Conquer Club

Adjacent Attacks

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

What do you think about Adjacent Attacks?

I would support this being an option
65%
I would oppose this being an option
26%
I don't care/I don't know yet
10%

Total votes : 454

Re: Adjacent Attacks

Postby cicero on Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:48 am

n00blet

I think if this one falls of page one again you're gonna have to let it keep falling ...
If people are expressing their opinion by saying nothing then so be it. [They also seem to have expressed themselves fairly well in the poll.]

No more empty bumps please.

Cicero
FREE M-E-Mbership and simple rules. Conquer Club - it's not complicated.

random me statistic @ 13 December 2008 - 1336 posts : 232nd most public posts (not counting Tower of Babble) of all time.
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Postby n00blet on Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:00 am

The poll, in the way I see it, shows a fairly even distribution of opinions, with those who are OK with it slightly outweighing those who aren't 19 to 17.
So it's not an empty bump, as long as there are people who still like the idea. But, if this does fall off again, I will leave it, sadly.
Captain n00blet

Postby redsox23 on Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:48 pm

Ehhh. i dont like adjacent attacks that much...
Michael Scott wrote:Meredith, you've slept with so many guys you are starting to look like one...boom roasted

Michael Scott wrote:I need two men on this...that's what she said...no time but she did...No Time!!!

Highest: 9520
Corporal redsox23

Location: Usually Hawaii or in any body of water snorkeling! :D

Postby OliverFA on Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:41 pm

n00blet wrote: update on suggestion: The suggestion is now simply this: Newly conquered countries cannot attack for the duration of the turn they are conquered on.

This is a very good suggestion!

I agree that it would avoid situations in which a player wins due to having a strike of good luck in just one turn. So this is an option for strategy lovers.

Plus, we already have a fortification option that fits with this style, the adjacent fortifications. Right now, this fortification option makes no sense, because we have unlimited army movement. But with this suggestion, that fortification option would be used a lot more.
Private OliverFA

Postby OliverFA on Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:04 pm

n00blet wrote:The poll, in the way I see it, shows a fairly even distribution of opinions, with those who are OK with it slightly outweighing those who aren't 19 to 17.
So it's not an empty bump, as long as there are people who still like the idea. But, if this does fall off again, I will leave it, sadly.

I agree. This idea is in fact well received. 46% of people who cared to vote likes it, and 42% don't like it. Almost half of the pople cares about it. Looks like enough support.

And I say again, this idea fits perfectly with the adjacent reinforcements option, that right now doesn't fit with the rest of current options.
Private OliverFA

Postby OliverFA on Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:09 pm

lancehoch wrote:Why not get a few people together who like the idea and make a game with the stipulation that you are playing by this rule. Tell us how it goes.

Was this game ever made? If not, I would like to volunteer for the experiment.
Private OliverFA

Postby Androidz on Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:06 pm

Sounds like this (but fixed flaws)

Concise description:
  • Let all our terretories start as 1. not 3.
  • Since we get 2 menn from each terretorie removed, we can deploy them wherever we want.
  • Make the first round to be Deploy only phase. When all has deployed then the battle begin.
  • With or Without Adjent Attacks. A terretorie can attack all conteries it border. But not attacked from the advanced terretorie. In other words, if you attack a terretorie and do not forward the menn there you can still attack a new terretorie from the old one but not the new.

Specifics:
  • Lets say you start with 3 terretories on the first round then they start with 1 army each. That gives you 6 armies to deploy anywhere you want. Now this is the first round and you cant attack after you deployed you need to wait for the other players to finish their deploy turn.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • More Fun, More Options, More Me!
  • Gameplay, we need gameplays!

EDIT: after thinkning about it, adjcent attacks should be a option and not togheter with this cause it will be fun with and without adjentattacks. Sorry for posting.
Private Androidz

Postby Blinkadyblink on Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:48 pm

For what it's worth, I like the adjacent attacks idea too.
Major Blinkadyblink

Postby n00blet on Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:24 pm

Man.........I'd given up on getting support for this in June!
But hey, I appreciate the support :) ...maybe people will pay more attention to it now.
Captain n00blet

Postby Androidz on Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:32 pm

n00blet wrote:Man.........I'd given up on getting support for this in June!
But hey, I appreciate the support :) ...maybe people will pay more attention to it now.

I know you say just 1 attack per contry. but i think it will be a slow game. so let the samme contry attack all its borders..
Private Androidz

Postby n00blet on Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:49 pm

Androidz wrote:

I know you say just 1 attack per contry. but i think it will be a slow game. so let the samme contry attack all its borders..

What you are referring to is the original suggestion. If you read down on the first post of this topic, you would see that that concern of yours has been dealt with, as the suggestion is simply:

n00blet wrote: Newly conquered countries cannot attack for the duration of the turn they are conquered on.

So, all countries would be able to attack all bordering countries in the same turn. However, countries that were only gained in that turn would not be able to attack anything until the next turn.
Example:
Country A only borders Country B and Country C
Country B only borders Country D and Country E
Country C only borders Country F and Country G

Player 1 owns Countries A and B. They start their turn, and deploy on those two countries.
Player 1 then attacks and conquers Country C from Country A, and advances all of his armies. However, Country C cannot attack Countries F and G until the next turn.
Player 1 then attacks and conquers Country D from Country B. Player 1 decides to advance only half of his armies (which are now inactive for the rest of the turn)
Player 1 then attacks and conquers Country E from Country B, and then advances all remaining armies (which are also inactive for the rest of the turn)

I hope that example makes the parameters of my suggestion clear, if they were not already.
Captain n00blet

Postby Androidz on Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:21 pm

n00blet wrote:
Androidz wrote:

What you are referring to is the original suggestion. If you read down on the first post of this topic, you would see that that concern of yours has been dealt with, as the suggestion is simply:

n00blet wrote: Newly conquered countries cannot attack for the duration of the turn they are conquered on.

So, all countries would be able to attack all bordering countries in the same turn. However, countries that were only gained in that turn would not be able to attack anything until the next turn.
Example:
Country A only borders Country B and Country C
Country B only borders Country D and Country E
Country C only borders Country F and Country G

Player 1 owns Countries A and B. They start their turn, and deploy on those two countries.
Player 1 then attacks and conquers Country C from Country A, and advances all of his armies. However, Country C cannot attack Countries F and G until the next turn.
Player 1 then attacks and conquers Country D from Country B. Player 1 decides to advance only half of his armies (which are now inactive for the rest of the turn)
Player 1 then attacks and conquers Country E from Country B, and then advances all remaining armies (which are also inactive for the rest of the turn)

I hope that example makes the parameters of my suggestion clear, if they were not already.

No not really, as that wasne't what i meant. I mean if lets say A conquer C and don't move all his army only 1. Then A should still be able to attack B
Private Androidz

Postby OliverFA on Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:00 pm

Androidz wrote:No not really, as that wasne't what i meant. I mean if lets say A conquer C and don't move all his army only 1. Then A should still be able to attack B

And that is how the suggestion works. The player can attack from any country that he owned at the begining of turn, but not from countries he just conquered during the turn.
Private OliverFA

Postby Androidz on Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:07 pm

OliverFA wrote:
Androidz wrote:No not really, as that wasne't what i meant. I mean if lets say A conquer C and don't move all his army only 1. Then A should still be able to attack B

And that is how the suggestion works. The player can attack from any country that he owned at the begining of turn, but not from countries he just conquered during the turn.

thats good it did not sound like it worked like this.
Private Androidz

Postby n00blet on Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:11 pm

Androidz wrote:
OliverFA wrote:

Well, that's what I tried to explain, but somehow it got lost in my example :P
So.....what is your opinion now? Vote positive? Perhaps other people want to voice in on it?
Captain n00blet

Postby Androidz on Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:12 pm

n00blet wrote:
Androidz wrote:
OliverFA wrote:

So.....what is your opinion now? Vote positive? Perhaps other people want to voice in on it?

Ive always been postive;)
Private Androidz

Postby OliverFA on Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:04 pm

n00blet wrote:
Androidz wrote:
OliverFA wrote:

Nooblet, I think that Androidz has a point.

Maybe you should change the first post. Your "updated on suggestion" would become the suggestion itself, and would be the second paragraph (now is the third). And the specifics could move down to the end of the post. If you do in that way, new readers will get the idea soon and not get confused by all the explanation. However, if thery get interested, they can continue reading the post until the end, and they will read also your specifics.

PS: No you don't explain yourself badly, but the simpler and easier you make an explanation (without losing information of course) the better ;-)
Private OliverFA

Postby n00blet on Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:05 pm

OliverFA wrote:
Maybe you should change the first post. Your "updated on suggestion" would become the suggestion itself, and would be the second paragraph (now is the third). And the specifics could move down to the end of the post. If you do in that way, new readers will get the idea soon and not get confused by all the explanation. However, if thery get interested, they can continue reading the post until the end, and they will read also your specifics.

Duly noted. Annnnnnd....edited.
Captain n00blet

Postby n00blet on Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:26 pm

So, just to gauge interest here, if I were to make a 6 (or so) player game on the classic map, with the stipulation that all players who joined would play following the rules of this suggestion (so as to test it out, see if there are any problems that haven't been spotted and addressed yet), who would want to join?

If you're interested, please reply saying so.
Captain n00blet

Postby OliverFA on Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:10 pm

I am looking forward to be a tester in that kind of game.

Only 4 more to go!!!
Private OliverFA

Postby sully800 on Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:35 pm

I love this idea and I would be willing to play in a tester game.

All hail the new gameplay ideas! This is the third one I fell in love with tonight :) It's about time we spice up Conquer Club.
Major sully800

Postby OliverFA on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:06 am

only 3 to go!
Private OliverFA

Postby Ditocoaf on Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:56 am

Wait, this suggestion is back? Finally! Hell yes, I'm in!

>----------✪ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! ✪----------<

Note to self: THINK LESS LIVE MORE
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Postby OliverFA on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:42 am

Only 2 more testers needed!!!
Private OliverFA

Postby nemrehs1 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:19 pm

I think it is a good idea... i always like to try something new!
09:42:14 * jakewilliams quit (kicked from Trivia Contest by jakewilliams - reason: So long, and thanks for all the fish)
Lieutenant nemrehs1

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions