Conquer Club

Original Classic map vs New Classic map [Winner: Ditocoaf]

Tournaments completed in 2008.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Original Classic map vs New Classic map [Winner: Ditocoaf]

Postby T7 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:59 pm

The grand final of the Original Classic map vs New Classic map has been completed...

The winner of the grand final (Game 2318556) is - Ditocoaf taking the win for the New Classic Map team, second-to-last player being ourhero16 from the Old Classic Map team.

trouptraynot began with a good drop in Australia which he quickly went to work utilising, building into strong fortifications in Australia and South America. Ditocoaf made an early play for Europe which he managed to hold after a long fight. Ourhero16 and Killmanic meanwhile built large roaming threatening armies. Later, trouptraynot found ideological agreement didn't equate to an alliance when Ourhero16 launched a devistating attack on him, while Ditocoaf and Killmanic tried to utilise the resulting chaos. trouptraynot's armies who managed to escape were eventually destroyed as were Killmanics leaving Ourhero16 and Ditocoaf to duke it out, Ditocoaf eventually winning the one month 40 round battle.

Congratulations to Ditocoaf for punching well above his weight (a private against a sergeant, lieutenant and a captain) and winning the Original Classic map vs New Classic map grand final! =D>

Thanks everyone for being involved!

T7

--------------------------------

The Grand Final! (You know you want to be here) Game 2385664
Preliminary game 1 winner: killmanic - for the New Classic Map team
Preliminary game 2 winner: trouptraynot - for the Old Classic Map team
Preliminary game 3 winner: ourhero16 - for the Old Classic Map team
Preliminary game 4 winner: Ditocoaf - for the New Classic Map team =D>

Preliminary game 1 Game 2318355
Old Classic map lover: Wicked
Old Classic map lover: bringiton4
New Classic map lover: oaktown
New Classic map lover: killmanic =D>

Preliminary game 2 Game 2318361
Old Classic map lover: trouptraynot =D>
Old Classic map lover: Dangerous-Die
New Classic map lover: keiths31
New Classic map lover: Natewolfman

Preliminary game 3 Game 2318642
Old Classic map lover: Freetymes
Old Classic map lover: ourhero16 =D>
New Classic map lover: barterer2002
New Classic map lover: bryguy

Preliminary game 4 Game 2318556
Old Classic map lover: Tazza
Old Classic map lover: killyou
New Classic map lover: grant.gordon
New Classic map lover: Ditocoaf =D>

Reserves
Reserves: kjtocool (pref Old Classic), Luvr (doesn't really care but sides with New Classic), qwert (unstated), jekins88 (pref Old Classic)

The new "Classic" map caused an uproar. As grown mature adults, we all know there's only one way to resolve a disagreement...

With a bloody and horrifying war of course!!

It's sickening that the world seems headed this way without the sarcasm and joking, but I digress. Lets play - New Classic map lovers vs Old Classic map lovers! Here's how it'll work...

Simply sign up with your choice of playing for the "New Classic map lovers" or "Old Classic map lovers".

There will be 16 positions available (yep, it's a small one - I have no idea how popular or unpopular this idea will be) for a modest 4 players in 4 classic games, the winners of each game will play each other in the final.

Though I'm not setting up 'doubles', I will be putting 2 "New Classic" people and 2 "Old Classic" people in each game. If the two people of the same 'view' want to play as an organised team in the game (instead of as individuals), please feel free to... in fact, I'd encourage it - after all, Classic map honour is at stake! You are fighting for your principles to win, as well as your individual glory! Of course remember as always that alliances must be announced, just like any other Conquer Club game. As far as possible, I will match games in rank.

The map, obviously, is the "Classic" map - and yes it's the new classic map... I know, I know... and the game type will be standard sequential with flat rate cards and adjacent fortification, going for classic all round here.

There are no prizes apart from honour, so lets fight!
Last edited by T7 on Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:27 am, edited 32 times in total.
Highest score: 2039 24/6/11 (1910 16/2/10, 1903 6/1/09)
Major T7

Re: Original Classic map lovers vs New Classic map lovers

Postby wicked on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:26 pm

IN!!! for Classic. there is only one that is truly CLASSIC. :twisted:
Major wicked

Postby killyou on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:27 pm

CLASSIC!!! =D>

make that original classic! :D
Cadet killyou

Postby bringiton4 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:17 pm

I'm in for the REAL, good o'l old-fashioned, makes you eyes wet when you realize it's not there, sort of classic
Lieutenant bringiton4

Postby keiths31 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:22 pm

Put me in for New Classic
Corporal 1st Class keiths31

Postby oaktown on Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:27 pm

finally somebody is dealing with the map change in a positive way - by playing the damn game! :)

What the hell, count me IN - and put me down as a fan of the NEW map!
Captain oaktown

Postby Natewolfman on Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:30 pm

oaktown wrote:finally somebody is dealing with the map change in a positive way - by playing the damn game! :)

What the hell, count me IN - and put me down as a fan of the NEW map!

alright... i put my hat in for the NEW version...

EDIT: let me ask though, if you are prompting the players to kinda ally each other anyways... why not just make the games doubles #-o It would make this ALOT more efficient of a tournament, just friendly advice ;)
Last edited by Natewolfman on Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class Natewolfman

Postby killmanic on Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:32 pm

new
Colonel killmanic

Postby Ditocoaf on Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:58 pm

Is there a spot for people who don't really care, after they fixed the circles? If not, put me down for new.
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Postby trouptraynot on Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:00 pm

I'm in. Old Classic for me.
Lieutenant trouptraynot

Postby T7 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:05 pm

Natewolfman wrote:let me ask though, if you are prompting the players to kinda ally each other anyways... why not just make the games doubles #-o It would make this ALOT more efficient of a tournament, just friendly advice ;)

Three reasons, one that it's more interesting if people co-operate under their own steam (and choice) rather than being forced within a defined structure for it, two that some people are very doubles experienced and others aren't so it levels a few bumps in the playing field experience-wise, three the grand final might have three (or four!) of one particular 'side' so a doubles format would have to stop by the grand final - I'd rather have the same format all the way through.

So, to your #-o-"Gad, what an idiot" smiley, I say :roll: -"Geez, why's anyone doing something different an idiot?" Heh heh, just levelling the smiley karma :D glad to have you aboard! =D>
Major T7

Postby Night Strike on Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:12 pm

T7 wrote:Though I'm not setting up 'doubles', I will be putting 2 "New Classic" people and 2 "Old Classic" people in each game. If the two people of the same 'view' want to play as an organised team in the game (instead of as individuals), I'd encourage it but that's up to them. Same rules as normal, make sure it's announced. As far as possible, I will match games in rank.

You seem to have covered it decently enough, but make sure it is clear that any alliances must be brought up in chat. Secret alliances of any kind are illegal. Good luck on your first tournament.
Major Night Strike

Postby T7 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:22 pm

Roger that. I've amplified my comment on the matter in the original tournament description from...

"If the two people of the same 'view' want to play as an organised team in the game (instead of as individuals), I'd encourage it but that's up to them. Same rules as normal, make sure it's announced."

to...

"If the two people of the same 'view' want to play as an organised team in the game (instead of as individuals), please feel free to... in fact, I'd encourage it - after all, Classic map honour is at stake! You are fighting for your principles to win, as well as for your individual glory! Of course remember as always that alliances must be announced, just like any other Conquer Club game."

Good luck on your first tournament.

Thanks Night Strike!
Major T7

Postby Tazza on Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:23 pm

Old classic map please
Cadet Tazza

Re: Original Classic map vs New Classic map [6 spots left lol!]

Postby grant.gordon on Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:31 am

Count me in. New Map Lover
Sergeant 1st Class grant.gordon

Re: Original Classic map vs New Classic map [5 spots left lol!]

Postby Dangerous-Die on Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:54 am

count me in - - for CLASSIC - - not Classic squiggle squiggle ie the TRUE map
Sergeant 1st Class Dangerous-Die

Re: Original Classic map vs New Classic map [4 spots left lol!]

Postby Qwert on Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:28 am

well you send me invitation,and i accept to join these tournament :)
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby T7 on Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:35 am

qwert wrote:well you send me invitation,and i accept to join these tournament :)

Glad to have you aboard qwert. =D> Are your qwerties going to fight for original classic map or the new classic map?

T7 wrote:Simply sign up with your choice of playing for the "New Classic map lovers" or "Old Classic map lovers".
Major T7

Postby bryguy on Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:06 am

im in - new classic
Corporal bryguy

Postby ourhero16 on Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:10 am

i'll join. old classic.
Captain ourhero16

Postby Freetymes on Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:18 am

Ya baby!
In for the Original original!

Old Skool all the way if you still have room!

Thanks
TheProwler wrote:I concede.
Just this once.
Lieutenant Freetymes

Postby Natewolfman on Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:29 am

T7 wrote:
Natewolfman wrote:let me ask though, if you are prompting the players to kinda ally each other anyways... why not just make the games doubles #-o It would make this ALOT more efficient of a tournament, just friendly advice ;)

Three reasons, one that it's more interesting if people co-operate under their own steam (and choice) rather than being forced within a defined structure for it, two that some people are very doubles experienced and others aren't so it levels a few bumps in the playing field experience-wise, three the grand final might have three (or four!) of one particular 'side' so a doubles format would have to stop by the grand final - I'd rather have the same format all the way through.

So, to your #-o-"Gad, what an idiot" smiley, I say :roll: -"Geez, why's anyone doing something different an idiot?" Heh heh, just levelling the smiley karma :D glad to have you aboard! =D>

haha, touche to you sir =D>

1) I suppose its a good justification, if you didnt have the other 2 reasons thuogh i dont think it would hold on its own :lol:
2) Also true, and while i think it may make better structure as doubles, unfortunately ive ran a couple tournaments in which doubles/quad teams were randomly assigned... nightmare! especally when you get the deadbeats involved :?
3) I can respect you wanting to keep the same format all the way through, (my opinion) is the best of your 3 respones ;) haha, but really over all it dosnt matter how you run it, as long as your smooth and promt, its all good :ugeek:

P.S. - whoever said we should have a section for those who dont care is right :lol: (woulda been me) I just lean twords new because im a fan of the foundry system

Postby T7 on Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:53 am

Natewolfman wrote:haha, touche to you sir =D>

Tips ma hat to a good man! Made me smile and feel gewd! :)

Looks like you've got a lot of tournament experience, got a question for you - though I think I already know the answer. What's your thoughts on grouping according to rank? Random, in order of enrollment, grouped approx by rank, something else? I think it might be a silly question - the best player will win regardless, but thought you might have some insight?

1) I suppose its a good justification, if you didnt have the other 2 reasons thuogh i dont think it would hold on its own

I think this tournament thing might bring out the Dr Frankenstein in me... engineering social experiments for me to watch like Skinner boxes... already have a far more evil plan for my next tourny sorted out...

Deadbeats... *shudder*!
Major T7

Postby kjtocool on Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:58 am

Looks like I'm late to the party, which is too bad considering I play 98% of my games on classic. :D

Count me in as the Old Classic Reserve
Major kjtocool

Postby Natewolfman on Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:58 am

T7 wrote:Looks like you've got a lot of tournament experience, got a question for you - though I think I already know the answer. What's your thoughts on grouping according to rank? Random, in order of enrollment, grouped approx by rank, something else? I think it might be a silly question - the best player will win regardless, but thought you might have some insight?

hard to say, it depends on the set up of the tournament... the majority of the ones i run are random 100% (through randomizer.org) but say for example... a tournament consisting of 8-way matches, and advancement based on a point scale (the place you finish) i could see some grouping... or in league events when you will be playing the same people over and over... but for the most part, i think your better off keeping it random, at least then less people can complain heh

Next

Return to Completed 2008