Conquer Club

Germany Map [Done]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Hoff on Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:14 pm

Jota wrote:In a day or two I hope to release a utility program that'll help with this. I just want to test it a bit on the Discworld map I'm working on first.

oh alright sounds cool.

and btw, I changed prussia to have 3 for a bonus. Even tho there are only 2 border countries, there is still a good amount on countires in prussia, so i raised it from 2 to 3
Sergeant Hoff

Postby Marvaddin on Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:19 pm

Ok, here I go:

Countries, border countries, attack routes...
Bavaria, 8, 4, 6... bonus ok, although the expansion to Rheinland is obvious.

East Germany: 6, 4, 7... very difficult to hold, but with only 6 countries. 5 is a high bonus, reduce it to 4 (maybe reduce a border too, maybe Magdeburg or Erfurt)

Prussia: 6, 2, 4... little bonus. Its not as easy to hold as it seems. And the expansion after hold it its not easy too. Bonus of 3, I suggest.

West Germany: 9, 4, 6... difficult to hold too, but the expansion to Prussia is obvious. I think the bonusis ok.

Rheinland: 5, 3, 5... 3 is a good bonus, because it has 5 countries only.

Hessen: 8, 3, 5... good bonus too.

I liked the map. Its a difficult one. You can sit and wait, all continents have many borders to defend, so we can expect pretty action games here.

The legend is good enough now, and I liked the shield too. I believe you should centralize the map a bit, because there is a space at bottom much greater than the space in the top. You could put a smaller rose, and cut some space from the sides too... unless these are the proportional dimensions of the real Germany flag. I also think you could use more distinctive colours for East Germany, West Germany and Hessen, although its not necessary. How about another name to East / West too?

Pretty good. Its now a map I want play... Congratulations. :wink:
Major Marvaddin

Postby fishfleas on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:50 pm

I tip on finding coordinates for the XML load the image into paint you don't have to save it.... just load it...... if you drag your mouse over the image down on the bottom it tells you what the xy coordinates are..... :)

See paint isn't useless.... :)
Private fishfleas

Postby thegrimsleeper on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:52 pm

Yes it is, because Photoshop has the same feature. :P

It's in the Navigator/Info/Options window, click the crosshair and select Pixels.
Sergeant 1st Class thegrimsleeper

Postby Hoff on Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:13 pm

Ok I made some last minute corrections and then submitted the map to lack. Hopefully he likes the map and puts it on the site. I worked really hard on it so i'm looking forward to hopefully being able to play on it. Thank you for everyone who made helpful suggestions, especially marv and andy who made detailed suggestions to help take the map to the next level.

I guess we can let this thread die now...
Sergeant Hoff

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:33 pm

Look forward to giving it a go! :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Jota on Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:33 pm

The tool I mentioned is now available, but I suppose it's a bit late for it to help with this map.
Sergeant 1st Class Jota

Spelling mistake

Postby cloudcatcher on Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:57 pm

Shouldn't "Hemeln" be spelt "Hameln"?
Not serious at all - just thought I mention it
Captain cloudcatcher

Re: Germany Map [Done]

Postby abfahren on Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:25 am

have you ever been to Germany? Geographically this is a ridiculous map... Hessen, Bremen and berlin are not anything like real life
Lieutenant abfahren

Postby pepperonibread on Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:57 am

abfahren wrote:have you ever been to Germany? Geographically this is a ridiculous map... Hessen, Bremen and berlin are not anything like real life

I'll direct you to the Germany Revamp I'm currently working on: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=47140
Development is presently a little slow, but when it is finished it will replace the current Germany map. You can post your comments/criticisms there if you like :)
Corporal pepperonibread

Postby MrBenn on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:23 am

As pepperonibread said, this map is being revamped here :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=47140

Let's continue any discussion over there ;-)
[locked]
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Previous

Return to The Atlas