Conquer Club

Issue 78: 16/06/09

Old issues and old threads regarding various newsletter things.

Moderator: Community Team

Issue 78: 16/06/09

Postby Gozar on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:18 pm

16/06/09

Hello tournament fans. Our first issue to appear in the new forums. Our News Hound has more, but stop by the forum and let us know what you think.
As always, if you have any ideas or just want to help out, drop us a line.

Thanks, and enjoy!
Gozar

Image Newsletter Poll
Image News Hound
Image Fun Facts
Image Currently Taking Signups
ImageTournament Updates
ImageComing Soon
Image The Tournament Roll of Honuor
ImageInterview with Lindax
ImageNext Issue
ImageNotes
ImageStaff

Here are the results of the last poll which asked, "Which of the newsletters do you read?"

I read all three newsletters. 35%
I only read the ConquerClub Newsletter. 4%
I only read the Foundry Newsletter. 2%
I only read the Tournament Newsletter. 12%
I read the ConquerClub Newsletter and the Foundry Newsletter. 2%
I read the CounquerClub Newsletter and the Tournament Newsletter. 16%
I read the Foundry Newsletter and the Tournament Newsletter. 2%
I don't read any newsletters. 10%
I didn't know there were newsletters. 16%

Total votes : 49

Our next poll asks: "Should certain tournament setups be allowed to bend/break CC rules? (ie secret diplomacy,etc)"
Please stop by the poll thread and vote.

by sailorseal

Optimus Prime wrote:A new forum entitled Newsletters has been created to house all three of the popular community generated newsletters that have been circulating for a long time now. We felt it was about time they had a home of their own where members can find old issues, ask questions, make suggestions, and participate in the newsletter experience. The main Newsletters forum is where all the polls, subscription threads, requests for interview questions, and general newsletter discussions will take place. Added to that main forum are dedicated sub-forums for each newsletter that display all current and previous issues for the community to peruse and enjoy.

The chief newsletter editors have been given a title under their username of "Newsletter Editor" if they so desire to bring attention to the dedicated work they have performed so far.

Regards, Optimus Prime

Tournament discussion seems to have been slow this week so we felt,
Lets talk about us! and everyone who reads this

Recently our newsletter and been moved from its old home General Info, Q&A, Discussion to Tournament Newsletter, Newsletters now have their own forums!
Lets see what the community thinks:
jpcloet wrote:Great Start to the Summer!

Bruceswar wrote:Looks nice. Much better if you ask me. :)

sailorseal wrote:Awesome possum

Looks like success!

There are over 1000 completed tournaments

Here is a list of tournaments currently taking signups. Just click the title to visit the thread. If you would like your tournament to be included, please PM jricart or Gozar or visit this thread.

1 vs 1 Tournaments

U.S.A vs. U.S.S.R!
Organiser: slowreactor
Number of Entrants: 32 players

Deadliest Warrior
Organiser: Ikickauassagood
Number of Entrants: 16 players

Top of the Class
Organiser: Tupence
Number of Entrants: 100 players

Evil Crosby's Tournament of Losers
Organiser: Evil Crosby

Psycho B's AOR1
Organiser: Psycho B

English Permier League vs. Spanish Primera Liga
Organiser: vcvcb2
Number of Entrants: 40 players

Aor1 Speed 1vs1
Organiser: assassin97

Standard Tournaments

SNAKEDOC & FREAK'S MIGHT, MAGIC, & MAYHEM QUEST
Organiser: chemefreak
Number of Entrants: 32 Players

AOR 1 ROUND ROBIN
Organiser: SNARF17WD

Canadian Classics II
Organiser: Ikickauassagood

Black Friday's "World Regions"
Organiser: interest_games
Number of Entrants: 96 players

Cosa Nostra
Organiser: skepticCS

World Regions
Organiser: Black Friday
Number of Entrants: 96 players

b00060's - Insane In The Brain Tournament
Organiser: b00060
Number of Entrants: 25 players

Through the Ages
Organiser: Jace22

Sam's Awesome Waterloo
Organiser: samuelc812

Expand Your Control
Organiser: SultanOfSurreal
Number of Entrants: 80 players

b00060's - Conquer Man Fever
Organiser: b00060

Ultimo Hispano en Pie 1
Organiser: jricart
Number of Entrants: 48 players

Mixed Style Tournaments

Utterly Unpredictable!
Organiser: john9blue
Number of Entrants: Not decided yet!

TP TENNIS TOUR
Organiser: SNARF17WD
Number of Entrants: 16 or 32 players

Five Elements - SHUFFLE
Organiser: Kinnison

Qwert Bracket Tournament VII
Organiser: qwert

BYOR Dinner Date (5 x 5 windmill)
Organiser: PaulusH

No Sun, Just Fog
Organiser: conquerAce
Number of Entrants: 64 players

Free for all
Organiser: OliverFA
Number of Entrants: ???

So You Think You Can Dance Season 1
Organiser: amazzony
Number of Entrants: 121 players

Spleen of Garnets! Douglas Adams Theme!
Organiser: Hopscotcher
Number of Entrants: 50 players

Initech Invitational III: North America Mixed
Organiser: Peter Gibbons

Akuma no Mi
Organiser: Sphagnis
Number of Entrants: 48 players

Doubles Tournaments

doubles all over the world
Organiser: aselwyn1
Number of Entrants: 16 teams

Evil Crosby's Tournament of Champions
Organiser: Evil Crosby
Number of Entrants: 16 Teams

KP's Feudal Wars Dubs
Organiser: killerpit4e
Number of Entrants: 8 teams

1600+ doubles: special maps
Organiser: daydream
Number of Entrants: 20 teams

Triples Tournaments

Map Master Triples Edition: USA
Organiser: pimphawks70
Number of Entrants: 8 teams

Here are how some of the currently ongoing tournaments are progressing. Just click the title to visit the thread. Want your tournament listed here? Use the form at the end of this letter, and PM it to Gozar or post it in this thread.

Isle Cruise using a 7x7 windmill setup
Organiser Name: PaulusH
Shocking news: some people left British Islands :shock:
Planned end date: 6 September

Mac Dinner Date using a 5x5 windmill setup
using a 5x5 windmill setup
The last car still can't find the way home, they are driving for nearly 4 month now :sick:
Planned end date: 5 September

Double Iron Bar Using a 3x3 windmill setup
Using a 3x3 windmill setup
Some groups were forced to stop drinking Cola :!:
Planned end date: 21 August

The Legend of Tor Na’Mit
Organizer: Gozar
Round Thirteen still running

Here are some tournaments that noted tournament organisers are planning on running soon.

Bring Your Own Recipe (BYOR) Dinner Date from PaulusH
Using a 5x5 windmill setup
Needs 25x5=25 individual players and some reserves each bringing a personal game setting
Planned to put on the create/join forum on 12 June

Tournament ideas from the mind of barterer2002
Championship Series Continues

Here are some recent tournament winners.

"Formula 1 2009 - Malaysia GP" -Jefreus
"Forumula 1 2009- Bahrain GP" -NZHostel
"JRs 1v1 Challenge IX" -Bruceswar
"Championships Series: WWII Eastern Front" -Timminz
"Championship Series: Random" -danryan
"Conquistador Hispano 4" -abygorb
"No Luck, Just Skill" -danryan
"Cross Map Victories" -negoeien
"Single Territory Tourney"-iambligh
"Around All CCs Maps: Egypt:Nubia" -Blitzaholic
"ES-CRAZY-LATORS III" -D3A7H
"b00060's Classic Shapes Tournament II" -ShootandMiss
"Trans Atlantic Speed League" -bkwill
"Fog of Feudal War 6" -b00060
"b00060's Classic Shapes VIII" -Captain Scarlet
"Where in the World: Assassinations" -Suzy1
"Lady Luck League" -Soldier4Christ
"Final Fantasy Wars I: 7v12" -topper
"Joe's Knucklehead Tournament" -PortmanGray
"Capture the Flag!!" -danryan
"Achieve the Communist Dream" -Mudpuppy
"Escape From Gilligans Island" -69Chevy
"Around All CCs Maps: Europa" -blitzaholic/big whiskey
"Terminators" -Deadpool
"Around All CCs Maps: Egypt:Nubia" -blitzaholic and big whiskey
"The Terminator 1984" -magneto_acolyte
"Triple World War II" -AlexZG, Drags and V.J.
"LxDS Daviedoo Invitational III" -Daviedoo & Lindax
"Around All CCs Maps: D Day Omaha Beach" -redtide
"Around All CCs Maps Draknor Level 1" -Nate the Great
"Zero Hour" -Kalano Sanchin
"LxDS Loch and Glen" -King_Herpes & 300spartans
"Speed Terminator III - The Mummy II" -pheonixuk
"Official Age of Realms Trilogy Tournament" -davelim
"Mixed Maps 3" -Terminalcase56 / Foxglove / agonzos / prismsaber
"Champion of the Ottoman Empire" -Dr.killitz
"Formula 1 Series Australia" -ppgangster

This week we had the opportunity to interview Lindax. All questions were submitted by readers of the newsletter. Next week, we check in with one of the other organisers, PaulusH.
You can submit your questions in this thread.

Now, on with the interview!

Q: Hello, Lindax.

A: Hi, you can call me Lx.

Q:What makes you interview worthy?

A: I guess the fact that you’re doing it.

Q:How did you find this website?

A: Searching for “online risk”.

Q: Why did you join CC?

A: I love the game of Risk and have been playing it for more than 30 years. I started with the board version and went on to play some electronic versions. When I found CC I joined to because I liked the idea of playing a variety of players online and “life” (speed games).

Q:What’s your motivation (or why do you like) to play on CC?

A: I like the variety of game types and maps, as well as the challenge of playing many good players. And it’s available 24/7.

Q:Why did you start to play tournaments?

A: My first tournament was a clan tournament (++The Legion++), which I won actually. I enjoyed the competition, so I started playing public tournaments.

Q:What made you want to start running tournaments?

A: I enjoy playing doubles games. At the time there weren’t much doubles tournaments going on and nothing on my favorite map, then Middle Earth, so I decided to create a tournament myself.

Q: How long have you been organizing tournaments?

A: My first one was in July, 2008, so almost a year.

Q:What tournament did you first run?

A: Battle for Middle Earth, a doubles tournament. This evolved into a series of tournaments called the Lx Doubles Series (LxDS). We’re now playing the 15th tournament in the series.

Q: Who do you look to for inspiration when organizing your tournaments?

A: My own imagination. I try to organize tournaments that are simple yet a bit different.

Q: Describe the experience of your first tournament ran, and first played in.

A: Mmmm…. First tournament I organized I was a bit unsure, afraid of screwing it up. Some of the players that joined it gave me some hints and tips and soon I simply enjoyed it. It was really nice when it was finished and I could announce the winners. First tournament I played (a clan tournament), I remember feeling a competitiveness I had not felt before, obviously it was very rewarding actually winning it, especially because I beat players I respected and looked up to.

Q:Tell us about your overall tournament experience from when you first joined a tournament to the present day. How has it changed for you? Is it a better experience than before? Worse?

A: If you’re talking about tournaments I play in, not much has changed, except that I’m less stressed now. In the beginning I really wanted to win every tournament, now I know that you can’t win them all. I’m also more selective in the tournaments I join. Another thing is maybe that I get a little more annoyed nowadays when I play in a tournament with players that clearly should not have joined it because it’s not their game type or map for example.

Q: How many tournaments have you run already, and do you have a goal in mind for how many you want to run in total before you "retire"? How many are you running right now?

A: I have run 14 that are finished and I have currently 9 ongoing and 1 is open for sign-up. I have another 6 planned for the near future and I’m not likely to “retire” anytime soon. I’m enjoying it too much.

Q:What tournaments have you organized?

A: 1.- The Lx Doubles Series (16 tournaments so far, some still ongoing).
2.- Team League - Officers Edition (TLO 2009), almost finished.
3.- ES-C-RAZY-ALATORS (3 tournaments so far, plus 1 open for sign-up at the moment).
4.- Lx 4x4 Midgard Series (2 ongoing tournaments).
5.- The best Player of the World (a private, non-official CC tournament).

It’s not a tournament as such, but I’m also running two “ladders” in our clan, one individual and one for doubles teams.

You can find all the info on my tournaments here:
http://www.hurricanedivers.com/lxds/lxds.htm

Q:What is your favourite tournament you have run?

A: The Team League - Officers Edition (TLO 2009). It’s a very elaborate tournament where 10 teams of 4 to 6 players play each other in singles, doubles and quads games. It’s almost finished, I’m waiting on 1 game to finish to publish the final standings. It has taken almost 5 months to complete. I will definitely do another one of those in the near future.

Q: What is your favorite tournament you’ve played in? Why?

A: I really can’t give you one answer, sorry. Basically, I like to play in short & sweet, simple tournaments, like the ones Blitzaholic organizes, the Championship Series per map by Barterer, All Around CC Maps, which Highlander Attack took over, etc. If it’s a complicated tournament I lose track and interest. Having said that, I enjoy “The King is Dead”, by ralphcptc and “Vampires versus Werewolves” by jpcloet, which are complicated but different tournaments. In general I really think organizing complicated tournaments is more fun than participating in them. Oh yeah, I really enjoy the Terminator Speed tournaments, organized by DJ Teflon.

Q:Do you prefer to run or enter tournaments?

A: If I have to choose I would say run them.

Q: Is there a specific type of format that you tend to gravitate towards? Why? Is there a format that is your favourite? What about other peoples' tournaments?

A: Organizing: I have run more doubles tournaments so far than anything else. Why? Because they seem to be very popular. Joining: Short and simple tournaments.

Q:Are you selective about which types of tournaments you join or do you join just about everything you can fit into your personal game load? If you are selective, do you look for certain styles or organizers?

A: I don’t join just any tournament. I don’t look for certain styles, I look at all of them and if they sound interesting I join. Yes, I do tend to look for certain organizers. Lately I tend to join more team tournaments (dubs, trips, quads).

Q: Do you find it easier to choose tournament settings yourself, or to let the players customize them?

A: I have never let players choose maps or settings.

Q: Overall, are you playing a lot in tournaments? If not, then why and where do you find your games to play?

A: I do play a lot in tournaments. I had to ease up a bit the last few weeks, I had way too many active games.

Q: How excited were you with your first CC win?

A: I honestly don’t remember, so I guess not very excited.

Q:Of your goals, in regards to CC, have you gotten done you've wanted to achieve?

A: My main goal is having fun and I do. In the sense of achieving a certain rank or amount of wins, etc., I don’t have a goal. One thing I would like to achieve is becoming a better all-round player, which will probably be an eternal goal.

Q:If you had to win one tournament that you are currently a part of which would it be and why?

A: Haha, I don’t even know which tournaments I’m in, they’re too many, I’ll go have a look. Ok, probably “TOO and EoGE's Dubs Tourney II”, because there are many awesome teams participating.

Q: What is your most disappointing tournament loss to date?

A: I can think of two: the final of MIXED MAPS, a doubles tournament I played with RedSoxFan. We came soooo close, but lost it. The other one would be the final of the first Terminator Speed Tournament, I had it, but my opponent cashed in a 3 set and got lucky with the dice.

Q: In your mind, what makes a successful tournament?

A: Regarding the organizer: good organization, dedication and an eye for the details (the devil is in the details).
Regarding the players: if players enjoy it, I think it’s a good tournament.

Q: What do you consider to be the most successful tournaments you've seen run?

A: There are too many to give a specific answer. In general the ones where the organizer is on top of things.

Q:Have you ever been disappointed in a tournament you have run? What about one you entered?

A: My tournaments: only by players who don’t join in a timely manner and you have to remind them again and again. Luckily it doesn’t happen often.
Tournaments I entered: I joined several that ended up being abandoned by the organizer, that is really frustrating.

Q: What makes a successful organizer?

A: Good organization, dedication, communication and an eye for the details.

Q: How do you attract players to your tournament, and what aspect (besides a reward of a premium prize or something like that) of a tournament do you think appeals to a lot of players and why?

A: I post it in the forum and if it doesn’t fill quick, I sometimes send a pm to players who joined my tournaments before. I think in general my tournaments appeal to players who like relatively simple and short tournaments for higher ranked players. Most of my tournaments are for officers.

Q: Is there anything in particular that you dislike about tournament organizing?

A: Mmmm…. having to send reminders to players to join games, or even worse, having to apply sanctions if they don’t.

Q: For you, what is the best part of being a tournament organizer?

A: I have wondered about that myself. I enjoy it, but I don’t know why….

Q: What mistakes do you see tournament organizers make the most?

A: 1.- Not starting with enough reserves.
2.- Sending one pm to join games to all players at once, it causes players to join the wrong games.
3.- Failing to keep players informed of progress, standings, etc.
4.- And for first time organizers: not realizing how time consuming it can be or how long a tournament can go on for (which often causes abandoned tournaments).

Q: With experience comes the wisdom of knowing what mistakes you've made in the past so you can avoid them in the future. What mistakes have you made in your tournaments that you are sure to avoid in future tournaments?

A: 1.- Sending one pm to join games to all players at once, it causes players to join the wrong games.
2.- Sending the wrong game links or numbers or set up games with the wrong settings (I can only hope to avoid that in the future).
3.- Using a too complicated scoring system (TLO 2009).
4.- Let freemiums join in tournaments with a high game load, they tend to hold things up. Btw: I do let freemiums join in tournaments where they only play 1 game at a time.

Q:What is your opinion on organizer neutrality? Should organizers be allowed to place themselves against their own clanmates in tournaments? Should organizers be allowed to join their own tournaments at all?

A: I don’t see why not. If they “cheat or abuse” they can be dealt with like any other player who does.

Q: Do you use a "schedule" for updating your tournaments, or do you just wait until they need an update?

A: I check my tournaments daily and update daily. Really isn’t much work if you do that consistently.

Q:Should “question marks” be allowed to join tournaments?

A: That is up to the organizer. I personally would not be enthusiastic about joining a tournament where “question marks” are allowed.

Q:Do you feel it is better to give a bye to players whose opponents deadbeats the tournament, or to use a reserve?

A: In general I say use a reserve, but in the first round only.

Q: If you could change one thing about Conquer Club in general, what would it be?

A: Can I change two please?
1.- Bring the original Middle Earth map back.
2.- Provide tournament privileges to run clan tournaments and clan wars.

Q: If there was something that the Conquer Club administrators could implement into the game to make tournaments easier to manage, what would it be? Similarly, is there anything you would like to see taken away from Conquer Club to make running tournaments easier?

A: Implement into the game: can’t think of anything. Implement in the tournament forum: something to find a tournament easier. I don’t know how though, maybe list them in alphabetical order? Take away: can’t think of anything.

Q: Is there anything that you would recommend to encourage new tournament organizers?

A: Give it a try, it’s fun! Make sure you’re well prepared and that you have the time for it, for as long as your tournament may last. Start with a small tournament, with simple set up. Don’t be afraid to ask the Tournament Directors or other Tournament Organizers for help, I have done that many times.

Q: List your top 5 biggest tournament headache's to this point

A: 1.- Abandoned tournaments.
2.- Players not joining in a timely manner.
3.- Not finding a certain tournament in the forum.
4.- Organizing clan tournaments and clan wars without tournament privileges.
5.- Playing with Daviedoo as my partner in my doubles tournaments. He can’t play for toffee, except on Feudal War.

Q:How much time does CC take from your day?

A: I really don’t want to answer that in case my wife reads this.

Q:Are you a member of any clans or usergroups?

A: Yes, I’m a council member of ++The Legion++ and a member of the Clan Leaders Association.

Q: Why did you pick the name Lindax?

A: My wife and I chose the names of our dogs as usernames. Too late I realized that Lindax would be perceived as a female username, I wish I could change it now! The x is there because Linda was already taken.
For a more exotic explanation, see my user profile.

Q:Where are you from?

A: I was born in Holland, grew up all over the globe and currently live in Mexico.

Q:Favourite play colour?

A: Any color but pink.

Q:Favourite and least favourite map?

A: Favorite: Middle Earth (even though it’s gone)
Least favorite: There are about half a dozen, most along the lines of Waterloo.

Q:If you were a CC map, what map would you be (and why)?

A: What kind of a question is that? Ok, Middle Earth, I’m a big Tolkien fan.

Q:Favourite settings?

A: Depends on the map, players, amount of players, etc. I play all settings. I don’t like adjacent forts very much, because I always forget it’s adjacent.

Q:Freestyle or sequential?

A: Sequential is definitely my favorite, however I do play freestyle sometimes.

Q: Any tournaments planned for the future? What are they?

A: 1.- My Lx Doubles Series continues, next one up is on New World.
2.- TLO 2009 is almost finished, I will set up the second edition soon, hopefully with a few more teams.
3.- I’m working on a “++The Legion++ Invitational” tournament. It will be a doubles tournament with public players teaming up with a Legion member.

Q:How does it feel to be interviewed?

A: Funny, made me think about things and realize a few things.

Q: Any parting shots?

A: 1.- There are many great tournaments and organizers out there that I have not mentioned in this interview.

2.- My apologies (especially to Tammy) for talking (or writing) so much.

Q: Thank you for your time.

A: Thank YOU for your Newsletter.

Interview With PaulusH

Notes

If you want your tournament included in a future issue, please PM Gozar using this form or visit this thread!:

----------------FORM-------------------
Status of tournament
Tournament Name(with link please)
Organiser: [Your name with 'player' tag]
Brief Description
(If recruiting) Approx. number of players needed
(If Ongoing) Approx. number of games remaining/percentage complete
---------------FORM---------------------

You can also write articles to submit for publishing, I can't keep this running by myself, I need YOUR help!

To subscribe/ unsubscribe for the tournament newsletter, visit this thread.
-
-
-

Staff
Editor in chief- Gozar
Graphics- Sir. Ricco/samuelc812
News Hound-blacky44 and sailorseal
Ask the Nutts- David Hoekstra
Fun Facts-sailorseal
Currently Taking Signups-jricart
Contributors- People like you!
Lieutenant Gozar

Re: Issue 78: 16/06/09

Postby jcstriker on Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:49 pm

very nice interview makes me wanna organise a tourney. hmm why not
=D> =D>
show: TOURNEY WINS

Colonel jcstriker

Postby Gozar on Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:25 am

jcstriker wrote:very nice interview makes me wanna organise a tourney. hmm why not
=D> =D>

Glad to hear it. :)
Lieutenant Gozar

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:31 am

Gozar wrote:Image
by sailorseal
Optimus Prime wrote:A new forum entitled Newsletters has been created to house all three of the popular community generated newsletters that have been circulating for a long time now. We felt it was about time they had a home of their own where members can find old issues, ask questions, make suggestions, and participate in the newsletter experience. The main Newsletters forum is where all the polls, subscription threads, requests for interview questions, and general newsletter discussions will take place. Added to that main forum are dedicated sub-forums for each newsletter that display all current and previous issues for the community to peruse and enjoy.
The chief newsletter editors have been given a title under their username of "Newsletter Editor" if they so desire to bring attention to the dedicated work they have performed so far.
Regards, Optimus Prime

Tournament discussion seems to have been slow this week so we felt,
Lets talk about us! and everyone who reads this
Recently our newsletter and been moved from its old home General Info, Q&A, Discussion to Tournament Newsletter, Newsletters now have their own forums!
Lets see what the community thinks:
jpcloet wrote:Great Start to the Summer!

Bruceswar wrote:Looks nice. Much better if you ask me. :)

sailorseal wrote:Awesome possum

Looks like success!

Wow...would it have been possible to gloss over the subject any more than this? I mean seriously...is the article designed to ACTUALLY "see what the community thought" or is the article designed simply to cheerlead? It seems pretty clear which...and that's not a good thing for the newsletter to carry, as far as I'm concerned.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby sailorseal on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:34 pm

I had a feeling when I saw you post it would be about my section.

Can't the community agree on something? I couldn't find a single negative.
Cook sailorseal

Postby owenshooter on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:51 pm

Woodruff wrote:Wow...would it have been possible to gloss over the subject any more than this? I mean seriously...is the article designed to ACTUALLY "see what the community thought" or is the article designed simply to cheerlead? It seems pretty clear which...and that's not a good thing for the newsletter to carry, as far as I'm concerned.

QFT... i mean, there were 3 whole comments about it... this was truly a fluff piece...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby e_i_pi on Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:17 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Wow...would it have been possible to gloss over the subject any more than this? I mean seriously...is the article designed to ACTUALLY "see what the community thought" or is the article designed simply to cheerlead? It seems pretty clear which...and that's not a good thing for the newsletter to carry, as far as I'm concerned.

QFT... i mean, there were 3 whole comments about it... this was truly a fluff piece...-0

Slow week in news fellas, there probably wasn't much to report on you know. Well, apart from that whole "auto-kicking of multis" thing that got implemented. :mrgreen:
Captain e_i_pi

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:38 pm

sailorseal wrote:I had a feeling when I saw you post it would be about my section.

Can't the community agree on something? I couldn't find a single negative.

I have discovered the problem, and it is mine not yours. I was confusing the "movement of the tournament newsletter" thread with "movement of the thread asking for opinions" thread. My mistake entirely. So...carry on.

However, it did seem to me that the article could've been a lot more indepth anyway. It seemed like it wasn't even really putting out much discussion about the topic at all. Much more could've been done, even if it was just you giving your opinion (unless gozar already said no to that <grin>). There wasn't any "meat" to it.

And for what it's worth, you seem to be implying that I don't like you, sailorseal. That's definitely not true at all...I find your enthusiasm a great thing for the site. Just so you know.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby sailorseal on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:13 pm

Thanks Woodruff, that made me happier :D

Yes there will be more meet in the next one, sorry about the short article, I was just busy.
Cook sailorseal

Return to Newsletter Archives