Conquer Club

Do not pm about tournaments list

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Do not pm about tournaments list

Postby IcePack on Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:38 am

There needs to be a list of people who don't get spammed about tournaments.
I've asked repeatedly not to receive tournament messages and still get them.

I'm not interested. If I was, I would go look in open tournaments. I don't need 2-3 pm about each open tournament.
I'm an active member of the site, I know how to navigate to areas that i want to see and look at. I know how to sign up for tournaments if I'm interested because i have past tournament experience.

Create a list, and place me at the top of it.

Thanks!

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: Do not pm about tournaments list

Postby IcePack on Thu May 05, 2016 10:20 am

BUMP

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby chapcrap on Sun May 22, 2016 8:22 am

IcePack wrote:BUMP

PM sent about tournament I'm starting.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Dukasaur on Mon May 23, 2016 8:34 pm

You know this is an impossible thing you're asking. How would you enforce a list? Even if someone wanted to obey it, if it got to a decent size, how would someone go about checking it before sending a PM? You think someone would come to this forum, scroll down a list with a couple hundred names on it, and see if anyone on it was on their list?

The only way such a thing could be done would be as an automated extention of the foe system, and what do you think are the chances of getting BW to design that?
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby IcePack on Tue May 24, 2016 1:33 am

Dukasaur wrote:

You know this is an impossible thing you're asking. How would you enforce a list? Even if someone wanted to obey it, if it got to a decent size, how would someone go about checking it before sending a PM? You think someone would come to this forum, scroll down a list with a couple hundred names on it, and see if anyone on it was on their list?

The only way such a thing could be done would be as an automated extention of the foe system, and what do you think are the chances of getting BW to design that?

I think your missing the point, even more important then a list (which I'm not really suggesting) is the fact that my bane would be at the very top.
Essentially, just emphasizing exactly how much I do not wish to be notified of tournaments in sign ups.
There have been several cases where I've been getting 3+ pm about the same tournament, and many times were I receive these spam messages even after asking people to take me off their personal spam lists.

Essentially as tournaments have gotten harder to fill, the area / group as a whole have been far more spammy and I'm really tired about receiving a pm about every tournament out there from multiple people who apparently are under the assumption I don't know where to find a tournament should I want extra games to participate in.

Unless i ask to be on a list, I don't want a pm. That was the point. Most people have their own individual lists and I want to be sure they take me off of it.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:18 pm

IcePack wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

I think your missing the point, even more important then a list (which I'm not really suggesting) is the fact that my bane would be at the very top.
Essentially, just emphasizing exactly how much I do not wish to be notified of tournaments in sign ups.
There have been several cases where I've been getting 3+ pm about the same tournament, and many times were I receive these spam messages even after asking people to take me off their personal spam lists.

Essentially as tournaments have gotten harder to fill, the area / group as a whole have been far more spammy and I'm really tired about receiving a pm about every tournament out there from multiple people who apparently are under the assumption I don't know where to find a tournament should I want extra games to participate in.

Unless i ask to be on a list, I don't want a pm. That was the point. Most people have their own individual lists and I want to be sure they take me off of it.

Yeah, you would think people who maintain permanent lists would honour a request to take you off.

Myself, I don't have a permanent spam list. If it is necessary to do some spamming, I usually go to the player list of previous similar tournaments. Thus, the "list" is different every time, depending on the nature of the tournament. If you've been in one of my tournaments in the past, there's always a chance that you'll get a spam mail in the future, although it's not a high chance. I try to be careful with not overdoing it. I do try to give each list at least a cursory glance to see if there's someone on it who shouldn't be. I also make sure I don't send to too many people. My rule-of-thumb is three people per vacancy, so if I have 10 vacancies in a tournament I'll only PM 30 people. I think some of the TOs have a permanent list with hundreds of names on it and that just makes no sense.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Return to Tournament Archives