Furthermore, it just brings a bad rep to to the tournament section of the website.

We have autotournaments for the repetitive scene, and as long as it gets mixed up occasionally (we could do with some more variety there too) it's fine. Don't need players spamming crap too. Surely the department leader can have a word if nothing more, to begin with?

back when I was running tournaments, I did repetitive series. mainly on popular maps like feudal and arms race. there is a group of people that like playing those simple brackets. of course I usually made a seeding round that would give it a more regular season and playoff aspect. but none the less I started a new one as soon as the previous one finished.

i'll admit that once I started doing a bunch I kind of got to where I was hunting for medals, but that was maybe only 25 percent of my enjoyment. I actually liked watching players progress and go through the brackets. I did some 64 player brackets. but found that the 16 player brackets filled quicker and were easier to handle.

to be honest, I don't think the auto tourmaments are repetitive. every round changes settings. they make a feudal auto-tourney... but it's got sunny settings mixed in. that's just dumb. I would join auto tourmanents a bit if there were some that stuck with a particular map and setting the whole way through. but i'm not about to play a dumb tournament that changes up every game. i'm not saying that everyone thinks like me, but I think there is enough that do to make your vision and my vision of the tournament world legitimate.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Return to Tournament Archives