Conquer Club

Buy the maps

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Buy the maps

Postby InkL0sed on Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:09 pm

* Suggestion Idea: Have at least some of the maps sold in the CC Shop.

* Specifics: That's pretty much all there is to it. I don't know how much expense is involved in manufacturing a few boards, but if it's deemed too much, there are alternatives. Those are: 1) The maps could be sold as downloadable files to be printed out, or 2) The maps could be sold by demand. So they wouldn't be made until requested, and could be customizable.

* Why it is needed: It'd be nice to be able to play RISK in real life with some of the maps on CC. And Lack can have another source of money!
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby wcaclimbing on Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:21 pm

You probably dont realize how big of a picture is needed to make a high quality print of a map.

For example, a print of the Large version of AoM would give you a map a whole 9 inches across....... not very useful for playing a game on.

To make a map that is the size of a full board, it takes a HUGE image and tons of extra hours of work to get all of the details in on a map that big. Changing it during the map foundry would be a nightmare.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby richardgarr on Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:35 pm

Fantastic Idea ! ! :D

I believe if there was enough request for people to purchase a certain style of map, someone would take the time to enlarge the images and make the boards.
It is all about demand. No money no honey.

I can see that it is not worth the money that development would cost.( at this point. ) Perhaps someone, with the tools and know how, would be able to create a market for this.

:D :D 8)
Sergeant richardgarr

Postby 4V4T4R on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:50 pm

programs like photoshop can increase the resolution of an image by
interpolating pixels in between existing ones. So, theoretically you could
upscale a map without much loss of detail. How well it would actually work, idk.
Private 4V4T4R

Postby InkL0sed on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:50 pm

wcaclimbing wrote:You probably dont realize how big of a picture is needed to make a high quality print of a map.

For example, a print of the Large version of AoM would give you a map a whole 9 inches across....... not very useful for playing a game on.

To make a map that is the size of a full board, it takes a HUGE image and tons of extra hours of work to get all of the details in on a map that big. Changing it during the map foundry would be a nightmare.

I don't know how much of this is exaggeration, but I do see your point. On the other hand, I think there are several mapmakers who would be willing to make larger versions of their maps. Plus, I personally wouldn't mind if they didn't look as good as they do online...
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Return to Archived Suggestions