Conquer Club

Greasemonkey Script Assault Odds

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: NEW: Assault Odds

Postby OliverFA on Sun May 03, 2009 4:01 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

AMAZING!

Really good job, chipv!
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Postby chipv on Mon May 04, 2009 2:36 pm

*repeatedly bashing head against brick wall trying to fix a problem with statistics*

There is a fix for clickable maps (typing in numbers affected CM during turn)
and some other fix which I can't remember...
Captain chipv

Postby chipv on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:24 am

Google Chrome users can use this script now - see viewtopic.php?f=59&t=73696#p2137958 for
details of how to install.
Captain chipv

Postby danryan on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:29 am

Brilliant little tool. Absolutely essential, almost more so than BOB to me on small maps.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby Shino Tenshi on Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:00 am

Excellent script chipv, thanks a lot for your work :)

Any chance we can have a 'hide/show' option added to the menu on the left? While the script is extremely useful when trying to figure out odds for certain runs, particularly for killing, I don't need it for most of the turns I take and with all the other add-ons I have running, it adds to the bulk of stuff that needs to be scrolled through.

Thanks again for the awesome script :)
Captain Shino Tenshi

Postby chipv on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:33 am

Just disable the script when you don't need it.
Captain chipv

Postby peacemakers on Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:22 pm

i've only recently just found this thread, i've not looked through plugsins and addons in the forums until now, and i'm concerned about this. i'm sure this is a pretty cool toy and chipv has put heaps of work into it, and by saying this i'm not meaning to discredit his efforts, but why should this be allowed? to attack or not to attack, to attempt to take someone out or not, how many troops to deploy & reinforce, to leave how many to protect bonuses; those decisions are precisely what this game is about. that is where the skill lies.

i feel cheated to know that i may have lost games to people who have had this add-on, who perhaps were told the probability of taking me out, to 17 decimal places, and how many troops they'll have leftover. this is a worrying trend. by allowing such tools as this, we are lowering the skill content of the game, and enhancing the luck element (dice & drop). what makes risk/cc great, is that it's predominantly a game of skill, with luck involved. I do not want to see it become a game of luck, with skill involved. i liken this to performance enhancing drugs in sport, as this is a performance enhancing tool.

i will never use this, no disrepect to you chipv, and if people have this and read this post i would appreciate then not playing me. foe me if you like. but if you lose to me, i will win unassisted. i hope when i lose to people, it's the same.

i hope i'm not the only person who doesn't agree with this direction. it's bordering on cheating. and where will it stop?
Major peacemakers

Postby lgoasklucyl on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:59 pm

Urm, quick question for you Peacemakers, which of these scenarios more fits into the category of 'luck' and which into 'skill' (because, after reading your post, I can't help but believe that we were raised with very, very different definitions of the words...):

a. An individual drops 15 troops to take out another player. That player did no calculations before hand (not even the number of troops the other player has) and managed to have amazing dice and take the player out.

b. An individual the same # of troops, but fails miserably, again- due to dice, seeing as he failed to plan ahead and check the number of troops he was up against.

c. An individual plans ahead a few turns to take out another player, waiting until the odds are ON HIS SIDE and he won't have to rely on dice to properly (at least, with a good chane) take out the other player.

In the first two scenarios, the individual does not rely on skill. If you are not making calculations on your attacks and relying on dice/luck- you are not a skilled player. If the same individual plans a kill using the proper odds and statistics, he has more luck? How is that so? That players has more brains and foresight, not luck.

To play a turn without the advantage on your side is foolish, and that is how you will lose games. Dice/drops still happen, but removing an entirely logical advantage (statistics) to instead make random guesses on attacks simply doesn't make sense.

This script doesn't change your dice, make you any faster, or give you some sort of edge other players couldn't have if they sat for more than 45 seconds to think out a turn. It simply helps you make calculations anyone with 'skill' should be making (aka: anyone who doesn't want to rely on the luck of the dice/drop to win a game).

Thanks for the AWESOME script chip. You never fail to amaze me :D
Sergeant 1st Class lgoasklucyl

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:15 pm

What he is saying is that people should have to count for themselves rather than have a program do it for them. I have no beef with this program and can be a useful tool. Nicely done chip!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby lgoasklucyl on Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:27 pm

Some of us aren't godly with statistics, like Mr. Chip, and cannot do aforementioned calculations in our heads.

Have a number doesn't give you an edge like CM does, it gives you foresight and tactics (aka: skill).
Sergeant 1st Class lgoasklucyl

Postby sashabear on Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:02 am

uh dahhhh, hmmm,. 1+1 is two, uhhh dahhhhhhh, two + two is uuhhhh .... hmmmm uhhhh 4 and uhhhh ..
Corporal 1st Class sashabear

Postby peacemakers on Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:21 am

lgoas, i think you may have misunderstood parts of my post.

lgoasklucyl wrote: If the same individual plans a kill using the proper odds and statistics, he has more luck? How is that so?

when did i ever say or imply that? never.

lgoasklucyl wrote: If you are not making calculations on your attacks and relying on dice/luck- you are not a skilled player.

so you agree that making calculations on your attacks is a skill. good. so, by taking that away from people, we are removing a possible skill advantage, levelling the playing field. which then means that luck has a greater role to play because there is less of a skill differential.

lgoasklucyl wrote: This script doesn't change your dice, make you any faster, or give you some sort of edge other players couldn't have if they sat for more than 45 seconds to think out a turn. It simply helps you make calculations anyone with 'skill' should be making

yes it doesn't change your dice, possibly could help you move quicker in a speed/freestyle game and it most definitely gives you an edge of other players. you even say so yourself:

lgoasklucyl wrote: To play a turn without the advantage on your side is foolish

using your words, how can it be an advantage when you've just said that it doesn't give you an edge? Maybe we were raised differently, because you are saying two contradicting things.

maybe it's the difference between thinking that you have a pretty good chance at taking someone out or you have a 79.59372639592% chance of taking them out. how great the difference between the two will depend on the players skill in comparison to the calculator.
Major peacemakers

Postby yowzer14 on Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:23 pm

peacemakers wrote:i feel cheated to know that i may have lost games to people who have had this add-on, who perhaps were told the probability of taking me out, to 17 decimal places, and how many troops they'll have leftover.

And if you beat everyone that has it would it matter so much? The addon does not guarantee victory by any means, those dastardly CC dice play a much larger role...

Mathematicians do their part in any warfare, why not on conquer club and since we all have a fairly decent calculator at our disposal, why not use it?
Private 1st Class yowzer14

Postby Sargeant_Pepper on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:09 am

Why am I getting so many NaN? (ignore the top 3rd, the results below are for PathFinder). I'd like to know the MINIMUM number of troops i Need to completely wipe out yellow, say maybe 75% or higher.

I think an improvement to this script would using, say, ranges of attackers, versus a static # of defenders, like 5-10 vs 5, and it show me the odds of 5vs5, and then 6vs5, 7vs5, .... all INDEPENDENTLY of each other. Then I can gauge how many troops I want to use/expend/sacrifice based on my results.

A "clear all" button would be nice, to reset everything back to NULL, without refreshing my page (BOB is slow ...)
Visit Felipe Alvarez's website.
Private 1st Class Sargeant_Pepper

Postby BruceJuice on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:21 am

I'd love to know the odds of a army of 450 going against 330, but each time I tried to calculate, it crashed.

I don't know if it's my machine, or what, but it doesn't seem to like really big numbers. These situations could easily happen in maps like City Mogul or something where there are large numbers of troops deployed.
Lieutenant BruceJuice

Postby chipv on Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:11 pm

1.0.2 is now compatible with latest site changes.

Please update this immediately, under certain circumstances you may get a lock on the game page.

Click on New Update Available (doesn't flash red currently due to another change, should be ok next time).
Captain chipv

Postby nippersean on Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:31 pm

peacemakers wrote:i've only recently just found this thread, i've not looked through plugsins and addons in the forums until now, and i'm concerned about this. i'm sure this is a pretty cool toy and chipv has put heaps of work into it, and by saying this i'm not meaning to discredit his efforts, but why should this be allowed? to attack or not to attack, to attempt to take someone out or not, how many troops to deploy & reinforce, to leave how many to protect bonuses; those decisions are precisely what this game is about. that is where the skill lies.

i feel cheated to know that i may have lost games to people who have had this add-on, who perhaps were told the probability of taking me out, to 17 decimal places, and how many troops they'll have leftover. this is a worrying trend. by allowing such tools as this, we are lowering the skill content of the game, and enhancing the luck element (dice & drop). what makes risk/cc great, is that it's predominantly a game of skill, with luck involved. I do not want to see it become a game of luck, with skill involved. i liken this to performance enhancing drugs in sport, as this is a performance enhancing tool.

i will never use this, no disrepect to you chipv, and if people have this and read this post i would appreciate then not playing me. foe me if you like. but if you lose to me, i will win unassisted. i hope when i lose to people, it's the same.

i hope i'm not the only person who doesn't agree with this direction. it's bordering on cheating. and where will it stop?

I used to use the gamesbyemail before this one, or my particular skills with probabalities
But as you say this is the tip of the iceberg. I also now have a script that tells me what cards everyone else has, my next card,
and what decision each player will make 2 moves in advance.

Yet I still find this game challenging.
Possibly the skill factor or those darned random dice.

Who knows?
Good luck in banning calculators and computers worldwide.
Brigadier nippersean

Postby squishyg on Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:30 pm

Never tell me the odds!

Cool idea, nonetheless.
Captain squishyg

Postby stealth99 on Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:30 am

Forget this, already found my answer, thanks great script.
Cook stealth99

Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada......oldest and most easterly city in north america

Re: Greasemonkey Script Assault Odds

Postby faldska on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:28 pm

Would it be possible to add an On/Off button to the left-side menu? It would be nice to turn them on and off so they don't obscure other info (BOB..) Just a thouhgt. Otherwise its a great Addon. thanks
Private faldska

Postby AlaricusTheGreat on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:44 pm

Hey I installed this add-on and it wont show up on my games, whats going on?
ALARICUS: meaning "all-powerful; ruler of all." Latin name composed of the Germanic elements ala "all" and ric "power; rule," hence "all-powerful; ruler of all."
Cook AlaricusTheGreat

Postby AlaricusTheGreat on Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:20 pm

forget it, its working now
ALARICUS: meaning "all-powerful; ruler of all." Latin name composed of the Germanic elements ala "all" and ric "power; rule," hence "all-powerful; ruler of all."
Cook AlaricusTheGreat

Postby AlaricusTheGreat on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:11 am

hey im having problems with it again. its not showing up. does anybody else have this problem.
Cook AlaricusTheGreat

Postby ender516 on Mon May 10, 2010 11:56 am

Please note that unlike BOB, whose menu appears on the left pretty much everywhere, this tool only appears on the actual game page, that is, after you have clicked "Enter Game". Are you still having problems?
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby darth emperor on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:32 pm

It seems that only works in games where you are playing...
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives