Conquer Club

NEW RANKS Sugestions. [Poll Added]

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Do you agree with the concept of 3 different Military Paths, each with its own rank?

Yes, although I think the old path should still be an option (4-Path)
11%
Yes, I agree fully with qwert's proposed 3-Path System
19%
Yes, I want new ranks, but not the 3-Path System
9%
Yes, I like the new ranks but not the graphics
10%
No, the ranks are fine as they are
51%

Total votes : 271

Re: NEW RANKS Sugestions.

Postby firth4eva on Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:50 am

Don't have a rank for people with 1 point. That will make people want to get it.
Captain firth4eva

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:30 am

firth4eva wrote:Don't have a rank for people with 1 point. That will make people want to get it.

That should be at 400, maybe 500.
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Postby FabledIntegral on Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:28 pm

ParadiceCity9 wrote:
firth4eva wrote:Don't have a rank for people with 1 point. That will make people want to get it.

Why? What possible reason can you fathom to do it? Rank 600 cook vs rank 400 cook, I sincerely doubt one is ANY better than the other.
Major FabledIntegral

Postby jnd94 on Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:34 pm

FabledIntegral wrote:
ParadiceCity9 wrote:

Why? What possible reason can you fathom to do it? Rank 600 cook vs rank 400 cook, I sincerely doubt one is ANY better than the other.

Tons of people lose on purpose and try and get as low as they can. Then when they beat people they get 100 from everyone.
Captain jnd94

Postby t-o-m on Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:37 pm

Night Strike wrote:I like all these new ranks, except for the really low ones. Having really low ranks could encourage intentional deadbeating and throwing of games to achieve the distinction as being the "Only Conscientious Objector".

Maybe they have to have completed X amount of games or won X amount of games? or been on the site X amount of time?
Major t-o-m

Postby MrBenn on Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:26 pm

The original list had more ranks at the higher end of the scale, but has evolved as a result of 'player-volume-per-score' to instead increase the number of ranks at the 'low' end of the scale, as well as adding a couple of higher ranks.

There may not be a lot of difference between a Sgt and a Sgt 1st Class, but the different ranks give something for the average player to aspire to - try considering them as individual goals rather than absolute indicators of ability. There may not be any apparent difference between the ability of a 250pt cook and a 750 pt cook, but one has a score three times higher than the other. It is this disparity that the suggestion is trying to balance.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Qwert on Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:07 am

scoott0 land
Not gonna say a word about your perversions H2.

Ohh btw- Qwert, if you're suggesting an overhaul why not get rid of the crown looking hat? Maybe have an actual Colonel insignia albeit you'd have to change the Brigadier one too.

These what you see its Mrbenn sugestion not mine i change all ranks,and create all new(well except cook,and new player)
these is mine rank sugestion

Last edited by Qwert on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby lozzini on Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:11 pm

i prefer mr benns, the graphics look better, more clear
Top Rank: Captain
Top Score: 1835
Top Pos: 1707
Nothing ventured... nothing gained
Sergeant 1st Class lozzini

Postby Kemmler on Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:06 pm

@ Mr Benn

They look amazing, the only problem is the lieuteant/captain icons - because you're using old ones it would feel like I have lower points, since I'm sued to them being 1600/1800 points, being 2800/3000 points would be confusing,
Cook Kemmler

Postby imcooler on Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:09 pm

i do not like the idea, i honestly do not see the problem in having a lot of high ranks. The site is growing, therefore the amounts of people in ALL ranks is going to grow. As the saying goes "if it aint boke, dont fix it"
Sergeant 1st Class imcooler

Postby MeDeFe on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:14 pm

I've said it before, your rank is to the left of your name in the scoreboard. Directly to the right of your name is your score, all else can safely be ignored.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby imcooler on Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:13 pm

MrBenn wrote:
lancehoch wrote:If the change is implemented, what are the completed game requirements for each rank? Like how now you need 100 games to be a colonel. Any comments?

I'm not too sure about the number of games for the highest ranks... the only person at the top of the scorebpoard who might be adversely affected would by Thai Robert, who is currently a freemium Brigadier with 159 completed games...

i like this one the best by far
Sergeant 1st Class imcooler

Postby THE ARMY on Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:37 pm

I don't like the idea of more ranks. It isn't very easy to get high ranks. See the reason you made this post was to make it more fun to reach the top of the scoreboard. That is why i created my other post which seperates the scoreboard. It keeps the same ranks, which keeps the fun for EVERYONE including lower ranks, but also brings you closer to the top. What we really need here is a seperation in scoreboard
Major THE ARMY

Postby MrBenn on Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:04 am

THE ARMY wrote:I don't like the idea of more ranks. It isn't very easy to get high ranks.See the reason you made this post was to make it more fun to reach the top of the scoreboard.

My intention had nothing to do with getting to the top of the scoreboard... Just about helping give people individual targets to aspire to that may be more tangible... as well as helping to differentiate between the 80% of players who are ranked below Sgt.

I'm still in support of introducing new ranks, although the idea lost momentum after the medals were introduced.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby THE ARMY on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:44 am

i like this idea
imcooler wrote:
MrBenn wrote:
lancehoch wrote:If the change is implemented, what are the completed game requirements for each rank? Like how now you need 100 games to be a colonel. Any comments?

I'm not too sure about the number of games for the highest ranks... the only person at the top of the scorebpoard who might be adversely affected would by Thai Robert, who is currently a freemium Brigadier with 159 completed games...

i like this one the best by far
Major THE ARMY

Postby Herakilla on Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:24 pm

i like them a lot
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby milner94 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:41 pm

Just a thought:

Why not simply, instead of starting on 1000, start on 0. You lose and win points in the same way as before. However, ranks are determined by percentages. The bottom 10% are Cooks, the next 5% are Privates, or whatever. This would COMPLETELY ELIMINATE inflation, although it does mean you have to carry on winning games to stay at the top.
Cook milner94

Postby e_i_pi on Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:00 pm

If everyone started at zero, how would anyone gain points?
Captain e_i_pi

Postby lozzini on Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:24 pm

milner94 wrote:Just a thought:

Why not simply, instead of starting on 1000, start on 0. You lose and win points in the same way as before. However, ranks are determined by percentages. The bottom 10% are Cooks, the next 5% are Privates, or whatever. This would COMPLETELY ELIMINATE inflation, although it does mean you have to carry on winning games to stay at the top.

yu could still do a % based scoring system, even if we dont start on 0

Postby ManBungalow on Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:37 pm

lozzini wrote:

A rank determined by % wouldn't work...
My win percentage is fairly high, only because I play a lot of 2 or 3 player games.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby OliverFA on Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:00 pm

ManBungalow wrote:
lozzini wrote:

My win percentage is fairly high, only because I play a lot of 2 or 3 player games.

It is not related to your winning percentage. What lozzini suggests is to give ranks based on percentage insteas of points. For example:

Top 1% players in the scoreboard are field marshall
Players between the 1% and 10% of the scoreboard are general
Players between 11% and 20% are coronel.
etc...

And I think it is a very good suggestion! This could be combined with MrBenn ranks. Just instead of base them in score threshold, base them in % of the scoreboard.
Private OliverFA

Postby ManBungalow on Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm

OliverFA wrote:
ManBungalow wrote:
lozzini wrote:

It is not related to your winning percentage. What lozzini suggests is to give ranks based on percentage insteas of points. For example:

etc...

And I think it is a very good suggestion! This could be combined with MrBenn ranks. Just instead of base them in score threshold, base them in % of the scoreboard.

Ah, I see.
I didn't read it properly: but I'm so tired!!
This idea would work nicely...
I don't see anything wrong with it at least...
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby Qwert on Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:54 pm

i think that need to change ranks,and mrbeen will be good. Far before when i start these topic,people say" its will be dificulty for people to cross 5000 point,no need for change" but now people cross these line,and now we have very large number of Fieldmarshals,Generals,Colonels,and every day these numbers become bigger.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby lozzini on Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:36 pm

ManBungalow wrote:
OliverFA wrote:
ManBungalow wrote:
lozzini wrote:

etc...

Ah, I see.
I didn't read it properly: but I'm so tired!!
This idea would work nicely...
I don't see anything wrong with it at least...

yes this is what i meant, and now i hav thought about it more i think this would be a great way to bring these new ranks in, and it would mean yu could actually see if yu are improving or not, or whether yu hav just gained some points with the inflation

Postby OliverFA on Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:13 pm

lozzini wrote:yes this is what i meant, and now i hav thought about it more i think this would be a great way to bring these new ranks in, and it would mean yu could actually see if yu are improving or not, or whether yu hav just gained some points with the inflation

Right! It would not avoid score inflation, but would make ranks inmune to it.

I think it also would have the benefit to encourage players with less than 1000 points to continue playing, as is the scoreboard position and not the score what determines their rank.
Private OliverFA

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions