Conquer Club

Ready Games Turn Counter

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Ready Games Turn Counter

Postby nogreasyhippies on Mon May 15, 2006 8:47 am

This is just a very minor suggestion, but what about having an alert nest to the "My Games" button to tell you when you can take a move in any of your games? like the alert when you get a pm?
Private 1st Class nogreasyhippies

Postby HighBorn on Mon May 15, 2006 8:52 am

JK- I edited out a link to a similar but not matching suggestion that I always click on when viewing this thread, thinking the link should be merged.
Private 1st Class HighBorn

# Of Games 'Awaiting Play' in My Games Tab *Pending*

Postby fordhamflash on Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:10 pm

This is a minor suggestion, but I think it would be cool if the number of games in which your turn was pending would appear after the My Games entry on the menu (much like the number of new inbox messages appears).

So, if it your turn in 3 games, it would look something like this.

My Games (3)

Just an idea...
Cook fordhamflash

Postby sully800 on Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:29 pm

A program exists that does something similar, but in an even more helpful fashion because you don't have to log into the site or refresh. It automatically checks for you.

Search for kevin's notifier.
Major sully800

my games icon

Postby viking thunder on Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:23 pm

How about an icon or number or something next to the my games on the left side of the screen when we have games to play. kinda like the one that says you have new pm's. that way when you are surfing the forums or writing something, every time the page refreshes or changes if it is your turn in a game you will get a little reminder. this will keep you from having to click my games constantly and then go back to the forum.

shouldnt be too hard to emulate considering the code for the inbox in already there and just needs to be copied and readdressed.

just a thought.

viking thunder
Sergeant 1st Class viking thunder

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:29 pm

It has been suggested, # Of Games 'Awaiting Play' In My Games Tab and is 'Pending'.

Please search before posting, it'll make you look smarter and trim that waist line down.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Ability to know how many turns you have to take.

Postby Gilligan on Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:21 pm

At the top of the My Games page, there should be a number indicating how many turns you must take. I think it will be easier if that is there.
Captain Gilligan

Postby gavin_sidhu on Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:20 pm

Like the idea. You could just check the notifier though.
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:56 pm

This has been suggested, and is currently 'Pending'. Come on Gilligan, you should know by now to check the To-Do list.

--Andy

Postby kc-jake on Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:29 am

AndyDufresne wrote:This has been suggested, and is currently 'Pending'. Come on Gilligan, you should know by now to check the To-Do list.

--Andy

He's played 318 games, give the guy a break. Anyone who hasn't played more than 500 games cannot be held responsible.
I was a major back when 1600 was major. Now that I'm back, I get to easily win a bunch of games to get my rank. Thank the 'tards here who suck at this game.
imhot4jesus wrote:Literacy never hurt anybody.

Highest Rank: #154 (Oct 05 '06)
Highest Score: 1725 (Jul 18 '08)
Sergeant 1st Class kc-jake

Re: Ability to know how many turns you have to take.

Postby misscrystal on Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:00 am

Gilligan wrote:At the top of the My Games page, there should be a number indicating how many turns you must take. I think it will be easier if that is there.

Just get the CC notifier, then you don't even have to log in to see how many turns you need to take.
Corporal misscrystal

Postby Gilligan on Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:32 am

AndyDufresne wrote:This has been suggested, and is currently 'Pending'. Come on Gilligan, you should know by now to check the To-Do list.

--Andy

I rarely go to the forum.
Captain Gilligan

Postby gavin_sidhu on Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:32 am

sully800 wrote:A program exists that does something similar, but in an even more helpful fashion because you don't have to log into the site or refresh. It automatically checks for you.

Search for kevin's notifier.
Even better, the firefox extension, don't even have to open a program.
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:38 am

i could not get kevins notifier to work.
can you?
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby gavin_sidhu on Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:58 am

SirSebstar wrote:i could not get kevins notifier to work.
can you?
Mine works, i haven't used it for ages (since firefox notifier came out), but i checked just then and it works.
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby WhereDiddyGogh on Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:45 pm

What's the extension called for FireFox?
Diddy...out :)
Cook WhereDiddyGogh

What/Where's Firefox?

Postby Bolton on Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:35 am

[/quote]Even better, the firefox extension, don't even have to open a program.[/quote]

What's this FireFox? Where do I get it? Does it cost anything? Does it work on Windows XP? I searched Google but didn't find it. I'm a little lost on how it would work.
Lieutenant Bolton

Postby Pedronicus on Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:56 am

I'm sorry - but after paying some money to this site - I would like these features as part of the site, not going off and using someone elses programme.

the number of games you're in should be very easy to add to the CC site.
it's the same with greasemonkey.

I'm thankful to troy for sharing with us all what he made - but all these extra add ons you have to go and find and get to work - If they're that good that we are all using them - then they're that good that they should be part of the site.
I would like to be able to know that everyone playing this game had access to the number of cards held etc. - instead of gambling that they're new and not counting cards etc.
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby Bogusbet on Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:06 am

I manually count cards as machines I sometimes log in with cannot run the add ons, so agree with Pedro that they would make a great addition.

Please bring it on.
Lieutenant Bogusbet

Noise

Postby Bolton on Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:13 am

I'd like me computer to make some noise when I'm up in a game. Perhaps just send an email when my turn's ready, then I can setup my email to make a noise.

I figured out FireFox which is nice, but I can't get it to make a noise when I have a game ready.

I agree with above. I'd rather not load other programs and extensions. Not only do I have to look for them and learn about them; but there's always a chance they'll cause problems: conflict with other programs, viruses, security issues, performance (speed/memory/hard disk space) issues...
Lieutenant Bolton

Postby Bolton on Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:17 am

From what I can get to work.... Firefox only checks every 5 minutes and doesn't have something I can click to refresh in between.
Lieutenant Bolton

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:37 pm

If lack could implement everything he wanted in a day, surely he would. But since he's got to pick and choose what to spend time on first, not all suggestions will be as quick to get onto the site as others. We've got some great things planned for the next couple of updates, and perhaps we can get this one and many others in.

--Andy

Postby sully800 on Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:09 am

Bolton wrote:From what I can get to work.... Firefox only checks every 5 minutes and doesn't have something I can click to refresh in between.

Just click on the reload 5 minutes and it refreshes right then and there.

Also, I understand that its a pain to download and search out other programs and extensions- but for everyone who was using IE before and is now on Firefoz you should be thankful! Firefox is a much better browser, so if this is your introduction to it then I'm glad you have it.

Play around on firefox for a while- customize it and adapt it for your needs, and I'm sure you'll be glad you're off IE :lol:
Major sully800

Postby juggernaut man on Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:56 am

yeah. It would be nice if it did all that stuff. Because some people don't use the same computer to play and can't download anything onto someone else's computer.
Lieutenant juggernaut man

Postby max is gr8 on Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:10 am

I agree I mean I can't get any of the add-ons to work I tried editing the scripts and all that jazz but made no difference I mean come on we need a lot more things available at all times
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions