Conquer Club

Arctic Map [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Drainbamaged on Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:54 pm

Having played a couple of games, I have to say it is a good map indeed.
Corporal Drainbamaged

Re: My opinion on Arctic map,

Postby Edward on Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:55 pm

dafranca wrote:
Edward wrote:This looks nice but instead of just taking a part of the world and using it to make a new map why not add a little theme. You can add a few images of cold war submaines. In the same way that world map 1.0 has a nuclear war theme, this one could have a Cold war theme since the only action that this part of the world did have was the cold war. Just a suggestion... Like a Soviet flag over the water on Russias side and an american flag on the Canada's side (or next to alaska). And cold war map sounds more exciting than Arctic map.

theme???? If you want to play theme, play monopoly... buy a house to me near Beverly Hills or you can get any theme you want on your computer layout. Leave this map as it is...
Russsia vs. EUA??? get real!!!!!
The world now is more for China vs. EUA.
The map is clean and playable!

Just wanted to point out how my idea was not crazy, they did something damn similar to what I suggested (duck and cover) of course I am not claiming I thought up the idea. But since everyone snubbed me when I suggested this, well there you go, THEMED maps all over the place!
Sergeant Edward

Re: Arctic Map [Quenched]

Postby super Mario 009 on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:22 pm

i think i found a mistake on a name in the map. the territory called elsemere island is actually called Ellesmere island. i know bad speler, you're a bad speller, but i think you can fix this right? even if its not that important.
Sergeant super Mario 009

Postby Bad Speler on Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:54 am

Thanks for noticing the spelling mistake, amazingly its been there unnoticed since the first version of this map more than 2 years ago! Anyways, here are versions with the spelling mistake fixed.

XML:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/04301b/n/Arctic_fix_xml

Small map:
Click image to enlarge.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4338/arcticsmallnm7.png

Large Map:
Click image to enlarge.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1964/arcticlargeuw9.png
Highest Score: 2532
Highest Position: 69 (a long time ago)
Sergeant 1st Class Bad Speler

Postby ender516 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:06 pm

Hey, I started at the Game Finder and started browsing maps and saw this one. Being Canadian, I thought I would take a look, and saw the spelling mistake. When I saw that there was a discussion topic for the map, I thought I would report it. Luckily, I jumped to the end and saw that it had already been reported. But it's been six months! Has it been corrected for gameplay, but not the browser? Or are we waiting for someone to fold Bad Speler's correction into the official version?
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Gilligan on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:11 pm

Maybe he just didn't send it to lack.
Captain Gilligan

Postby johncusac on Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:14 pm

Why do the bonuses say -3, -5, -6 and so on???
Major johncusac

Postby Lobster Crush on Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:37 pm

johncusac wrote:Why do the bonuses say -3, -5, -6 and so on???

Um, those would be dashes, not minus signs.
Sergeant 1st Class Lobster Crush

Postby sailorseal on Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:15 pm

ender516 wrote:Hey, I started at the Game Finder and started browsing maps and saw this one. Being Canadian, I thought I would take a look, and saw the spelling mistake. When I saw that there was a discussion topic for the map, I thought I would report it. Luckily, I jumped to the end and saw that it had already been reported. But it's been six months! Has it been corrected for gameplay, but not the browser? Or are we waiting for someone to fold Bad Speler's correction into the official version?

Think about it, mispellings, Bad Speler
Cook sailorseal

Postby Mr.Brix on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:53 pm

I didn't read through the entire thread, so I'm sorry if this has been mentioned. But... You have messed up Scandinavia, man; You have it consisting of Norway, Sweden and Finland. Scandinavia consists of Denmark, Norway and Sweden. As a Dane, I'm quite the sad lad to see my country excluded, and to have Finland take our place. I don't even understand their language. :lol:

Now I understand, that Denmark cartographically (is that a word) is better joined with germany (which is a four letter word in many danish homes) than the rest of Scandinavia (our home boys), but still, it stings a bit. :(

Don't take me seriousloy, but I'm right though!
Lieutenant Mr.Brix

Postby Mr.Brix on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:59 pm

And also: Calling Ukraine, Belarus and Poland western Europe is quite a strech. It doesn't get much more eastern Europe than those countries, m8.
Lieutenant Mr.Brix

Postby MrBenn on Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:39 am

Bad Speler wrote:Thanks for noticing the spelling mistake, amazingly its been there unnoticed since the first version of this map more than 2 years ago! Anyways, here are versions with the spelling mistake fixed.

XML:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/04301b/n/Arctic_fix_xml

Small map:
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4338/arcticsmallnm7.png

Large Map:
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1964/arcticlargeuw9.png

The link for the adjusted XML is no longer valid (surprise surprise), so I've updated it again myself...

http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/1/9/2 ... Arctic.xml
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby MrBenn on Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:48 pm

And lo, it came to pass...
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Previous

Return to The Atlas