Conquer Club

world 2.1

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

world 2.1

Postby mexicangeneral on Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:05 pm

ive played thier once but lost fast

wat is the best way to win in 1v1 also1v 8
Private 1st Class mexicangeneral

Re: world 2.1

Postby BaldAdonis on Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:57 pm

1v1: take territories, not bonuses.
8: same as usual.
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby Dr_Demento on Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:43 pm

under what other name did you play? Theres not a single 2.1 game in your game history :?
Lieutenant Dr_Demento

Postby westsidekilla6 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:28 pm

lol multi.
Cook westsidekilla6

Postby mexicangeneral on Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:25 pm

well any help

take territorys thats all
Private 1st Class mexicangeneral

Postby wcaclimbing on Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:02 pm

pwnd himself.

lololol :lol:
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby westsidekilla6 on Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:19 pm

:mrgreen:
Cook westsidekilla6

Postby t-o-m on Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:16 pm

loooolllllllll
hhaha
Major t-o-m

Postby nameless1 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:17 pm

:lol:
Cook nameless1

Postby tzor on Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:28 pm

SO now that we have exposed the original poster and left him or her naked and lying in the gutter, does anyone have any strategy for world 2.1 they would like to share?
Cadet tzor

Postby GabonX on Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:43 pm

mexicangeneral wrote:ive played thier once but lost fast

wat is the best way to win in 1v1 also1v 8

For archive in case he edits this post away...
Captain GabonX

Postby GabonX on Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:42 pm

I posted this thread in the cheating and abuse forums...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48265
Captain GabonX

Postby tzor on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:21 am

Personally I think this should be reported under the SPAM and off topic forums. Someone asked a question and that person personally attacked. The question apparently is chopped liver. This is one of the reasons why I don't post much here; all you friendly people. :twisted:
Cadet tzor

Postby Dunk90 on Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:00 pm

World 2.1 is hard as hell to play!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!
I like to kick ass and chew bubble gum and right now I'm out of bubble gum......
Sergeant 1st Class Dunk90

Postby FabledIntegral on Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:52 am

BaldAdonis wrote:1v1: take territories, not bonuses.

wtf are you on? Territories is key, but bonuses are nearly just as important. This isn't classic map where attacking neutrals doesn't pay off. You run over a neutral 3 in world 2.1 you usaully get it back the next turn, while the other person that took a territory might change the territory count +/- 1 with him/you.
Major FabledIntegral

Postby BaldAdonis on Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:37 am

FabledIntegral wrote:

wtf are you on? Territories is key, but bonuses are nearly just as important. This isn't classic map where attacking neutrals doesn't pay off. You run over a neutral 3 in world 2.1 you usaully get it back the next turn, while the other person that took a territory might change the territory count +/- 1 with him/you.

You don't play a lot of 1v1 games, do you? Using your armies to take a bonus from neutral is not only a waste of armies (which you will probably get back), it's a waste of a turn, which you won't get back. You're letting your opponent attack you with their full strength for two rounds, while you fight back with a reduced force. A territory bonus, with that size map, is worth more than a continent bonus, because it's harder to break, and it negatively impacts your opponent. 5 territories (less than average if you have 11 to deploy) gives an effective bonus of 3, because you gain 1/2 while your opponent loses them.
If you can take territories from your opponent which give you a bonus, then do that, but don't beat up neutral for one.
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby FabledIntegral on Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:02 am

BaldAdonis wrote:
FabledIntegral wrote:

You don't play a lot of 1v1 games, do you? Using your armies to take a bonus from neutral is not only a waste of armies (which you will probably get back), it's a waste of a turn, which you won't get back. You're letting your opponent attack you with their full strength for two rounds, while you fight back with a reduced force. A territory bonus, with that size map, is worth more than a continent bonus, because it's harder to break, and it negatively impacts your opponent. 5 territories (less than average if you have 11 to deploy) gives an effective bonus of 3, because you gain 1/2 while your opponent loses them.
If you can take territories from your opponent which give you a bonus, then do that, but don't beat up neutral for one.

Which only applies to smaller maps, such as classic (or whatever the hell it is now). On larger maps such as world 2.1, taking bonuses is key. Killing 3 neutrals to get a bonus - of course not. Killing a single neutral to get a bonus back the next turn - of course. Using the map to your advantage in terms of neutral walls and such is where you pick which bonuses you'll go after. If you take a bonus and kill a neutral which is bordering your enemy, you're fucked obviously because they'll hit it back. However such is not the case on world 2.1 in various situations. Many situations you can kill 1 enemy and 1 neutral and secure a +3/4 bonus, and then a neutral wall exists between you and your enemy. You then have that bonus for the rest of hte game virtually. Since world 2.1 games last a significantly long time, unlike classic where the difference between a +3 vs +5 deployment is huge, in world 2.1 you're getting around +15 vs +17. Those 2 armies become much more significant and you can acquire bonuses as a result.
Major FabledIntegral

Postby BaldAdonis on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:59 am

The opposite is true: on smaller maps, you should get a bonus, even if it means killing neutrals. On larger maps, you shouldn't bother. That's just how the numbers work (taking 3 from your opponent reduces their deployment, but only until they have 11 territories, which happens a lot faster on a smaller map, so the territory gains aren't worth as much).

Your inexperience is showing when you claim World 2.1 games last a long time. With an evenly matched opponent, you might have a longer battle (in your case, where both of you attack neutrals and build up an army in one continent), but most of the time, the winner is determined in the first 4 rounds. Lets play some games and we'll see how well your theory works.
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby FabledIntegral on Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:45 am

BaldAdonis wrote:The opposite is true: on smaller maps, you should get a bonus, even if it means killing neutrals. On larger maps, you shouldn't bother. That's just how the numbers work (taking 3 from your opponent reduces their deployment, but only until they have 11 territories, which happens a lot faster on a smaller map, so the territory gains aren't worth as much).

Your inexperience is showing when you claim World 2.1 games last a long time. With an evenly matched opponent, you might have a longer battle (in your case, where both of you attack neutrals and build up an army in one continent), but most of the time, the winner is determined in the first 4 rounds. Lets play some games and we'll see how well your theory works.

I never suggested building up an army on a continent. But alright.
Major FabledIntegral

Postby FabledIntegral on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:58 am

Oh I definitely should have clarified it's only good to take neutrals when you play freestyle as you can't take advantage of the newly gained bonuses in sequential... in sequential only attack neutrals if you're playing chained/adjacent and you only need to kill 1 more territory and you're opponent is isolated from an area. Don't deploy more than 2 armies generally to kill neutrals to take bonuses although still do it depending on circumstance.
Major FabledIntegral

Postby OliverFA on Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:39 pm

BaldAdonis wrote:The opposite is true: on smaller maps, you should get a bonus, even if it means killing neutrals. On larger maps, you shouldn't bother. That's just how the numbers work (taking 3 from your opponent reduces their deployment, but only until they have 11 territories, which happens a lot faster on a smaller map, so the territory gains aren't worth as much).

Are you talking about 1v1 or 8 players free for all? I have played several World 2.1 games and they never end early (which in my opinion is good by the way).
Private OliverFA

Postby FabledIntegral on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:15 pm

he's referring to 1v1
Major FabledIntegral

Postby Roughriders on Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:28 am

FabledIntegral wrote:

I dont know what your rant about neutral territories is about but I think what Fabled meant is that in 1v1 there are so many territories that the reinforcements are much greater for holding a large number of territories rather than a small number of bonuses. I dont know if the following will make much sense but i think it is more important to stop your opponent from getting all the territory reinforcements than you getting them. Dont ask why or what I mean.. I am not really sure....
Anyways, that being said, territories is number one... get as many as you can but try to get key ones that stop your opponent from getting bonuses and allow to get bonuses (if your opponent chooses not to attack them which he should if he is any good).
Corporal 1st Class Roughriders

Postby para on Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:47 pm

in general, continents usually give a higher bonus than the number of territories that continent has which would itg the mor efficient bonus improvijng method

however, what adonis sais is true so I would say a mix of both is the best strategy, however ignoring the still present help of bonuses wouldnt be good.
Corporal para

Postby FabledIntegral on Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:19 pm

I was misunderstanding what he said - generally we have the exact same strategy. We played 5 games 1v1, I would say all 5 had extreme dice fluctuations and were determined by the dice. He won 3, I won 2. I didn't even come close to outplaying him in the 2 I won, as in one of the games I went something along the lines of 19-5 within the first few turns, and in one of the games I lost over 5 turns he went something like 27-8. Dice are such bullshit in 1v1 if both players have proper strategy.
Major FabledIntegral

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion