Conquer Club

Flame Wars Removed

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Flame Wars Removed

Postby GENERAL STONEHAM on Wed May 06, 2009 1:28 pm

KLOBBER wrote:
jiminski wrote:
KLOBBER wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:
KLOBBER wrote:There is most definitely much, much, much less flaming being posted on this site since flamer wars was removed. This fact cannot be refuted.

It's not a fact, it's your opinion; others have different opinions.

Actually, it is quite obviously a fact.

The vast majority of flaming was most definitely in flamers wars when it existed, and flaming on the site is now greatly reduced overall. Your strange denial of this obvious fact doesn't make you look good, mentally.

heheh.. your flaming has increased substantially since the closure Klobbs, well done, keep fighting for the cause brother! (you are subtle but i know whose side you are really on you tinker!)

Aside from that, the flaming outside of flamewars has increased significantly, so the total number of people exposed, unavoidably to flames has increased exponentially. As you say above, the flaming was largely, if not exclusively, contained in flamewars. As it stands now, the site is a flamers playground... correct me if i am wrong but you seem to be enjoying that more than most.

That is all your opinion, and it is all incorrect.

The site has improved greatly since flamers wars was killed.

In any case, it is not ever coming back, so you people need to accept that fact, as well as the other facts that I have posted here.

All this coming from the KING of ANTI-FLAMING-FLAMERS!

You are one of the worse FLAMERS in general discussion Klobber. At least the Moderators come to your rescue, when they find you drowning. With-out that innertube Klobber, you'd drop like a rock in a pond.
Sergeant 1st Class GENERAL STONEHAM

Postby GENERAL STONEHAM on Wed May 06, 2009 1:30 pm

...it won't be long before the moderators come and throw their 2 cents worth and finally close this thread.

Thanks Klobber.

Postby KLOBBER on Wed May 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Thanks for what?

CC Admin made the decision, not me.

And yes, the CC Mods are coming to my rescue, and for that I thank them. They are also coming to yours, but you just don't realize that fact. You should also thank them.

If this thread is locked, then it shall be the final nail in the flamers' coffin, and I am all for it, but I have no control over that decision either. The only people who have any control over decisions like removing useless and harmful forums and locking threads are CC staff members, and the good news is that they happen to be in agreement with me on the issue of the removal of flamers wars. You people are wasting your time and energy in a vain attempt at fighting a battle that you already lost quite a while ago, sadly.
Last edited by KLOBBER on Wed May 06, 2009 2:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KLOBBER's Highest Score: 3642 (General)

KLOBBER's Highest place on scoreboard: #15 (fifteen) out of 20,000+ players.

For info about winning, click here.
Private 1st Class KLOBBER

Postby KLOBBER on Wed May 06, 2009 1:41 pm

Woodruff wrote:
KLOBBER wrote:There is most definitely much, much, much less flaming being posted on this site since flamer wars was removed. This fact cannot be refuted.

Unless you are actually including the Flame Wars forum in your numbers, this simply isn't true. And if you are including an area of the site where flames were expected and in fact encouraged, then you're being dishonest. The rest of the site outside of Flame Wars has not noticeably improved.

My post was quite clear when I stated "the site overall." Having trouble understanding plain, straightforward English, private Woodruff?

Postby GENERAL STONEHAM on Wed May 06, 2009 1:51 pm

At least Private Woodruff plays a number of different maps. Your rank means nothing, just look at your TWO medals.

Some people play it safe, they don't want to lose their precious points and rank.

On the other hand we play for fun and don't brag about our "bogus rank" on our profile.

Postby KLOBBER on Wed May 06, 2009 1:57 pm

Rank is rank, and points are points.

I could just as easily say without valid reason that your rank is "bogus," Sergeant Stoneham, but if I did, I would be as wrong as you are.

The fact is that the ranks given on this site accurately reflect skill and intelligence, and everybody knows it. It is a fact, no matter what feeble, unscientific, and pitiful excuses are given by the lower ranked players.

Postby jiminski on Wed May 06, 2009 2:16 pm

KLOBBER wrote:
jiminski wrote:
KLOBBER wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:

It's not a fact, it's your opinion; others have different opinions.

Actually, it is quite obviously a fact.

The vast majority of flaming was most definitely in flamers wars when it existed, and flaming on the site is now greatly reduced overall. Your strange denial of this obvious fact doesn't make you look good, mentally.

heheh.. your flaming has increased substantially since the closure Klobbs, well done, keep fighting for the cause brother! (you are subtle but i know whose side you are really on you tinker!)

Aside from that, the flaming outside of flamewars has increased significantly, so the total number of people exposed, unavoidably to flames has increased exponentially. As you say above, the flaming was largely, if not exclusively, contained in flamewars. As it stands now, the site is a flamers playground... correct me if i am wrong but you seem to be enjoying that more than most.

That is all your opinion, and it is all incorrect.

The site has improved greatly since flamers wars was killed.

In any case, it is not ever coming back, so you people need to accept that fact, as well as the other facts that I have posted here.

on the contrary you little bluffer ;) i know your game you cheeky munchkin, you know full well that flamewars is alive and well and all around us. Your beautifully crafted flames and 'innocent' tinder to others' flames keep the cause alive!
you are practically a Flaming hero!

Thank you brother Klobb, keep fighting the good fight!!
Captain jiminski

Postby KLOBBER on Wed May 06, 2009 3:09 pm

How do you mean?

Postby jiminski on Wed May 06, 2009 3:17 pm

KLOBBER wrote:How do you mean?

well you need to take the sum total and divide it by the number of items in the list.

Though i am not sure how that is relevant to the topic at hand, i do hope it helps brother!
Captain jiminski

Postby KLOBBER on Wed May 06, 2009 3:23 pm

Nope.

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed May 06, 2009 3:24 pm

I think it's only fitting to let this topic die. It's been a month since it was posted. :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives