Conquer Club

[09-Jun-2008] Ratings & Medals

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [09-Jun-2008] Ratings & Medals

Postby muchalls on Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:37 am

I've just found the new system not that great. I've just received a very poor rating from a player who obviously was a sore loser with no way of challenging it (apart from users reading the game logs). We had good chat throughout, and took our turns in very quick time yet I still got 1s.

I think his 2 losses contributed to it.
Major muchalls

Postby azezzo on Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:36 pm

azezzo wrote:I feel that some players are behaving worse now that there is no written feedback to worry about.
Lack has stated that there was alot of unjustified neg. feedbacks left and that the mods had to deal with it.

I am sorry i dont feel sorry for someone doing there job.

I wouldnt want to clean the porta johns but someone has to do it, and if they take the job then they should do the job the best they can without complaining about it.

what about all the truely justifiable negative feedbacks that were left, verified by the game logs and game chat? Besides acting as a written warning to others it was also a form of therapy, a release of sorts for having to deal with these morons.

Conquer Club gets 1 star for its handling of this fiasco.
Captain azezzo

Postby t-o-m on Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:20 pm

the ratings abuse ticks me off a bit,

i got a 1* rating for attendance in a game where i took my turns about 30 seconds after him, on a non rt game, and a non speed game!

i think it was because i said that he was a multi, which he quite clearly was, go check my ratings and see it :|
Major t-o-m

Postby suggs on Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:59 am

So, written feedback.
depressing how little impact the desires of the paying cusomers have on this site. Maybe they should get rid of premium, and then it would be fair enough for Lack and his mates just to do what they want.
Currently, the system is incongruous.
Sergeant 1st Class suggs

Postby vikprez on Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:45 am

Question about Cross Map Medal...Can the unique defeats be standard, doubles, assassin...any combination to achieve 5 per map?
Sergeant vikprez

Postby cre8tiff on Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:54 pm

A month gone by and it still sux. Thanks for listening.
===============================================================
Join the Only Give Fives Group (OGFG) It's the next hottest thing! \:D/
Lieutenant cre8tiff

Postby celeryuk on Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:08 pm

is it me or are these ratings just getting samey?

Everyone seems to be a 4.6 or a 4.7. so what? We're all the same now, kinda makes it a bit pointless i think.

just my thoughts :)
Corporal celeryuk

Postby DukeToshiro on Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:41 pm

celeryuk wrote:is it me or are these ratings just getting samey?

Everyone seems to be a 4.6 or a 4.7. so what? We're all the same now, kinda makes it a bit pointless i think.

just my thoughts :)

It's not just you. Poor sports, deadbeaters, cheaters, etc. will all have about a 4.5-4.8 rating.
Captain DukeToshiro

Postby Raggy on Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:03 pm

yeah I'm sick of this stupid rating thing, and it's the straw that broke the camels back for me: I shall not renew my paying membership when it expires later this month. Another factor that I find severely flawed is the points system, just which army in the world can have someone be a corporal today and a captain tomorrow and back to private the next day...I see so many members swinging up and down in ranks it is just plain dowright stupid...either the players (me included!) are stupid or the system is stupid...folks are just playing for the sake of passing time , with no real "career prospects"...so you'll see all sorts of stupid behaviour because it doesn't matter,does it, you can lose today, in fact the more you lose the more you will win when you win later, so you can go down to a cook and be an officer again quickly enough in a few days.

voting with my feet.
Lieutenant Raggy

Postby Optimus Prime on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:21 pm

Raggy wrote:yeah I'm sick of this stupid rating thing, and it's the straw that broke the camels back for me: I shall not renew my paying membership when it expires later this month. Another factor that I find severely flawed is the points system, just which army in the world can have someone be a corporal today and a captain tomorrow and back to private the next day...I see so many members swinging up and down in ranks it is just plain dowright stupid...either the players (me included!) are stupid or the system is stupid...folks are just playing for the sake of passing time , with no real "career prospects"...so you'll see all sorts of stupid behaviour because it doesn't matter,does it, you can lose today, in fact the more you lose the more you will win when you win later, so you can go down to a cook and be an officer again quickly enough in a few days.

voting with my feet.

Yeah, that scoring system really bugged you for the last 800 or so games didn't it? :roll:
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby hulmey on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:41 pm

Raggy wrote:yeah I'm sick of this stupid rating thing, and it's the straw that broke the camels back for me: I shall not renew my paying membership when it expires later this month. Another factor that I find severely flawed is the points system, just which army in the world can have someone be a corporal today and a captain tomorrow and back to private the next day...I see so many members swinging up and down in ranks it is just plain dowright stupid...either the players (me included!) are stupid or the system is stupid...folks are just playing for the sake of passing time , with no real "career prospects"...so you'll see all sorts of stupid behaviour because it doesn't matter,does it, you can lose today, in fact the more you lose the more you will win when you win later, so you can go down to a cook and be an officer again quickly enough in a few days.

voting with my feet.

the secret is to sustain your rank and not drop it down to cook. But i agree with everything else u said
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby KoE_Sirius on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:59 pm

Raggy wrote:yeah I'm sick of this stupid rating thing, and it's the straw that broke the camels back for me: I shall not renew my paying membership when it expires later this month.

Play me a few games before you go ok
Highest Rank 4th.
Major KoE_Sirius

Postby reelkmcn on Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:33 pm

voting with my feet.

I agree, that is why I did not renew my prem membership. the rating system needs an appeal mode or a counter rating.
Sergeant 1st Class reelkmcn

Postby t-o-m on Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:52 pm

Theres too much abuse on the ratings i think. I liked the feedback where i could congratulate them and point out where they did wrong. What do i think when i see a bunch of 1s on someone's rating page? I think some noob is crying because they got beat, but if i saw the reason why he left those ratings and justify it, i would think that is better.
Major t-o-m

Postby jangler3 on Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:18 pm

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=2789624

This game is an assassin game. I usaually don't leave rating for these games. Cuz they don't last long enough most of the time.
Like in this game, didn't get past the 3rd. The player, ineluku left me a 1 star rating. Yet he left himself open to his assassin. I never even attacked anybody. This guy has less than 10 games. And leaves me a bad rating. He has a 2.1 I had a 4.8 now a 4.7.

So my question is "Can I file an Eticket to get rid of this rating?" I PMed him and asked him to withdraw it. But what are the chances of that??
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.~ Thomas Jefferson
Corporal 1st Class jangler3

Postby KingConan on Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:46 pm

In jangler's defense.... I am the one who took out ineluku from the game and he left me all 5's in my ratings. Why would someone give good ratings to the one who eliminated them and bad ratings to everyone else? A rhetorical question, for sure, but I just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

I think there are too many people playing on this site that do not take the proper considerations when leaving ratings. Call it abuse, whatever. The bottom line is it makes it real hard to actually put stock in someones ratings.

Invariably the larger number of games you play, the worse your ratings will become if more and more people just get mad and decide to F*ck up your ratings. Or, even worse just give you bad ratings cause they are a prick and do not care.
Lieutenant KingConan

Postby hulmey on Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:24 pm

well just dont renew your premium and show 'em what YOU want =D> =D> =D>

Half my clan arent bothering to renew their premium coz of the BS here. I have heard a new risk site sponsored by "hasbro" will be opening soon =D> =D>
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby muy_thaiguy on Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:30 am

hulmey wrote:well just dont renew your premium and show 'em what YOU want =D> =D> =D>

Half my clan arent bothering to renew their premium coz of the BS here. I have heard a new risk site sponsored by "hasbro" will be opening soon =D> =D>

Enjoy that. Myself, I'm here for the game and never really bothered too much with ratings/feedback in the first place. And about the time my premium expires, I'll renew it, because I enjoy playing games here. Not to mention all the extra added bonuses (foundry, cheating and abuse, tourneys, etc).
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby cre8tiff on Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:33 am

hulmey wrote:well just dont renew your premium and show 'em what YOU want =D> =D> =D>

Yup, sadly enough, the true impact of this decision won't be fully realized for several months. Not that we haven't tried to tell them, only to have our messages fall on deaf ears.

I hope Lack has another board game he can digitize, a new risk site will kill this one.
Join the Only Give Fives Group (OGFG) It's the next hottest thing! \:D/
Lieutenant cre8tiff

Postby jaguars34 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:29 pm

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the current ratings don't round up. So if one person gives you a 4 in any category just once you can never have that 5.0 rating again. Is there any way around this, or will 4.9 eventually just be the best anyone can conceivably hold?
Corporal jaguars34

Postby Ffraid on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:48 am

jaguars34 wrote:I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the current ratings don't round up. So if one person gives you a 4 in any category just once you can never have that 5.0 rating again. Is there any way around this, or will 4.9 eventually just be the best anyone can conceivably hold?

Not true: View jiminski's ratings
Colonel Ffraid

Postby vikprez on Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:58 am

vikprez wrote:Question about Cross Map Medal...Can the unique defeats be standard, doubles, assassin...any combination to achieve 5 per map?

Wow Vikprez, that is a great question, I sure hope someone can answer that!

:D
Sergeant vikprez

Postby jiminski on Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:00 am

hehe just got 1's across the board from a player who was just busted for being a cheat and had his score reset!

i did not miss a single go and said little more other than 'good luck' and 'good game'... maybe i could have been a little more sociable.. but cheaters rather slow my wagging tongue ;)
Captain jiminski

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:08 am

vikprez wrote:
vikprez wrote:Question about Cross Map Medal...Can the unique defeats be standard, doubles, assassin...any combination to achieve 5 per map?

Wow Vikprez, that is a great question, I sure hope someone can answer that!

:D

The answer is yes, and you could have found it in the Q&A Forum I do believe. ;)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby jaguars34 on Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:20 am

Ffraid wrote:
jaguars34 wrote:I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the current ratings don't round up. So if one person gives you a 4 in any category just once you can never have that 5.0 rating again. Is there any way around this, or will 4.9 eventually just be the best anyone can conceivably hold?

Not true: View jiminski's ratings

I don't understand what you were directing me to. He had all 4.9s which is what i'm saying doesn't round to 5. I saw somewhere else since that it can round back up to 5.0, so my concern is unfounded/resoved, but not in those ratings
Corporal jaguars34

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives