Conquer Club

The last evolution thread

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

The last evolution thread

Postby heavycola on Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:34 pm

http://www.zo.utexas.edu/faculty/antisense/tree.pdf

This link is a picture of the tree of life and proves why evolution kicks the living shit out of your fairytales and is much, much cooler.
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby Aradhus on Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:52 pm

Yeah, evolution is cool. BUT is it as cool as God turning the enemies of his people into cannibals??

"I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they will eat one another's flesh in the siege and in the distress with which their enemies and those who seek their life will distress them."'
Major Aradhus

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:01 pm

Took me a minute to realize the 'fuzz' on the outer edge are actually words! Interesting.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby strike wolf on Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:41 pm

I more or less believe in evolution, but it has a lot of flaws.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby happysadfun on Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:51 pm

If ignorance is bliss, then HeavyCola, you must be one happy atheist.
ImageChildren, this is what happens to hockey players, druggies, and Hillary Clinton.

Rope. Tree. Hillary. Some assembly required.
Cadet happysadfun

Location: Haundin at DotSco, Being Sad that Mark Green Lost in Suburban Wisconsin

Postby Stopper on Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:56 pm

That's really good that, especially after I read Andy Dufresne's comment and I understood it a bit better... But I think the following is somewhat optimistic:

subject: The last evolution thread
Lieutenant Stopper

Postby stinkycheese on Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:20 pm

happysadfun wrote:If ignorance is bliss, then HeavyCola, you must be one happy atheist.

Why be so ambiguous and not explain how he is ignorant?
Captain stinkycheese

Postby heavycola on Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:52 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Took me a minute to realize the 'fuzz' on the outer edge are actually words! Interesting.

--Andy

yeah man! And what's also cool is that on the circle our nearest neighbour is the brown rat, which i guess gives some kind of scale as to how many species there really are (based on how many they left out). It boggles the mind.

happysadfun - i'ma very happy atheist. Not sure what that has to do with this thread though.
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby Skittlesandmnms on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:02 pm

stinkycheese wrote:
happysadfun wrote:If ignorance is bliss, then HeavyCola, you must be one happy atheist.

I'd like to know as well
Vita sine honore vivere not est.
Corporal 1st Class Skittlesandmnms

Postby Stopper on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:32 pm

Yeah, and why do you have to be an atheist to accept evolution?
Lieutenant Stopper

Postby Skittlesandmnms on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:37 pm

Stopper wrote:Yeah, and why do you have to be an atheist to accept evolution?

Have you read the bible? I don't care what religion you are, I'm Jewish and I've read it?

Postby Stopper on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:53 pm

Skittlesandmnms wrote:Have you read the bible? I don't care what religion you are, I'm Jewish and I've read it?

I can't say I've read the whole thing through, because it waffles on a bit - although I liked the sex bits, though the bit where the daughters have sex with their dad, Lot, went a bit far - but anyway, I suspect that even as a Jew you'd be aware that even the Catholic Church these days accepts the idea of evolution, sooooo.... what's your point?
Lieutenant Stopper

Postby Skittlesandmnms on Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:45 pm

Stopper wrote:
Skittlesandmnms wrote:Have you read the bible? I don't care what religion you are, I'm Jewish and I've read it?

I can't say I've read the whole thing through, because it waffles on a bit - although I liked the sex bits, though the bit where the daughters have sex with their dad, Lot, went a bit far - but anyway, I suspect that even as a Jew you'd be aware that even the Catholic Church these days accepts the idea of evolution, sooooo.... what's your point?

In the bible, it says god created everything. In 6 days. And on day 7 he took a nap.

Evolution is takes millions of years and has nothing to do with an omnipotent and all powerful being.

Postby Machiavelli on Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:49 pm

There is a middle ground.

You dont have to disagree with evolution to believe in God
Sergeant Machiavelli

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:56 pm

Stopper wrote:

Indeed, the Church does accept evolution (though I'm not sure to what degree- my stance is that it quite clearly happened with other organisms, whether humans were a part of it or not depends on the existence/nonexistence of the "missing link"). Which is one of the many reasons i wholeheartedly agree with the following statement:

stinkycheese wrote:

I'm getting really sick of both sides posting these pointless, quippy posts which do nothing but insult the other side and bring them farther APART, which i hope is not either side's intention.
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
Corporal 1st Class OnlyAmbrose

Postby stinkycheese on Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:38 am

OnlyAmbrose wrote:
stinkycheese wrote:

I'm getting really sick of both sides posting these pointless, quippy posts which do nothing but insult the other side and bring them farther APART, which i hope is not either side's intention.

Insult? What are you talking about? I was just asking him to elaborate because it seemed as if he didn't have any basis for calling heavycola ignorant.
Captain stinkycheese

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:48 am

stinkycheese wrote:
OnlyAmbrose wrote:
stinkycheese wrote:

Insult? What are you talking about? I was just asking him to elaborate because it seemed as if he didn't have any basis for calling heavycola ignorant.

I was referring to happysadfun's post, not yours, sorry for the mix-up ;)

Read the WHOLE post I made said comment in and maybe it will be more clear :D
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
Corporal 1st Class OnlyAmbrose

Postby stinkycheese on Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:37 am

OnlyAmbrose wrote:
I was referring to happysadfun's post, not yours, sorry for the mix-up ;)

Read the WHOLE post I made said comment in and maybe it will be more clear :D

I thought that may have been a possibility...just wondering why you quoted me then. Mistake I suppose.
Captain stinkycheese

Postby Mirak on Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:25 am

OnlyAmbrose wrote: Which is one of the many reasons i wholeheartedly agree with the following statement:

stinkycheese wrote:

Ambrose

You're sick of quippy insulting posts and yet whole heartedly agree with happysadfun's "quippy" and "insulting" post!

It would seem that the hypocrisy gene is very deeply embedded in the theist DNA :roll:
Captain Mirak

Mirak!

Postby salvadevinemasse on Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:33 pm

Mirak wrote:
OnlyAmbrose wrote: Which is one of the many reasons i wholeheartedly agree with the following statement:

stinkycheese wrote:

Ambrose

You're sick of quippy insulting posts and yet whole heartedly agree with happysadfun's "quippy" and "insulting" post!

It would seem that the hypocrisy gene is very deeply embedded in the theist DNA :roll:

LMFAO! Great comeback there mirak!
"angel by heart....mistress dressed sexy by night....and by day..just a cool person i guess" By BlueReaper

cawck mongler wrote:Your only option is to quit and become an anti-American Nazi that plays risk.

~*Salva*~
Cadet salvadevinemasse

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,