Conquer Club

Speed Games - non premium [rejected]

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Speed Games - non premium [rejected]

Postby gdeangel on Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:49 pm

I get the whole idea of inticing people to sign up for Premium Membership, and clearly server cost and bandwith use is higher for speed games, but blocking free members from playing any speed game really stinks. The guide says something about free member not being able to start a new speed game - fine make them unable to pick their favorite board - but at least let free members play some finite number of speed games per year/month/week (i.e., quota of one game /week would at least let you try some of the boards, see if its worth the $25...) Just a suggestion.
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby Kemmler on Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:25 pm

unless i'm missing something you can still play speed games
Cook Kemmler

Re: Speed Games - non premium

Postby Blitzaholic on Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:13 pm

gdeangel wrote:I get the whole idea of inticing people to sign up for Premium Membership, and clearly server cost and bandwith use is higher for speed games, but blocking free members from playing any speed game really stinks. The guide says something about free member not being able to start a new speed game - fine make them unable to pick their favorite board - but at least let free members play some finite number of speed games per year/month/week (i.e., quota of one game /week would at least let you try some of the boards, see if its worth the $25...) Just a suggestion.

my suggestion is get $25 bucks and you can play a ton, well worth it
General Blitzaholic

Postby Jon06359 on Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:32 pm

gdeangel wrote:I get the whole idea of inticing people to sign up for Premium Membership, and clearly server cost and bandwith use is higher for speed games, but blocking free members from playing any speed game really stinks. The guide says something about free member not being able to start a new speed game - fine make them unable to pick their favorite board - but at least let free members play some finite number of speed games per year/month/week (i.e., quota of one game /week would at least let you try some of the boards, see if its worth the $25...) Just a suggestion.

AGREED!!!
Sergeant 1st Class Jon06359

Postby the_fatty on Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:37 pm

SHUT UP.

freemiums (even though i am one) complain too much about not doing private and speed games. If u want to play those games then pay the 25$. If u dont wanna pay then grow up lack isnt gonna lose more money so some whiney 10-year old doesnt need daddys permission to play here.
wicked wrote:agreed, I'm scum. vote wicked.
Dariune wrote:Who said thaf > if i dont (f*ck SAKE!!!) go soon shi gfonna get in troubl with Jen. Teehee

I not drunk im tipsy and my key board is shite thats akl
Private the_fatty

Postby hecter on Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:56 pm

Kemmler wrote:unless i'm missing something you can still play speed games

You are mistaken. Very mistaken. Although, I do agree with this suggestion... I think freemiums should get 2 non-stackable speed games a month.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby The Fuzzy Pengui on Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:01 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:my suggestion is get $25 bucks and you can play a ton, well worth it

Agreed!
Gilligan wrote:I'M SO GOOD AT THIS GAME
My stepmom locked the bathroom door
So I opened the lock with my shoelace
Corporal 1st Class The Fuzzy Pengui

Postby Nickbaldwin on Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:16 pm

cheapskates...
LOCK THIS FUCKING THREAD.
Captain Nickbaldwin

Postby Kemmler on Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:24 pm

hecter wrote:

You are mistaken. Very mistaken. Although, I do agree with this suggestion... I think freemiums should get 2 non-stackable speed games a month.

I've played speed games before, just can't create 'em
Cook Kemmler

Postby hecter on Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:25 pm

Kemmler wrote:
hecter wrote:

I've played speed games before, just can't create 'em

You got a couple free speed games for CC's second year anniversary.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Kemmler on Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:30 pm

oh ok thanks I thought that was a bit odd.
Cook Kemmler

Postby Herakilla on Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:41 pm

25 bucks a year is incredibly cheap compared to other sites....
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby amazzony on Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:51 pm

1. Fremiums - pay or accept how it is ;) You should be happy that they let you play at all. They might just give you a month to play and then kick you out if you don't play.
2. Premium - don't be so rude to freemiums, of course they want to get some better game "settings" for them ;)
And yes, even if it is very cheap then it doesn't change the fact that some people actually don't have the money.
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

... here's the deal

Postby gdeangel on Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:05 am

OK - so now that I figured out how this site works with the Freestlye pickup games, etc. it's not so bad getting shut out of Speed Games and it doesn't really ruin the fun - although a lot of speed gamers could use a few lessons in civility - BUT HERE's the DL... person who just signed up has a relatively short attention span - you want to dig in right a way and see what it's about. A lot of these people are going to read about the site, get psyched up, register, join a regular game (probably sequential, after all, to a newbie, start simple, right???), and maybe if they are lucky get in the first turn, sit there, say "this sucks", and then go deadbeat. Worse yet, they join a game with 4+ people, check in a couple of time over a few hours, aren't even to turn #1 and deadbeat. That means 3 vets who are sitting around for 3 rounds saying WTF!

So my revised suggestion is this - just give each newbie something like 5 total speed games to play forever, maybe even just let them play them during the first 24-hours. Once that's up, either they know what it's about and will pay, or they'll get the idea of sequential vs. freestyle and figure out that regular games take a few days...

BTW - the free membership here rocks! You just have to get a little familiar with how to pick the right games.
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby sfhbballnut on Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:32 am

The Fuzzy Pengui wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:my suggestion is get $25 bucks and you can play a ton, well worth it

Agreed!
Corporal sfhbballnut

Postby PLAYER57832 on Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:23 am

Pay the money...

Most sites give you only a very temporary trial -- much more limited versions, time limits (sometimes hours, occasionally days). To do more, you pay $20-$30 and often only get access to one version of one game. Here you can play ad infinitum ... just only 4 games at a time.

A pretty good deal

Non-premiums CAN play private, just not speed games (other than occasional special rewards)

I think another issue, not mentioned yet, is that speed and private games can end up taking a lot of data space. "Freebie" players are much more likely to deadbeat and do other "no-no's" than those who pay. When they do, it is somewhat harder to crack down. A freebie loses nothing by being ousted and having to create a new profile. A paid member on the other hand ....
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby lozzini on Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:37 am

i think the idea of a set amount of free speed games is a good idea as well as if you wernt sure about the site it is not neccessarily true you will remember about it the next day

PS. current memebrrs should get the 5 free turns if it for new players lol
Top Rank: Captain
Top Score: 1835
Top Pos: 1707
Nothing ventured... nothing gained
Sergeant 1st Class lozzini

Postby PLAYER57832 on Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:37 pm

I am sure adding speed games to freebie accounts would make folks happier, but the real customers of this site are those who pay. Be happy you get as much as you do -- it far exceeds most other sites. Instead of complaining because it isn't ALL free.

Want more ... just pay the $25
Corporal PLAYER57832

Every month non premium members should get 1 sp [Rejected]

Postby MonkeyCrazy12321 on Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:25 am

Every month non premium members should get 1 speed game.
Last edited by MonkeyCrazy12321 on Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signed by: Duke, William, Trojë (the sixth)
Private MonkeyCrazy12321

Postby lord voldemort on Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:56 am

how bout u just buy premium. or get a friend to buy u it
its $25 for a year...like 50 c a week
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Fruitcake on Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:00 am

Your idea and argument might carry a little more weight if you had become a premium member yourself.

To have the benefits you have, and then ask for more, while contributing nothing to the resources required to keep the site going is, quite frankly, a bit rich.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby insomniacdude on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:15 am

I think that'd be a good idea. After a freemium player completes five games (I.E. after they get ranked) they get one free speed game per month. They shouldn't rollover.

It'd be a great way to cause more demand for the premium account without causing too much stress on the rest of the site or cheapening the value of premium.

Also, I agree with Fruitcake. This just looks like a plea from a free member who doesn't want to put up the $25 a year to play a speed game.
Cadet insomniacdude

Postby Twill on Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:02 pm

We have mulled over similar ideas many times and always come to one conclusion...

multi heaven.

If every freemie gets 1 free speed game a month, how many people would create 30 accounts to get a free speed game every day?

It's just not smart for us to do, dishonest players would kill the servers with huge load and ruin things for everyone.

Sorry.

Rejected.

Twill
Retired.
Please don't PM me about forum stuff any more.

Essential forum poster viewing:
Posting, and You! and How to behave on an internet forum...on the internet
Corporal 1st Class Twill

Postby MOBAJOBG on Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:00 pm

...perhaps, 1 speed game in every 3 or 4 months!?
Major MOBAJOBG

Postby cicero on Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:04 pm

Is "begging" a reason to lock a thread?
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions