Conquer Club

Auto-kicking multies & logging end of turn

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Auto-kicking multies & logging end of turn

Postby Wolffystyle on Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:22 am

2cents = amazing!
Brigadier Wolffystyle

Postby mibi on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:04 am

A very useful update... nice!
Captain mibi

Postby zgubbins on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:14 pm

thank-you,guy's right on....great work keep it up,love this site !
Sergeant 1st Class zgubbins

Postby riodeishere on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:07 am

cramill wrote:
lackattack wrote:=================================================================================

Logging end of turn

Now you can always know exactly when a player clicked End Reinforcement in a no spoils game. The game log will now display either X ended the turn or X ended the turn and got spoils as the case may be. This should be particularly handy in shedding some light on confusing situations in freestyle games. :P

=================================================================================

Does this in any way get rid of the double turn exploit in Freestyle games? Or is this a step in getting rid of it?

sadly ths will not stop double turning but during freestyles you can easily tell if an opponent has ended turn, even if they didn't get a risk card. (previously you have been forced to watch the icon to the left of their name).
Captain riodeishere

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:43 am

The Freestyle concern is a whole different issue, and it may be something we can address in one of the next updates down the line.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby kratos644 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:59 am

AndyDufresne wrote:The Freestyle concern is a whole different issue, and it may be something we can address in one of the next updates down the line.

--Andy

But freestyle is perfect the way it is...
Just don't play it if you don't like it :P
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby targetman377 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:51 pm

wow i really like these changes sounds good to me
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby targetman377 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:52 pm

Mr_Adams wrote:much appreciated. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

BTW, did you guys know there is a max # of smilies in a message? You can only put 40!
:lol:

^^^^^^^^^ That's # 39, so here's 40 ;)

you have posted over a thousand times and you did not know that :-s :-s
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby wcaclimbing on Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:47 pm

chipv wrote:Hang tight. Something is coming soon (meaning days) and worth waiting for.

Is this the big update worth waiting for?
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:23 pm

wcaclimbing wrote:
chipv wrote:Hang tight. Something is coming soon (meaning days) and worth waiting for.

Is this the big update worth waiting for?

Nope. The big update was split into 3 by Lack. He saves the best for last, of course.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Timminz on Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:18 pm

Timminz wrote:

farmer.

Hmm... This is the first time I've checked this thread since making the above post. Seems I've stirred up something or other.

Just to clarify, as some of you may now know, I was making a joke. I don't actually think owenator is a farmer.

Anyway.... This is still a wonderful update.
Captain Timminz

Postby Mr_Adams on Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:34 pm

Yes, owenator is definetly not a farmer. that happens often in feudal games. people actualy avoid playing w/ newbies on feudal because of the way it scew the game play, and then the game gets filled w/ all new recruits. it's (almost) never intentional... :D
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby KoE_Sirius on Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:19 am

Awesome. =D>
Highest Rank 4th.
Major KoE_Sirius

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:24 pm

About Time! Thank you...
Major Phatscotty

Postby Mirkog on Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:48 pm

I'm still relatively new, only joined this year, but I've heard a bunch about multi-accounts. I often see the same players in multiple games, but I just figure it's the way they're signing up to a game (in batches), or co-ordinate with friends. I keep hovering around 30% wins & wonder how much I'm limited by truly unauthorized multi's.

How big is this issue? Does anyone have stats?
Corporal Mirkog

Postby lancehoch on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:04 pm

Mirkog wrote:I'm still relatively new, only joined this year, but I've heard a bunch about multi-accounts. I often see the same players in multiple games, but I just figure it's the way they're signing up to a game (in batches), or co-ordinate with friends. I keep hovering around 30% wins & wonder how much I'm limited by truly unauthorized multi's.

New stat: multis who post in announcement threads about multis get Busted 100% of the time.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby sully800 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:06 pm

lancehoch wrote:
Mirkog wrote:I'm still relatively new, only joined this year, but I've heard a bunch about multi-accounts. I often see the same players in multiple games, but I just figure it's the way they're signing up to a game (in batches), or co-ordinate with friends. I keep hovering around 30% wins & wonder how much I'm limited by truly unauthorized multi's.

New stat: multis who post in announcement threads about multis get Busted 100% of the time.

=D> I agree with your findings!
Major sully800

Postby king sam on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:32 pm

lancehoch wrote:

lance with the hammer of author-it-i
Sergeant king sam

Postby Linksniper on Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:26 pm

I'm not a regular poster, but after opening a ticket about a problem with this new update, I figured I'd check here. I found the nasty side effect to this new "fix"

Me and my teammate are about to lose to a player that missed about 10% of his turns. For reference look at this game;

We were, embarassingly enough, having more problems with these guys than we should have had. Blue in this game joins every doubles game he can find and missed turns constantly. Today, yellow got kicked out for cheating, and blue inherited all his territories. He now has 21 army bonus on the canadian map because he just inherited, and was able to complete all these nice new territory bonuses. Plus, he just missed a turn, so he gets 21 armies for a turn previously that his teammate was still here for!

He would have had 4 armies, with 4 armies deferred, but now he gets 21 armies with 21 armies deferred.

I'm confident that we would have won this game, since blue would have most likely missed more turns, but now yellow gets kicked for being a cheater and me and my team gets nailed for it? We'll lost our shirts in points on this game, and this is a fix that's going to stay?
Brigadier Linksniper

Postby king sam on Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:29 pm

I imagine a lot more posts like that will surface as the rest of CC sees the other side to this New Rule.

I posted about the disadvantages this can/will bring earlier in this thread and the answer I got in return is the same one that was used for letting multi's and cheats continue in their Active & Awaiting Games.
And that is "The overall result of those effected negatively by this rule is minor in the big scheme of things"

In my opinion it seems like one vice was traded for another, no real answer has been made that can make it fair to all, and if you are the unfortunate one on the side where your effected unjustly then your a sacrificial lamb.

But back on point I predict as more and more users see the 2 headed beast this rule really is you will get a revolt on it, just like it was when multi's & cheats could finish their games. I in this time have also noticed a huge, and I mean HUGE amount of claims in the C&A forum sprout up. Way more then normal, and my hypothesis to that is more and more meaningless accusations will feel that forum in hopes that a user that is about to lose a game can make a desperate attempt to catch another in a web of tangles and have them kicked out for breaking the rules...

KS
Sergeant king sam

Postby Linksniper on Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:43 pm

Why don't they just let the legitimate player have the option of playing both hands? Sure it'd be more work for the legitimate player, but it'd be fair to all.

The code would be something of a problem, but this site is full of genius's I reckon, so someone could code it.
Brigadier Linksniper

Postby ben79 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:38 am

king sam wrote:I imagine a lot more posts like that will surface as the rest of CC sees the other side to this New Rule.

I posted about the disadvantages this can/will bring earlier in this thread and the answer I got in return is the same one that was used for letting multi's and cheats continue in their Active & Awaiting Games.
And that is "The overall result of those effected negatively by this rule is minor in the big scheme of things"

In my opinion it seems like one vice was traded for another, no real answer has been made that can make it fair to all, and if you are the unfortunate one on the side where your effected unjustly then your a sacrificial lamb.

But back on point I predict as more and more users see the 2 headed beast this rule really is you will get a revolt on it, just like it was when multi's & cheats could finish their games. I in this time have also noticed a huge, and I mean HUGE amount of claims in the C&A forum sprout up. Way more then normal, and my hypothesis to that is more and more meaningless accusations will feel that forum in hopes that a user that is about to lose a game can make a desperate attempt to catch another in a web of tangles and have them kicked out for breaking the rules...

KS

why can't they just cancel the game, sounds easy to my ears ... i'm Linksniper's teamate !
Lieutenant ben79

Postby sully800 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:02 pm

ben79 wrote:why can't they just cancel the game, sounds easy to my ears ... i'm Linksniper's teamate !

If you cancel the games there would be just as many complaints on a slightly different topic. Let's think about all the games you are just about to win. The game hasn't finished yet, but there is no way it can be turned around, you just have to play it out. Your opponent is then busted as a multi and the game is canceled. Wouldn't you feel robbed of those points?

Linksniper wrote:I'm not a regular poster, but after opening a ticket about a problem with this new update, I figured I'd check here. I found the nasty side effect to this new "fix"

Me and my teammate are about to lose to a player that missed about 10% of his turns. For reference look at this game;

We were, embarassingly enough, having more problems with these guys than we should have had. Blue in this game joins every doubles game he can find and missed turns constantly. Today, yellow got kicked out for cheating, and blue inherited all his territories. He now has 21 army bonus on the canadian map because he just inherited, and was able to complete all these nice new territory bonuses. Plus, he just missed a turn, so he gets 21 armies for a turn previously that his teammate was still here for!

He would have had 4 armies, with 4 armies deferred, but now he gets 21 armies with 21 armies deferred.

I'm confident that we would have won this game, since blue would have most likely missed more turns, but now yellow gets kicked for being a cheater and me and my team gets nailed for it? We'll lost our shirts in points on this game, and this is a fix that's going to stay?

This is actually a bug, and not part of the new feature I believe. Blue did not own the continent when he missed his turn and therefore should not get those troops deferred. I'll post it in bug reports for you.

Linksniper wrote:Why don't they just let the legitimate player have the option of playing both hands? Sure it'd be more work for the legitimate player, but it'd be fair to all.

The code would be something of a problem, but this site is full of genius's I reckon, so someone could code it.

This one is actually a good suggestion. Many people would like to have 1v1 team games anyway (where each player is controlling both sides of a team) and this coding would have the same effect. It would be really nice, but I imagine it would take quite a while to add.
Major sully800

Postby jaseleo on Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:39 pm

Zander100 and I have just experianced this new update and its not very nice round 2 a guy gets kicked out for violating rules and everything goes to the other player there is just no way back into the game.
“Kill a man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you are a god.”
Sergeant jaseleo

Postby Linksniper on Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:06 pm

Thank you Sully for posting that in the bug folder. I put in a ticket, but was told the game has to stand as is. I'm sure it would take quite a while before we'd run into a situation this bizarre again.
Brigadier Linksniper

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives