Conquer Club

Show Medal Progress

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Showing how far away you are from your next medal

Postby Kilter on Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:56 pm

I think a lot of players realy want this option...
atleast, some friends of mine would like to see this

I love to play this game and I love to get medals, but I just want to know how much uniq players i have to beat before i get my next medal...
Lieutenant Kilter

Re: Showing how far away you are from your next medal

Postby what,me worry? on Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:29 am

agreed
Private 1st Class what,me worry?

Medal Progress

Postby demonfork on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:17 pm

Concise description:
    Show the current progress of where you are with any particular medal

Specifics:
    Right now I have no idea how many more doubles games I need to win to get my silver medal, It would be useful if there was a status description, for example: (35 complete, 5 more to go until next medal)

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • If my medal goals were clear I would have a more active interest in gaining my next medal level, because I can not track my progress very easily, I have not paid much attention in trying to acquire my next medal level.
Lieutenant demonfork

Re: Medal Progress

Postby White Moose on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:21 pm

Highest Score: 3374
Major White Moose

Postby demonfork on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:26 pm

White Moose wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=64678

Solves it all.

yea, that's a pain in the ass to run map rank on each medal every time you want a status
Lieutenant demonfork

Postby White Moose on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:31 pm

demonfork wrote:

Solves it all.

yea, that's a pain in the ass to run map rank on each medal every time you want a status

Takes a few seconds for each time you run it. Takes another few seconds to check it.

After about 20-60 seconds, depending on how many games you've played and how fast your computer works, you are done.
Highest Score: 3374
Major White Moose

Postby chipv on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:59 pm

demonfork wrote:

Solves it all.

When was the last time you updated or read the updates on the instructions thread?

Run Map Rank GL (for you less than 10 seconds), then click on Medals Tab. That's it. All medal info on one page.
Lieutenant chipv

Postby demonfork on Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:58 pm

chipv wrote:
demonfork wrote:

Solves it all.

When was the last time you updated or read the updates on the instructions thread?

Run Map Rank GL (for you less than 10 seconds), then click on Medals Tab. That's it. All medal info on one page.

Jesus H. Christ, I understand that the info can be obtained via Map Rank!!

but it is a pain in the ass to run MR every time I want an update, just like on WOW it tells you exactly how many points you need for your next level up, you don't need to run any goddamn report to find out, the info is just always there!!
Lieutenant demonfork

Postby chipv on Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:37 am

It takes 3 keypresses and 2 mouse clicks or 1 keypress and 3 mouseclicks - this is too much trouble?

Your post

demonfork wrote:yea, that's a pain in the ass to run map rank on each medal every time you want a status

suggests you are using the old method of running map rank from the game finder for each medal.

It should take you seconds to get a complete table listing all medals including current defeats and number of defeats for next medal
plus links to games to achieve your medals efficiently.

And you should only need to run Map Rank once.

This is the type of table you should be looking at:

Lieutenant chipv

Postby yeti_c on Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:55 am

I am the silver king!!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Skittles! on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:26 am

Also, we should have platinum and diamond medals, because the current ones are too easy to get.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Natewolfman on Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:33 pm

i agree that i would like to see medal progress on regular screens

reason being - 90% of my time on CC is spent either at work, or at school, and both dont allow firefox... and for the other 10% at home, my comp is so slow firefox takes forever to load anything when i have any map stuff installed...

It wouldnt be that hard to add in progress checks to the main medals, would it?
Sergeant 1st Class Natewolfman

Postby Thezzaruz on Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:33 am

chipv wrote:It takes 3 keypresses and 2 mouse clicks or 1 keypress and 3 mouseclicks - this is too much trouble?

Yes maprank works but why demand specific programs/add-ons? Include it in the site and let everyone use all the functions.
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Postby yeti_c on Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:45 am

Thezzaruz wrote:
chipv wrote:It takes 3 keypresses and 2 mouse clicks or 1 keypress and 3 mouseclicks - this is too much trouble?

Yes maprank works but why demand specific programs/add-ons? Include it in the site and let everyone use all the functions.

He's not - he has written an add-on that gives this information NOW - this info may well be added to the site - but it's not here now - therefore the only way to get it at the moment is to use the script.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:58 am

Although Map Rank provides the inforamtion, I would also like to see the progress, as a regular function, and I think it would be fun if it was displaying in a nice graphical format. I think this would be pretty cool to have.

And Natewolfman, I am in the same boat as you. At work I have I.E. 6, and cannot use most features, and no BOB or Medal Rank or anything else. Yes, at home I have it, but it would be nice if this stuff was just included.
Private SuicidalSnowman

Postby Jeff Hardy on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:37 am

how hard would it be to do this?
like demon said, it is a pain in the ass to have to look at map rank every time you want to know
General Jeff Hardy

Location: Matt Hardy's account, you can play against me there

Postby Thezzaruz on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:46 am

yeti_c wrote:He's not - he has written an add-on that gives this information NOW - this info may well be added to the site - but it's not here now - therefore the only way to get it at the moment is to use the script.

C.

The existence of MapRank is being used as a argument against adding the function to the site though.
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Postby yeti_c on Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:09 am

Thezzaruz wrote:
yeti_c wrote:He's not - he has written an add-on that gives this information NOW - this info may well be added to the site - but it's not here now - therefore the only way to get it at the moment is to use the script.

C.

The existence of MapRank is being used as a argument against adding the function to the site though.

Where was that?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Thezzaruz on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:00 am

yeti_c wrote:Where was that?

C.

Try the second and fourth post for example.

I have nothing against chipv, maprank is great, but it has nothing to do with this suggestion really.
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Postby yeti_c on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:15 am

A couple of comments by a standard user... it's not exactly an admin coming in here and saying - "Use map rank" is it?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Thezzaruz on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:18 am

I never claimed that.
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Postby chipv on Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:23 am

Thezzaruz wrote:I never claimed that.

Well what are you claiming then? People are being helpful by suggesting scripts as an immediate way of solving the suggestion.
It is not a permanent solution and it is stating the obvious saying it is better integrated into the site - that is just being negative and hardly helpful (do you think your posts are being helpful?)

Here is another example of being unhelpful: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=68826

As I said in the other thread, saying functionality would be better off integrated into the site is stating the obvious.
Many posters in suggs & bugs may not realise there are tools to help with their suggestion - scripts are temporary options for people to use, not a permanent solution. I have lost count of your posts apparently taking some sort of offence that a script should be suggested and you seem to take a view that a helpful suggestion of using a script affects the time and probability of the functionality being added to the site - well it doesn't.

This is suggs and bugs. People post here when they want some functionality added to the site. If that is not possible immediately and there is a script available to do it then why shouldn't someone suggest it as an alternative that works right now?
Lieutenant chipv

Postby Thezzaruz on Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:28 am

chipv wrote:Many posters in suggs & bugs may not realise there are tools to help with their suggestion - scripts are temporary options for people to use, not a permanent solution.

I agree. And being helpful is good, I've never said anything else.

chipv wrote:I have lost count of your posts apparently taking some sort of offence that a script should be suggested and you seem to take a view that a helpful suggestion of using a script affects the time and probability of the functionality being added to the site - well it doesn't.

Just as I have lost count on the amount of times the existence of a script has been used as argument against making a site improvement or how prioritized such an improvement should be, both by posters and admins. ofc I can't know what/how lack thinks but the feeling I get from reading these forums is that current scripts does affect implementation time and hence I feel the need to fight that.

chipv wrote:Well what are you claiming then? People are being helpful by suggesting scripts as an immediate way of solving the suggestion.

Oh come on. Your own 2 first posts in this thread had nothing to do with the suggestion but rather was an argument with the OP about how fast/much of a bother MapRank is. That's not being helpful, that's marketing.
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

statistics for medals

Postby Capitino on Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:10 am

Concise description:
    Getting a medal is fun. How about one can see for each medal the amount of opponents, maps, or ratings one has already scored?

Specifics:
    On ones personal page make a list for each medal with the score for that medal. Maybe only visible by yourself.
    Example:
    Standard Achievement - 87 opponents
    Doubles Achievement - 16 opponents
    etc.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
    It can be motivating to see one only needs a certain amount more of something to get a new medal.
Lieutenant Capitino

Re: statistics for medals

Postby The Neon Peon on Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:05 pm

Map Rank (clicky) will do this for you.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions