Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - Zodiac Map

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Zodiac Map(v4.0 on First post)

Postby rsacheli on Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:10 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:i like the new version... but i don't see a bonus for each individual constellation

There isnt any... each constellation is part of 2 bonuses, to have each one have its own bonus would completely overpower anyone who owned the season or element group its in as well

whitestazn88 wrote:and black hole is -10???? how does someone who gets deployed on there do any damage?

the black hole will have 10 Neutral armies to start... no one will get deployed there...
Private rsacheli

Location: Im your neighbor... I have 100 armies with me... What are you going to do?

Postby bbqpenguin on Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:39 pm

i don't really get the bonuses here.... so you're saying that in order to get a bonus you have to hold, say either all fire signs or all winter signs? i think it'd be near impossible to do either of those things
Sergeant 1st Class bbqpenguin

Postby rsacheli on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:08 pm

all the seasonal signs are grouped next to each other...

the harder ones to hold would be the elemental signs, which are like in the chinese checkers map or 8 thoughts where you get a bonus if you hold the ones across from each other... but in this you have to hold 3 that are evenly spaced... it will be near impossible, but the seasons shouldnt be too bad...

I could add in bonuses for each constellation, marking the bonuses next to the names on the map... IDK, this idea needs more thought/input

UPDATE POSTED IN 1ST POST
I removed a few interconstellation signs and dimmed the brightness a bit, and reduces the lighter effect that i had place on the background to lighten it to help reduce contrast...
Private rsacheli

Location: Im your neighbor... I have 100 armies with me... What are you going to do?

Re: Zodiac Map(v4.3 on First post)

Postby wcaclimbing on Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:49 pm

I'd still prefer to have a few less attack lines between the stars, especially the lines that cross eachother.
Too many lines of attack and you will probably end up with stalemates where you can't hold any bonuses cause you have too many borders to defend.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby rsacheli on Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:05 pm

I will reduce the attack lines some more for my next update... I have also added the numbers for each territ name...

I recently lost my internet access at home, so there might be a little delay before my next update... i do still have internet access at work and school, but can not upload from work... I have been sick so I havent been in class for the last week, I hope to return to class sometime either this week or next...
Private rsacheli

Postby whitestazn88 on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:40 pm

the black hole is a waste.... there are too many attack routes to every bonus that you don't even need the black hole.
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby rsacheli on Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:59 pm

I need input as to if i should include a bonus for each individual constellation...
Private rsacheli

Postby MrBenn on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:50 pm

I'm unable to see your most recent image.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby bbqpenguin on Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:02 pm

rsacheli wrote:I need input as to if i should include a bonus for each individual constellation...

i think you should, rangin from 3 to about 8 ish...

Postby rsacheli on Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:03 pm

bbqpenguin wrote:
rsacheli wrote:I need input as to if i should include a bonus for each individual constellation...

i think you should, rangin from 3 to about 8 ish...

3-8???

that would make ares and libra the strongest sections to hold... idk about that... needs more input
Private rsacheli

Postby rsacheli on Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:05 pm

MrBenn wrote:I'm unable to see your most recent image.

idk why... it shows up for me... perhaps its something with your settings or your browser...
Private rsacheli

Postby Ethitts on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:23 am

So... is there a new update on this? I don't actually know. Each time you put an update on can you list what changes you have made? I can't tell the difference between V4.2 and V4.3. Also, post the new update as a new post in the thread (the image and the updates made). It just gives people who are keeping track of this map a better understanding of what's going on.
ImageImage
Major Ethitts

Postby rsacheli on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:11 am

rsacheli wrote:I will reduce the attack lines some more for my next update... I have also added the numbers for each territ name...

I recently lost my internet access at home, so there might be a little delay before my next update... i do still have internet access at work and school, but can not upload from work... I have been sick so I havent been in class for the last week, I hope to return to class sometime either this week or next...

as it says there will be a delay so there has not been a new update for some time.

I will post the newest updates in a new post when uploaded, as well as update the first post including a briefing of what was updated.
Private rsacheli

Postby rsacheli on Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:24 pm

---IMAGE NOT AVAILABLE---
Last edited by rsacheli on Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private rsacheli

Re: Zodiac Map(v4.4 on First post and page5)

Postby gimil on Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:48 pm

[adv. idea]

Basic info missing from the first post mate!
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby benny profane on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:27 am

Hey dude...I'm sorry but I can't remember everything we talked about in the chat.
But I do know that discussion of gameplay is paramount.
Some folks are in favor of bonuses for each constellation, and I agree. They shouldn't have to run too high.
This would open up more creative possibilities for gameplay.
What do other people think about this?
The lines of attack seem pretty fair to me as they are now.
I don't have any problems with them (although the connection b/t Pisces 9 - 11 is a different color than the others...?).
I'm not sure where I stand on the black hole thing. Some people think the sun would make more sense.
Would it make much difference if a -10 was on a black hole or a sun?
We did talk about the possibility of the elemental part of the legend being unclear to the colorblind.
But I think you said you'd run the image by Oaktown, right?
Looking forward to the update on monday...
Lieutenant benny profane

Postby yeti_c on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:23 am

Yeah - whilst I like the Elemental bonuses - and the Seasonal bonuses - it's going to be a long time before anyone can get any of those with the sheer number of territories to conquer...

I suggest having bonuses for the actual signs too.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby rsacheli on Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:01 pm

What I have done thus far...

I have typed up everything i need to add to the first post including a few alternate ideas that Could be implemented very easily. Included in this is a general idea for how the starting drop would go for any number of players... (i even have a new gameplay option idea within that and will post it in the appropriate area when i update)

I have assigned bonus values of 3-8 to each constellation (and as stated in the yet-to-be posted update possible change to the calculations of the group bonues)

I have also come up with an alternate to a -10 bonus for the black hole

I am still working on redoing the legend so that it all fits, is readable, etc... this is proving to be somewhat difficult and I am considering expanding some of the bonus text to the outer edge of the map.

I have changed the demensions of the map by increasing the width by 30px

I have removed a few more attack lines... ones that seemed to be pointless, (which includes the Pisces 9-11)

Update should be posted on monday evening (approx 80 hours from now)
Private rsacheli

Postby bbqpenguin on Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:44 pm

rsacheli wrote:What I have done thus far...

I have typed up everything i need to add to the first post including a few alternate ideas that Could be implemented very easily. Included in this is a general idea for how the starting drop would go for any number of players... (i even have a new gameplay option idea within that and will post it in the appropriate area when i update)

I have assigned bonus values of 3-8 to each constellation (and as stated in the yet-to-be posted update possible change to the calculations of the group bonues)

I have also come up with an alternate to a -10 bonus for the black hole

I am still working on redoing the legend so that it all fits, is readable, etc... this is proving to be somewhat difficult and I am considering expanding some of the bonus text to the outer edge of the map.

I have changed the demensions of the map by increasing the width by 30px

I have removed a few more attack lines... ones that seemed to be pointless, (which includes the Pisces 9-11)

Update should be posted on monday evening (approx 80 hours from now)

this is looking much better rs, a big improvement. i look forward to the update

Postby MrBenn on Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:34 am

One of the issues about using territories that are numbered, is when you have the same two numbers bordering a territory... Sagittarius 6 borders Sagittarius 5 and Scorpio 5... there may be some others too...
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Androidz on Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:38 am

Verry nice graphicskills you have rcaselli
Private Androidz

Postby TaCktiX on Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:36 pm

My main issue is the entire map is now universally too dark. The territories end up looking like they're blurrier than they really are, and the between-continent connections are harder to see. Any chance of lightening these two?

Also, I would suggest adding some sort of killer neutral to the black hole, as right now it's ridiculously powerful with connections to 13 territories and 6 continents. Making it killer neutral will make it a transport point instead of a place to stick massive stacks of armies to threaten the breaking of any bonus near it.

Also, the gradient on the title makes the wording on the Seasons harder to read. Instead of ending with straight white, perhaps a darker off-white?
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Postby rsacheli on Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:19 pm

MrBenn wrote:One of the issues about using territories that are numbered, is when you have the same two numbers bordering a territory... Sagittarius 6 borders Sagittarius 5 and Scorpio 5... there may be some others too...

Im just curious if you could further explain why this is an issue that they border each other? if its the confusion factor, then thats too easy of a change... if its just people are too lazy to pay attention to what they are selecting (they see and s and a 5 and assume) then thats a little harder to fix :twisted: especially since i dont have anyones addresses... :twisted:
Private rsacheli

Postby yeti_c on Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:22 pm

rsacheli wrote:
MrBenn wrote:One of the issues about using territories that are numbered, is when you have the same two numbers bordering a territory... Sagittarius 6 borders Sagittarius 5 and Scorpio 5... there may be some others too...

Im just curious if you could further explain why this is an issue that they border each other? if its the confusion factor, then thats too easy of a change... if its just people are too lazy to pay attention to what they are selecting (they see and s and a 5 and assume) then thats a little harder to fix :twisted: especially since i dont have anyones addresses... :twisted:

Try playing Feudal war - that map has several territories that do this - and it causes misdeploys & attacks...

It is a legitimate concern - and a simple renumbering of the territories can fix it.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby rsacheli on Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:03 pm

yeti_c wrote:
rsacheli wrote:

Try playing Feudal war - that map has several territories that do this - and it causes misdeploys & attacks...

It is a legitimate concern - and a simple renumbering of the territories can fix it.

C.

understood, will renumber a few before i post my update in a bit...
Private rsacheli

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box