Conquer Club

immediate begin-turn

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Auto Turn Take

Postby JJM on Fri May 08, 2009 7:37 pm

I think there should be a option in which at the end of a turn you can click something to Automaticly take your next turn If you know you will be going somewhere and will have to miss it. It would simple just Randomly place your reinforcements and not do any attacking or any Fortifying. That way you can still git your reinforcements and not have to worry about going deadbeat.
Corporal JJM

Re: Auto Turn Take

Postby Mr_Adams on Fri May 08, 2009 11:03 pm

I hate you.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby JJM on Sat May 09, 2009 7:25 am

Mr_Adams wrote:I hate you.
What is your problem.
Corporal JJM

Postby LFAW on Sat May 09, 2009 7:34 am

JJM wrote:
What is your problem.

Wrong time of the month ;-)
Brigadier LFAW

Postby Thezzaruz on Sat May 09, 2009 8:11 am

LFAW wrote:
JJM wrote:
What is your problem.

Wrong time of the month ;-)

Not sure he has a right time...
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Postby s3xt0y on Sat May 09, 2009 8:29 am

I like it, you could even go further to have to programmable to attack an area or something and if a certain number of dice are left to continue on etc, or just to get a card or something along the lines of, would be a little bit of learning for most users but could work.
Sergeant 1st Class s3xt0y

Postby The Fuzzy Pengui on Sat May 09, 2009 8:36 am

It won't happen. There was a thread about a plugin for this before (I don't remember exactly where it was, and it's too early in the morning for me to search for it), and the people who were suspected to be using it were told to stop. The reason being that lack doesn't want a human to have to play against a computer, but only human vs human. It would create something extremely unfair, especially if you are playing an objective based game...all you have to do is take the objective and set it to auto take your next turn. Bam! The second it's your turn, the computer would start and you would win...no chance of anybody else being able to stop you.
Gilligan wrote:I'M SO GOOD AT THIS GAME
My stepmom locked the bathroom door
So I opened the lock with my shoelace
Corporal 1st Class The Fuzzy Pengui

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Sat May 09, 2009 8:37 am

JJM wrote:I think there should be a option in which at the end of a turn you can click something to Automaticly take your next turn If you know you will be going somewhere and will have to miss it. It would simple just Randomly place your reinforcements and not do any attacking or any Fortifying. That way you can still git your reinforcements and not have to worry about going deadbeat.
this will never get approved. Freestyle players will set up turns to auto play their turn when they are not around so they will get all their bonuses as soon as the other player clicks "begin"...cough cough king herpes cough cough.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby JJM on Sat May 09, 2009 11:10 am

JJM wrote:I think there should be a option in which at the end of a turn you can click something to Automaticly take your next turn If you know you will be going somewhere and will have to miss it. It would simple just Randomly place your reinforcements and not do any attacking or any Fortifying. That way you can still git your reinforcements and not have to worry about going deadbeat.
It wounld not work to have it attack because if you made a truce with someone it would not work. A way to let the game know you will be gone and have just skip your turn would work to just so you don't go deadbeat.
Corporal JJM

Postby The Fuzzy Pengui on Sat May 09, 2009 11:32 am

JJM wrote:
It wounld not work to have it attack because if you made a truce with someone it would not work. A way to let the game know you will be gone and have just skip your turn would work to just so you don't go deadbeat.

Quoted because your response to that seems odd...having it looked into (sorry if it's a misunderstanding).

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sat May 09, 2009 1:07 pm

The Fuzzy Pengui wrote:It won't happen. There was a thread about a plugin for this before (I don't remember exactly where it was, and it's too early in the morning for me to search for it), and the people who were suspected to be using it were told to stop. The reason being that lack doesn't want a human to have to play against a computer, but only human vs human. It would create something extremely unfair, especially if you are playing an objective based game...all you have to do is take the objective and set it to auto take your next turn. Bam! The second it's your turn, the computer would start and you would win...no chance of anybody else being able to stop you.

I am not sure why this would be unfair. How is it any different than if you take an objective now?

That is, I am not sure I like this idea, but I am confused by your reasoning.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby The Fuzzy Pengui on Sat May 09, 2009 1:11 pm

Because now you have to be there to start your turn (and you might not be there as soon as your turn becomes available to take). With something like this, the second your turn becomes available to take, the computer would take it (thus resulting in a win for you). This is just one reasoning as to why it wouldn't happen, there are others as well.

Postby Rocketry on Sat May 09, 2009 1:48 pm

Hah excellent idea. Ask King_Herpes - he's already got a program that does half the work for him.

Rocket.
Lieutenant Rocketry

Postby JJM on Sat May 09, 2009 4:54 pm

It would just simply place your reinforcements and be done. How wound that win you the game.
Corporal JJM

Postby Mr_Adams on Sat May 09, 2009 5:36 pm

JJM wrote:That way you can still git your reinforcements and not have to worry about going deadbeat.

"git"
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby 4myGod on Sun May 10, 2009 9:04 am

I too am quite curious how this helps at all, let alone wins the game. I am certain you guys have a reason for saying that, but please explain for people slow like me.

Supposing you have a button you can set to "away" and then perhaps at 15hrs into your turn it automatically random places your troops between your territories. The time you wait until it auto places your troops is not an option, but just the mandatory setting.

You could make it so that after 3 turns it still will auto kick you from the game. However the only thing it saves you from is having it show up as missed turn on your profile. That way people who know there going to be gone are separated from people who just don't care.

If not this option, some other option should be implemented for 2 reasons:

1. I have only played 3 games, but I can already tell that you don't know how long a game is going to last, you can guess, but it could be 1 week to over months from what I can see. So for someone to say I will be online every day for the next couple months is quite a commitment. Let's say you are gone just 1 day for an unexpected meeting in japan that you have to jump on a plane for immediately. If you have your 4 or more if premium games running, that's 4 missed turns from just 1 day.

I realized 2 days before I left for Laos that I had to go to Laos for a visa run... I had to spend 3 days in Laos, thankfully my Hotel had internet, but I might not always have that convenience.

2. I heard the way it's setup now to deal with missed turns is by giving double the territory troops for missing a turn, on your next turn. I am playing with a guy now who missed I believe it was his first turn, perhaps his first 2. However he missed another one after his first. The benefit he has is with his first turn people rarely have the continent or section bonuses... most of your reinforcements come from territories already, and no one knows where he is planning to fight, so nobody can build up his defenses against him. So it's like putting his troops in the bank for a turn, so they can't be attacked, they are there for safe keeping. Some people counter this by saying "just destroy his territories so he won't get a big bonus. Well at this stage he has 3 troops on each territory, you rarely have enough troops to take over your first continent or section bonus, let alone enough troops to target a single player and finish him off. You would have to take out 3 of his territories to keep him from getting 1 troop the next turn... 3 of his territories at the beginning is 9 troops... so you have to kill 9 troops to keep him from getting 2, 1 for the missed turn and 1 for the current. Though if he placed his troops, you can just kill them right there when he has 6's and 9's, instead of being forced to wait until he throws down BAM 18...

Anything that can make these 2 things better I think would make a great site even more great.
Sergeant 1st Class 4myGod

Postby blakebowling on Sun May 10, 2009 1:05 pm

What if, (and I'm sorry if I didn't see it earlier in the thread) it only took your turn the minute before it was supposed to expire, and then, still only deployed your troops, I'm sure there isn't an unfair advantage in that.
Private blakebowling

Postby Thezzaruz on Sun May 10, 2009 5:51 pm

blakebowling wrote:What if, (and I'm sorry if I didn't see it earlier in the thread) it only took your turn the minute before it was supposed to expire, and then, still only deployed your troops, I'm sure there isn't an unfair advantage in that.

Then what's the use??? Sure you don't get the missed turn marker (still deserve it IMO) but other than that?
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Postby Mr_Adams on Mon May 11, 2009 12:10 am

let's have everybody's turns be taken by super advanced artificial inteligence.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby jakejakejakejake on Mon May 11, 2009 6:25 am

Thezzaruz wrote:
blakebowling wrote:What if, (and I'm sorry if I didn't see it earlier in the thread) it only took your turn the minute before it was supposed to expire, and then, still only deployed your troops, I'm sure there isn't an unfair advantage in that.

Then what's the use??? Sure you don't get the missed turn marker (still deserve it IMO) but other than that?

You'd have those troops at the beginning of your next turn, rather then the end, and more defenses for your territories during your opponents turns.

I'm not saying it's a good idea, just trying to help them explain. I think it's a terrible idea. If you're having trouble meeting a 24 hour deadline...you really do deserve to miss your turn.
Darth Syphilis: jake you suck
jakejakejakejake: HOW'D YOU KNOW MY NAME WAS JAKE OMG?!
Darth Syphilis: because your mother told me haha
jakejakejakejake: my mom died from swine flu :(
Darth Syphilis: haha she did love to pork. oh i mean THE pork
Lieutenant jakejakejakejake

Postby spiesr on Mon May 11, 2009 7:59 am

4myGod wrote:I too am quite curious how this helps at all, let alone wins the game. I am certain you guys have a reason for saying that, but please explain for people slow like me.
Certain maps have "objectives" that if you hold when you begin your turn you automatically win. So if you are in a freestyle game and you this AutoTurn begin button worked the following could happen:
You go last in a round and take the objective.
You don't have time to sit and refresh the page for the next however long it takes for your opponent to begin their turn.
You activate AutoTurn.
Now the moment your opponent begins his turn the computer would begin yours and you would win (by holding the objective) before your opponent could do anything about it.

A similar could happen if you have a bonus region that there is no chance of your opponent not breaking on his turn. You use this so you receive the bonus before your opponent can attack you. (In this case you don't automatically win, but it is still an unfair advantage.)
Captain spiesr

Postby blakebowling on Mon May 11, 2009 10:29 pm

jakejakejakejake wrote:
Thezzaruz wrote:

You'd have those troops at the beginning of your next turn, rather then the end, and more defenses for your territories during your opponents turns.

I'm not saying it's a good idea, just trying to help them explain. I think it's a terrible idea. If you're having trouble meeting a 24 hour deadline...you really do deserve to miss your turn.

I personally don't like it either.. if you want to play.. you should show up.. I was just trying to solve problems in the suggestion... possibly could be a setting for those that don't like it
'
Private blakebowling

Postby lancehoch on Tue May 12, 2009 12:29 am

Unless you have proof that someone is using a script that automates a turn, please do not make up rumors. If you do have proof, please PM either AndyDufresne, king achilles, or myself with that proof and we will take the appropriate action from there.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby ranmori on Tue May 26, 2009 2:32 am

simulation credit auto
lancehoch wrote:
Unless you have proof that someone is using a script that automates a turn, please do not make up rumors. If you do have proof, please PM either AndyDufresne, king achilles, or myself with that proof and we will take the appropriate action from there.

Good idea. thanks =D>
New Recruit ranmori

Postby BaldAdonis on Tue May 26, 2009 3:07 am

lancehoch wrote:Unless you have proof that someone is using a script that automates a turn, please do not make up rumors. If you do have proof, please PM either AndyDufresne, king achilles, or myself with that proof and we will take the appropriate action from there.

That happened already. You guys didn't do anything. It's nice that you put on an act for us, but if you're not going to follow through and punish people when you find out they've been cheating, then what's the point? Anyone who wants a script to automate their turns can make one, and they've got the precedent of the "conqueror" to protect them.
Captain BaldAdonis

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions