Conquer Club

License to Kill [WINNER: banana_hammocks]

Tournaments completed in 2008.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

License to Kill [WINNER: banana_hammocks]

Postby conquerAce on Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:19 am

Updates

9/19

After a short battle banana_hammocks killed both of the remaining players. Join me in congratulating banana_hammocks on his victory.

The second installment of this tourney is taking players now.

9/1

Finals has been determined.... Since we are down to three players it's difficult to have the winner decided in a terminator match like we've had thus far. The finals will be a three way match between the remaining player and the winner of this match will be declared the winner of the tournament.

We do have a ghost killer and that is Kilazul with four kills throughout the tournament....

The three finalist are mushin, banana_hammocks and graulenst

Thank you all for your participation...

8/21

Only three more games left in this round.... have at it guys plenty of points available...

8/14

After a marathon 50 round match round five is officially in the books and I have updated the standings... We are down to four killers... Round 6 is moving along with seven games already completed.

7/28

Round six has officially started but I'm waiting on two more games to update the standings. I will let you know that there were kills and eliminations in round five so we are trimming the playing field.

7/16

We are almost half way through the 5th round... plenty more points out there so keep on killing... happy hunting killers

7/2

The fourth round is coming to a close and I have created the games for round 5. I will be working on the groupings tonight and I will send PMs out for you all tomorrow... Just as in other rounds the remaining games will be played out to determine eliminations and kills but I can start the next round tomorrow.

6/28

The final game in Round three is officially over. The standings have been updated.

Round four is moving along quickly... I guess all of the bonuses in Pearl Harbor make it easier for you all to kill each other...

6/8

I have sent out the PMs for round four games. I know that there are three games still active and I will post the standings once these are complete.

6/3

The third round is moving along. There are a few games completed already but there are still plenty of kills to be made. Happy hunting.

5/18

So the next round is underway, we didn't have to wait long at all... I have sent PMs with your targets and games. Happy hunting.

We lost another player but the first reserve was more than happy to step in. Just waiting on a few more players to join the last games.

5/17

Looks like we are waiting on one game really before we can start the next round. If ralphcptc can manage to survive we may be waiting a little longer.

I have the games ready to go I just have to set up the players list (killer/target pairings).

5/8

First update in a couple of week or so... looks like half the games are done. Looking good killers, keep up the steady pace.

4/25

Looks like all but four matches have started for the next round.

One player dropped out so they were replaced by our first reserve.

4/20

So we are waiting for three games to finish. There is one Game 2192507 where no one seems to want to make a kill, or maybe it's strategy... or maybe there is no target in that game....

Once these three games are complete I will post the Kills and misses. I will also post the number of players still alive. You will get a new target in the next round and a new map.

4/17

About half the games are done so we are moving along nicely. Of the games that have been completed I can say that one did not record a kill for sure. Having said that there have been kills, you guys are good. If you don't kill your target for this round don't worry you will be getting a new one in the next round so that it won't be easy to guess the killer/target pairs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Awhile back there was a different type of assassin tournament where the kill could be recorded in any game. It seemed like fun but I understand that the organizer will not be available to spend time on CC so I wanted to steal the idea and add to it.

Premium Players Only Please

So this is how thing will work.

I will leave registration for this tournament open to as many people that would like to join. Registration will be open for a period of two weeks. If there is a large number of people that show interest prior to the two week window I will cut the registration off early.

All games will be sequential, terminator, no fog, flat, chained on random maps. Games will have between 4 and 6 players depending on the number of registrants.

I will let you know who your target is when the tournament starts.

Each week players will have 5 games to play where one game will have their target, one game will have their assassin and three games will have other random players.

A new set of games will be available each week, probably on Sundays. Each set of games will be played on the same map but maps will not be repeated until we need to.

Once you have killed your target send me a PM with the elimination information and I will let you know who your new target is. If there is a situation where a player was killed and their target was killed in the same set of games I will decide which player moves on based on the round that the player was killed in. If player A kills their target in round 10 but gets killed in round 6 on the same map then they are eliminated.

I will record the kills in this thread but not who the assassin was or the target. If you were the target you will be eliminated from the tournament but you will not know. When there have been 15 (number of registrants - 1) kills recorded we will have a winner.

The winner of the tourney will be the last killer standing.

A secondary title of Ghost Killer will be granted to the person who records the most kills after they are eliminated.

I would love to play in this but someone has to run it. Good Luck to all that join.

BTW this will be my first official tournament so if there are any suggestions to the way thing should be run I'm open to any advice.
Last edited by conquerAce on Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:41 pm, edited 38 times in total.
Major conquerAce

Player List

Postby conquerAce on Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:42 am

Last edited by conquerAce on Wed May 21, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Major conquerAce

Statistics

Postby conquerAce on Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:43 am

Round 1

Kills - 7
Eliminations- 4
Still Alive- 12

Round 2

Kills - 5
Eliminations- 2
Still Alive- 10

Round 3

Kills - 4
Eliminations- 2
Still Alive- 8

Round 4

Kills - 4
Eliminations- 2
Still Alive- 6

Round 5

Kills - 5
Eliminations- 2
Still Alive- 4
Last edited by conquerAce on Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:17 am, edited 6 times in total.
Major conquerAce

Re: License to Kill

Postby conquerAce on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:31 am

First entrant registered this morning. I hope that the rest of you find some interest also.
Last edited by conquerAce on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Major conquerAce

Postby bigdaddyslim2 on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:06 pm

im your huckleberry, count me in THANK YOU ....SLIM
Sergeant 1st Class bigdaddyslim2

Postby Night Strike on Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:31 am

Because you are not posting the player list publicly, it would be beneficial for you to include the number of players participating in the tournament when you request your privileges (once it's full). That way we can verify that you meet the 16 player minimum requirement. Good luck filling it (I'm not going to join by the way).

If you have any questions, feel free to PM a Tournament Director.
Major Night Strike

Postby conquerAce on Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:12 am

Night Strike wrote:Because you are not posting the player list publicly, it would be beneficial for you to include the number of players participating in the tournament when you request your privileges (once it's full). That way we can verify that you meet the 16 player minimum requirement. Good luck filling it (I'm not going to join by the way).

If you have any questions, feel free to PM a Tournament Director.

Thanks for the tip... I knew that there were minimum requirements for players and games to be considered a tournament. I wouldn't have asked for privs w/o meeting the requirements.

Rule Change:

I will record the kills in this thread but not who the assassin was or the target. If you were the target you will be eliminated from the tournament but you will not know. When there have been 15 kills recorded we will have a winner.

The winner of the tourney will be the last killer standing.

A secondary title of Ghost Killer will be granted to the person who records the most kills after they are eliminated.
Major conquerAce

Re: License to Kill [Updated Rules 6/16]

Postby dfp2dep on Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:40 pm

I'm in
Sergeant 1st Class dfp2dep

Re: License to Kill [***7/16***]

Postby conquerAce on Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:17 pm

your in

Someone asked the question: can i kill anyone or just my target?

That's the beauty of the setup, you are not penalized for killing someone else's target so you truly will have a license to kill, not just a contract assassination target :D
Major conquerAce

Re: License to Kill [***7/16***]

Postby KidWhisky on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:31 am

I like this idea. I'd like to try this one out.
Baby, When You Look This Good, You Don't Have To KNOW Anything.

"You? Whats To Know? Your A Punk, A Rank Amature...Still If It's A Whoopin Your A Wantin!
Captain KidWhisky

Re: License to Kill [***8/16+***]

Postby conquerAce on Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:55 pm

you're in
Major conquerAce

Re: License to Kill [***8/16+***]

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:21 pm

Interesting, I`m in.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Re: License to Kill [***9/16+***]

Postby conquerAce on Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:14 am

you're in
Major conquerAce

Postby banana_hammocks on Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:20 pm

sign me up
Captain banana_hammocks

Postby AtreidesHouse on Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:39 pm

Format looks fun, add me
And that day dawned when Arrakis lay at the hub of the universe with the wheel poised to spin

Winner of Mario and Sonic Tournament
Winner of A Quick KO Tournament
Private 1st Class AtreidesHouse

Postby colson on Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:03 pm

I'm in
Major colson

Re: License to Kill [***12/16+***]

Postby conquerAce on Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:54 pm

The three of you are in...

Looks like it might be full by this Sunday. If so I may bump it up to 20 or 24 players
Major conquerAce

Re: License to Kill [***12/16+***]

Postby Teutonics on Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:44 am

I'm in.

Thanks for running with the concept.
Corporal 1st Class Teutonics

Re: License to Kill [***13/16+***]

Postby conquerAce on Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:46 pm

Teutonics wrote:I'm in.

Thanks for running with the concept.

Thanks you must've been in the first attempt of this format. You're in now :)
Major conquerAce

Postby Prinfi on Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:23 am

Finally one tournament without freestyle and escalating :), so... i'll play , count me in, please
Major Prinfi

Postby acores2005 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:00 pm

Sign me please

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Winner of
The Classic Bracket Tournament
Can U Rule The World Tourny

2nd place
Mini Classic Tournament Best of the Best
Private 1st Class acores2005

Re: License to Kill [***15/16+***]

Postby conquerAce on Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:04 pm

okay the two of you are in...
Major conquerAce

Re: License to Kill [***Full*** Loking for Reserves]

Postby conquerAce on Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:12 pm

Using RANDOM.ORG I have assigned the initial targets to the 16 players listed. I have sent you all a PM with your target information.

I will send the game information as soon as I get tourney privileges.
Major conquerAce

Re: License to Kill [Round 1 ** Reserves welcome **]

Postby conquerAce on Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:42 am

Round one has started and PMs have been sent.

Happy Hunting
Major conquerAce

Re: License to Kill [***Full*** Loking for Reserves]

Postby Prinfi on Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:33 am

My english is poor so maybe i didn't understand one point:

What happen when other player kills your target?, is indiferent?, all works like if you were the killer?

Thanks and congrats for the tournament again ;)
Major Prinfi

Next

Return to Completed 2008