Conquer Club

The Brits aren't stupid...

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Norse on Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:17 pm

I'm gonna level with ya, there are a great deal of idiots here.

However, the average iq of britain, I would bet a lot of money on, is greater than most other countries.
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Gypsys Kiss on Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:26 pm

MeDeFe wrote:There are no British car manufacturers! They all get their cars from Germany.

Morgan and Marcos
Sergeant Gypsys Kiss

Postby AndrewLC on Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:55 pm

sully800 wrote:
hecter wrote:
Frigidus wrote:
Tyr wrote:ito end theses dam video about stupid whoevers if you go to any country you will find stupid people regardless of which country

Except for Switzerland. They do no wrong.

They also do no right.

They're fairly neutral about what they do.

:lol:

post count +1
Sexy party

Free Norse!
Free Norse!
Free Norse!
Cook AndrewLC

Postby gethine on Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:22 am

i is a britin. and i ain't stoopid.
Major gethine

Postby firth4eva on Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:27 am

Jaguar's British. As is Aston Martin. And I saw this video couple of weeks ago.
Captain firth4eva

Postby lcb11 on Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:28 am

MeDeFe wrote:There are no British car manufacturers! They all get their cars from Germany.

Because car manufacturing and other 'low skilled' jobs tend to die out in developed countries and relocate to countries less developed where salaries are much lower - hence the rise of Korea, Mexico and other poorer countries now producing the majority of cars.

Expect to see the same in Germany in the coming decades - unless you want to be the New (New) Mexico.

That, and we've had some really rubbish car manufacturers over here - though we tended to sell them to foreign investors before they went bust. 8)
Corporal lcb11

Postby Skittles! on Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:30 am

Err, the Prime Minister of the U.K is George Bush!

Watch out Brits!

EDIT: And the subtitles aren't the best for showing off the English language. Instances like spelling colour as "coulors", etc. etc. Hypocrisy at its best.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby JoeCorden on Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:26 am

Skittles! wrote:Err, the Prime Minister of the U.K is George Bush!

Watch out Brits!

EDIT: And the subtitles aren't the best for showing off the English language. Instances like spelling colour as "coulors", etc. etc. Hypocrisy at its best.

And the fact that the person asking the questions believed that Rolls Royce was a British car manufacturer.
Corporal 1st Class JoeCorden

Postby Guiscard on Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:48 am

JoeCorden wrote:
Skittles! wrote:Err, the Prime Minister of the U.K is George Bush!

Watch out Brits!

And the fact that the person asking the questions believed that Rolls Royce was a British car manufacturer.

Indeed. The race question is a bit of a trick too, I've known plenty of university graduates give the same answer...

And the subtitles also spelt the PM's name as Tony Blare...
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby cp254 on Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:08 pm

There USED to be a lot of British car manufacturers, including Aston Martin, Jaguar, and Cooper

Most are now owned by johnny foreigner.

Two (still) British owned car manufacturers today are Noble and TVR
Lieutenant cp254

Postby btownmeggy on Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:12 pm

JoeCorden wrote:And the fact that the person asking the questions believed that Rolls Royce was a British car manufacturer.

What? Isn't it? I realize that it was bought by BMW, but they're still made in Britain, aren't they? And it's a traditionally British company, certainly.
Corporal btownmeggy

Postby JoeCorden on Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:38 pm

btownmeggy wrote:
JoeCorden wrote:And the fact that the person asking the questions believed that Rolls Royce was a British car manufacturer.

What? Isn't it? I realize that it was bought by BMW, but they're still made in Britain, aren't they? And it's a traditionally British company, certainly.

Depends on how you want to argue it. If Rolls Royce is a British company then so are Aston, Rover, Leyland and many others. Apart from a few lesser known companies, all the traditionally British manufacturers are now owned by foreigners.
Rolls is owned by BMW. Aston Martin is owned by a company based in Kuwaiti who bought it from Ford. Rovers are still being made in the UK but I think they're owned by a Chinese company. British Leyland became part of Rover when all the good parts had been sold off (Jag, the Mini).
I suppose I'm just picking faults with the quiz though. I just think that a Brit who can't name a British car company shouldn't be considered stupid.
Corporal 1st Class JoeCorden

Postby Snorri1234 on Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:48 pm

I can only name one dutch car manufacturer. But that's mainly because there is only one dutch car manufacturer left.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,