Conquer Club

Free Premium & Game Invitations

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Free Premium & Game Invitations

Postby neanderpaul14 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:48 pm

I like the invite to games thing, however this sounds like a magnificent new tool for all the farmers out there. What is to prevent this invite from being abused?? Maybe I'm just being cynical or maybe some members of this site are already wearing out their keyboards inviting easy targets.
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby bjc23 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:11 pm

Will help farmers invite noobs to their games more easily...
Sergeant bjc23

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:27 pm

to farm or not to farm. that is the question
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby redhawk92 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:06 pm

JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:to farm or not to farm. that is the question

this will be used to farm
Captain redhawk92

Postby pimphawks70 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:19 pm

Someone must ask the obvious question: Is it illegal to send game invites to players you are confident you can beat (as long as their not question marks)?
Brigadier pimphawks70

Postby redhawk92 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:20 pm

pimphawks70 wrote:Someone must ask the obvious question: Is it illegal to send game invites to players you are confident you can beat (as long as their not question marks)?

this will be a gray area for a wile i think
Captain redhawk92

Postby pimphawks70 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:25 pm

kylegraves1 wrote:
pimphawks70 wrote:Someone must ask the obvious question: Is it illegal to send game invites to players you are confident you can beat (as long as their not question marks)?

this will be a gray area for a wile i think

That's why I was seeing if we could get an official statement, so the "gray areas" as you put it would be non-existent. If it's not clarified now then people are always at risk to have the "unofficial rules" invoked upon them ;)
Brigadier pimphawks70

Postby the.killing.44 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:27 pm

Not gray because the rules state "systematic farming of new recruits." low-ranked players are fine, as of now.

As for the whole farming issue, if you see someone abusing it just report them as usual.

Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby redhawk92 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:28 pm

i think that this will be abused
Captain redhawk92

Postby pimphawks70 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:33 pm

kylegraves1 wrote:i think that this will be abused

Really? Nah. When in the history of CC has anybody ever taken advantage of anything?

like you are your BS trivia score :roll:
Brigadier pimphawks70

Postby Namor on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:34 pm

jnd94 wrote:PROBLEMS:

(1- I was making games, and putting in people for reserves, and a player I didn't want to be in it joined. This in itself is not a problem because I can always just restart, but after reserving 7 people I realized this. Then I had to talk to them and tell them to drop it and why. Any way to fix that?

Maybe the invites could be sent out from the creation page.

That way, any slots needed for friends can be reserved prior to clicking 'Create'
Colonel Namor

Postby pimphawks70 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:36 pm

Namor wrote:
jnd94 wrote:PROBLEMS:

(1- I was making games, and putting in people for reserves, and a player I didn't want to be in it joined. This in itself is not a problem because I can always just restart, but after reserving 7 people I realized this. Then I had to talk to them and tell them to drop it and why. Any way to fix that?

Maybe the invites could be sent out from the creation page.

That way, any slots needed for friends can be reserved prior to clicking 'Create'

That would be helpful...
Brigadier pimphawks70

Postby redhawk92 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:40 pm

pimphawks70 wrote:
kylegraves1 wrote:i think that this will be abused

Really? Nah. When in the history of CC has anybody ever taken advantage of anything?

like you are your BS trivia score :roll:

leave that out of it
Captain redhawk92

Postby jako on Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:14 pm

loving this new feature lack. now i can fill my games up faster, both with friends and strangers alike. :D

=D> =D> =D>

Time to retire this much loved sig of mine with a new clan.
Lieutenant jako

Postby Strife on Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:31 pm

As much as I like free things, I distinctly remember my brother being scammed by trialpay. I believe he signed up for one, cancelled the subscription and still got charged for the expired subscription(It was for a privacy protection deal). And further he received lots of spam mail for "more free offers." Also, pretty much everything on the site requires a credit card. So, if you choose this method, I highly recommend canceling as soon as you get the trial unless you plan on paying for it. :?
Corporal Strife

Postby Teflon Kris on Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:33 pm

Very nice feature - especially useful for team games.

It would be really useful if it were possible to create a private game that doesn't oneself. Its a lot of messing around to set-up clan games /private tournaments.
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:11 pm

First I would like to say that it is always great to see Lack making changes on the site to try and improve it for the majority of the players on the site. It shows he cares and is willing to listen to what the players want and tries to make it better. However, I am going to admitt that this update does absolutely nothing for me. I recently been trying to clear the 2 vs 2 games up that are in waiting status since we have 30+ pages of total games that just sit there waiting for players to join. If I recall correctly, thats over 3000 games. Since this feature was added, the 2 vs 2 idle games have jumped from 100 waiting to now 225 games and I believe it is due to this. Players are now creating even more games at a faster rate since all they need to do is create the games and sit back and relax until everyone joins. I think this is worth watching as the next couple weeks go by to see how much more it will grow.

JR
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby demonfork on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:16 pm

JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:First I would like to say that it is always great to see Lack making changes on the site to try and improve it for the majority of the players on the site. It shows he cares and is willing to listen to what the players want and tries to make it better. However, I am going to admitt that this update does absolutely nothing for me. I recently been trying to clear the 2 vs 2 games up that are in waiting status since we have 30+ pages of total games that just sit there waiting for players to join. If I recall correctly, thats over 3000 games. Since this feature was added, the 2 vs 2 idle games have jumped from 100 waiting to now 225 games and I believe it is due to this. Players are now creating even more games at a faster rate since all they need to do is create the games and sit back and relax until everyone joins. I think this is worth watching as the next couple weeks go by to see how much more it will grow.

JR

What do you care if there are pages of games waiting to be joined?
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby mibi on Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:53 pm

JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:First I would like to say that it is always great to see Lack making changes on the site to try and improve it for the majority of the players on the site. It shows he cares and is willing to listen to what the players want and tries to make it better. However, I am going to admitt that this update does absolutely nothing for me. I recently been trying to clear the 2 vs 2 games up that are in waiting status since we have 30+ pages of total games that just sit there waiting for players to join. If I recall correctly, thats over 3000 games. Since this feature was added, the 2 vs 2 idle games have jumped from 100 waiting to now 225 games and I believe it is due to this. Players are now creating even more games at a faster rate since all they need to do is create the games and sit back and relax until everyone joins. I think this is worth watching as the next couple weeks go by to see how much more it will grow.

JR

right, I think the law of unintended consequences will come into play here. best keep an eye on it.
Captain mibi

Postby pimphawks70 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:52 pm

demonfork wrote:

JR

Does anybody else see the irony about JR, the one who asked for an increase in the number of games one could have waiting, complaining about the number of waiting games? That isn't a slam on him as a player, as I am well aware he is an excellent gamer, I'm just saying that his post, at least to me, seems fairly hypocritical...
Brigadier pimphawks70

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:41 am

pimphawks70 wrote:
demonfork wrote:

JR

Does anybody else see the irony about JR, the one who asked for an increase in the number of games one could have waiting, complaining about the number of waiting games? That isn't a slam on him as a player, as I am well aware he is an excellent gamer, I'm just saying that his post, at least to me, seems fairly hypocritical...

as always, everyone is looking for the flame. I admitted on the general forum for years I helped keep the total high and was now no longer creating games to add to the cause. Get with the program.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby khazalid on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:33 am

thanks to jr we can all sleep a little easier at night
had i been wise, i would have seen that her simplicity cost her a fortune
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby barterer2002 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:35 am

It would be nice if the PM stated what type of game it is. For instance I've been experimenting with it for tournament games but I understand from one of my players that he had a lot of these come in and almost missed that this was for a tournament. I believe the PM current states "You're Invited to a Game!" but if we could add in the type (Tournament, Private, Public) before the word Game it would be helpful.
Sergeant barterer2002

Postby giantrascal on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:44 am

giantrascal wrote:Just want to build on the idea of the tournoment use of this update.
Since sending out invites, one has replied saying that they don't like the particular map and declined it. I have since sent another pm saying that it was a tournoment game and that changed their mind. Another addition i would like to bring up is to write a message with the invite where you can say whatever you want.
ie: it's a tourny game, or here's a list of who's playing, or just to say 'hi'.

barterer2002 wrote:It would be nice if the PM stated what type of game it is. For instance I've been experimenting with it for tournament games but I understand from one of my players that he had a lot of these come in and almost missed that this was for a tournament. I believe the PM current states "You're Invited to a Game!" but if we could add in the type (Tournament, Private, Public) before the word Game it would be helpful.

Yup, I fully agree
Sergeant 1st Class giantrascal

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:23 am

barterer2002 wrote:It would be nice if the PM stated what type of game it is. For instance I've been experimenting with it for tournament games but I understand from one of my players that he had a lot of these come in and almost missed that this was for a tournament. I believe the PM current states "You're Invited to a Game!" but if we could add in the type (Tournament, Private, Public) before the word Game it would be helpful.

I almost deleted it as spam since I received so many invites. I want this deactivated. I dont want the extra PM's.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives