Conquer Club

Auto-kicking multies & logging end of turn

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Auto-kicking multies & logging end of turn

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:20 pm

niMic wrote:
kratos644 wrote:
Timminz wrote:

farmer.

Owen is no farmer!!!
He plays any ranks. The higher ranks are just scared of him cause they know he's a feudal beast ;)

Yeah, it's just a crazy coincidence that his 4 opponents have two games between them, right? ;)

Admittedly he's got quite a few games going with high-ranked opponents as well, but there's comparatively many where he's only or almost only up against "?"'s, most of whom have never finished a game.

I will say this.. If you open say 20 of the same game type on the same map, settings. Some of them are going to fill up with ?'s. I know It used to happen with me when I made a ton of games with same map / settings.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby derivative133 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:10 pm

niMic wrote:
kratos644 wrote:
Timminz wrote:

farmer.

Owen is no farmer!!!
He plays any ranks. The higher ranks are just scared of him cause they know he's a feudal beast ;)

Yeah, it's just a crazy coincidence that his 4 opponents have two games between them, right? ;)

Admittedly he's got quite a few games going with high-ranked opponents as well, but there's comparatively many where he's only or almost only up against "?"'s, most of whom have never finished a game.

Forgive, I do not understand. He set up the game, others join. How is that farming? I often play games with lower ranks, and seldom with higher, because that is who joins the game. I lose more points when I lose, so am taking more of a risk, no?
Major derivative133

Postby Skittles! on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:37 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
n00blet wrote:
lackattack wrote:Same goes for members who are given website bans for whatever reason and for whatever length of time.
So if I get a 3-day forum ban, I get auto-kicked from all my games :?: :?: :?:

Incorrect. You would have to get a site wide ban. Those are rarely handed out.

Ah. I was confused about this also. Thanks for clearing it up.

In this case - awesome.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby owenator on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:39 am

Timminz wrote:

farmer.

Play me 1 vs. 1. Feudal ANY settings. And by the way - use "Callouts" if you think you have the balls to go against me in said map. Oh yeah...map rank is trivial.
Lieutenant owenator

Postby neanderpaul14 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:34 am

Timminz wrote:

farmer.

Sorry Timminz, Owen is the farthest thing on this site from a farmer he is fair and honorable player.
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby LFAW on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:55 am

Lol when I read this I just thought "oh shit" FredVIII has gone... but nope :D

Good update
Colonel LFAW

Postby king sam on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:25 am

Im reposting this from a post I made on this subject in the GD forum.

Was any thought given to the effect this can have on the innocent players around the site that are involved in teams games with users that abuses the rules?

My point being is that an unexpected user, and I will use myself as an example in this case, joins a teams game with other users, gets involved in the game and all of a sudden if they are not a frequent visitor to the C&A forum,(or sometimes even if they are) they loose a teammate cause that player has been deemed Guilty of violating CC's rules. I'm glad the consideration is given to give the team the troops and cards of that user but bottom line is I have to continue through a game now one man down.

And this all comes to the average user as a surprise.

For example:
I would consider myself more active then most in the C&A forum where the majority of claims come through about suspected users violating the rules, and I cant recall seeing a claim made on xtratabasco in violation of any rules most recently.

I do recall him receiving a permanent forum ban back at beginning of March. But not a website ban to my knowledge. And as per the new development it stipulates website ban and not forum, unless they are considered one and the same.
lackattack wrote:From now on, inactivated multies will be immediately auto-kicked from their games and will also be auto-dropped from any waiting games. Same goes for members who are given website bans for whatever reason and for whatever length of time. Just like when players are auto-kicked for missing too many turns, in these cases teammates will inherit troops and spoils, assassin targets will be reassigned, and the final winner will get the points in terminator games.
Source of quote

Either way in Game 4974136
Game 4974136 Log wrote:2009-06-15 17:56:01 - xtratabasco was kicked out for violating the rules

and I have to continue this quads match without a player.

This added tool/development will bring much needed justice to users who are robbed of points from multies but the consequences that this brings will also rob innocent players for the mis-conduct of others.

Now with this in place the current good order to joining games just got more tedious. Not only do I need to scan players that I don't normally play teams games with to see if they
  • take their turns
  • participate with the team
  • have knowledgeable tactics
But now I need to also add
  • search for their name in any abuse thread to make sure I don't go man down again unexpectedly
And in most cases since teams games take some time to fill I will need to re-visit searching this and hope they don't get disgruntle and abuse the rules in the time it takes to fill this game or heaven forbid in a non-spoils game to finish it.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel, I'm not disagreeing that something needed to be done to balance the fairness here, but I think your trading one vice for another.

A lot of innocent users will be punished and effected in their games by the actions taken by users that are beyond their control, and most of the time this will all happen unknowingly to them.
To add to it, if the owner who has done the abuse is accused, and found guilty via an E-Ticket it will be unknown to all prior to the discipline.

My take on it,
King Sam
Sergeant king sam

Postby jpcloet on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:42 am

Some great points as usual King. I would argue that random teammates is happening less and less and is in some way a reason why the clan area is growing. I find that once in a clan, having 10-20 solid partners means you generally don't look for teammates anymore.

Generally losing a teammate is ok if the territory counts work to even out, does not always work that way.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby king sam on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:56 am

jpcloet wrote:Some great points as usual King. I would argue that random teammates is happening less and less and is in some way a reason why the clan area is growing. I find that once in a clan, having 10-20 solid partners means you generally don't look for teammates anymore.

Generally losing a teammate is ok if the territory counts work to even out, does not always work that way.

Yeah that's true JP, I like to venture out and seek partners I haven't played with before though to see different styles of play and tactics. And in the game I referenced with myself in it losing tabasco we will probably be allright, but a change like a player getting dropped for these violations in the middle of a game can change the outcome significantly.

And if it wasn't me doing the abuse then when should I or the rest of my team in a teams game be subject to that punishment?
Sergeant king sam

Postby MrPanzerGeneral on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:27 am

Totally agree with king sam here, absolutely no thought has gone into the effects on innocent partners in their games and this feature I can see backfiring bigtime - I should know having just had 3 different P's kicked for "violating the rules". Admittedly one of them was "xtra" and I presume the others were multis, but having been thro a multi accusation battle once before to clear my name of such, when I was erroneously accused of being a multi by one of the multi-hunters and the complete crap i had to go thro to do so, I can say I don't see why the partners in games of anyone being kicked for "violating the rules" should suffer. If you want to kick people out for indiscretions, good and fine, but null and void the games too ! that would be fairer.

king sam wrote:
jpcloet wrote:Some great points as usual King. I would argue that random teammates is happening less and less and is in some way a reason why the clan area is growing. I find that once in a clan, having 10-20 solid partners means you generally don't look for teammates anymore.

As for the "random teammates" happening less and less post above. If true, then what a boring little closeted world CC will become.
Last edited by MrPanzerGeneral on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Private MrPanzerGeneral

Postby slowreactor on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:29 am

*singing* HAAAAAAAAAAAAALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH!
Colonel slowreactor

Postby MrPanzerGeneral on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:46 am

Ahh, yes, thx slowreactor, very valid post there :roll:
Private MrPanzerGeneral

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:22 am

im still waiting for the big update that is full of good stuff. Multis can be caught when they first sign up if we would check every account before it becomes active and than we would not have to kick players from games.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby lancehoch on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:30 am

owenator wrote:It's about time that the rule was placed into effect. Congratulations on the hard work guys! And here's an example of where this rule has taken into effect in one of MY games:

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=5068696

2009-06-15 18:00:19 - w00pert was kicked out for violating the rules

I was going to make the same farmer joke as everyone else, but alas, that is now cliche. Too bad, however, that another person in that game was busted though.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby whitestazn88 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:45 am

i think its a great addition
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby lackattack on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:21 am

king sam wrote:I do recall him receiving a permanent forum ban back at beginning of March. But not a website ban to my knowledge. And as per the new development it stipulates website ban and not forum, unless they are considered one and the same.

Website ban is not the same as forum ban.

We did a one-time catching up and auto-kicked all inactive players from their current games. Moving forward, we'll see how often innocent players lose teammates to multi busts but I think it will be an acceptable risk, like deadbeat teammates.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby nagerous on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:23 am

lackattack wrote:
king sam wrote:I do recall him receiving a permanent forum ban back at beginning of March. But not a website ban to my knowledge. And as per the new development it stipulates website ban and not forum, unless they are considered one and the same.

Website ban is not the same as forum ban.

We did a one-time catching up and auto-kicked all inactive players from their current games. Moving forward, we'll see how often innocent players lose teammates to multi busts but I think it will be an acceptable risk, like deadbeat teammates.

Agreed. Most multi busts are Question Marks anyway and they can't play games.
Captain nagerous

Postby trinicardinal on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:46 am

Elimination Summary
2009-06-15 18:00:17 - cyuceo was kicked out for violating the rules in round - 20

=D>

nice one. it'll take some adjusting and some people will be affected no matter what but I think it's the better option
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:18 pm

Skittles! wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
n00blet wrote:
lackattack wrote:Same goes for members who are given website bans for whatever reason and for whatever length of time.
So if I get a 3-day forum ban, I get auto-kicked from all my games :?: :?: :?:

Incorrect. You would have to get a site wide ban. Those are rarely handed out.

Ah. I was confused about this also. Thanks for clearing it up.

In this case - awesome.

Just again answering this officially---Indeed only "Website Vacations" will get you auto-kicked from games. If you receive a Chat/Forum/Ratings Vacation, they do not have an impact on the new procedure.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Rocketry on Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:03 pm

Re: The multi bit.
A solid update, lack. As well as its main purpose (stopping other players from having to play with busted multis,) I think this update has two other slight positive slight-efects.

1) Not all multis are trying to cheat covertly. This update prevents multis from being able to taget a speficic player they hate in a game, filling all the slots like the egg/rammed did as "invader." Now the "victim" still gets the points assuming the multis are busted in time.
2) It discourages people from creating multis over and over again, not caring if they get caught becuase they still get those four games.

Rocket.
Lieutenant Rocketry

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:24 pm

Aye, Rocketry. Hopefully this update will help both with "random invader targetting" nuisance, in addition to helping curb multiple accounts overall. :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby jpcloet on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:59 pm

Would 1v1 games then mean increased inflation?
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Mr_Adams on Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:09 pm

much appreciated. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

BTW, did you guys know there is a max # of smilies in a message? You can only put 40!
:lol:

^^^^^^^^^ That's # 39, so here's 40 ;)
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby Tisha on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:26 pm

nice nice.. thank you HOT lackattack =D> =D>
Major Tisha

Postby cramill on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:03 am

lackattack wrote:=================================================================================

Logging end of turn

Now you can always know exactly when a player clicked End Reinforcement in a no spoils game. The game log will now display either X ended the turn or X ended the turn and got spoils as the case may be. This should be particularly handy in shedding some light on confusing situations in freestyle games. :P

=================================================================================

Does this in any way get rid of the double turn exploit in Freestyle games? Or is this a step in getting rid of it?
Corporal 1st Class cramill

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives