Conquer Club

Free Premium & Game Invitations

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Free Premium & Game Invitations

Postby Mr_Adams on Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:46 pm

that makes sense. thanks NS =)
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby n00blet on Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Great work! I love the additions!

Only one small problem I see with the Game Invitations is that players can invite anyone to a Tournament game. This could potentially disrupt and delay tournaments if a player accidentally (or otherwise..) invited nonparticipants to the game. I suppose this has always been a problem, as Tournament games are just private games with a header, but with the invitations it seems to me that there is at least the chance that it could happen inadvertently. Perhaps only the Tournament Organizer should be able to invite players to Tournament games?

In any event, I must say I like the way this site is progressing. :)
Captain n00blet

Postby Night Strike on Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:56 pm

n00blet wrote:Great work! I love the additions!

Only one small problem I see with the Game Invitations is that players can invite anyone to a Tournament game. This could potentially disrupt and delay tournaments if a player accidentally (or otherwise..) invited nonparticipants to the game. I suppose this has always been a problem, as Tournament games are just private games with a header, but with the invitations it seems to me that there is at least the chance that it could happen inadvertently. Perhaps only the Tournament Organizer should be able to invite players to Tournament games?

If as an organizer you find a player inviting non-tournament-participants to the games, I would give them a warning then kick them out of your tournament if they do it again. Or just kick them straight out of the tournament. (As a TD, I would support either one.)
Major Night Strike

Postby Vertigo on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:53 am

One solution that would help with missing tournament games and with excessive PMs might be to add another tab/link at the top of MY GAMES page that says something like INVITED. Then you get a page where you can see all the settings, etc. of the invited game including if it is a tournament game.

Then when you are invited to a game, the MY GAMES link could say [1 NEW] similar to when you get a PM.
Sergeant 1st Class Vertigo

Fix Game Finder???

Postby kmhebert on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:40 pm

Seriously why is this not done yet.
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby barterer2002 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:29 pm

Night Strike wrote:
n00blet wrote:Great work! I love the additions!

If as an organizer you find a player inviting non-tournament-participants to the games, I would give them a warning then kick them out of your tournament if they do it again. Or just kick them straight out of the tournament. (As a TD, I would support either one.)

I actually like it the way it is now. when one of my teammates isn't joining the game I can just reserve them the slot and get them in rather than having to wait for the TO to do it.

My experience after a week or so of using this is that it'll be helpful in some situations and not as much in others but that's true with most things and its a great addition.
Sergeant barterer2002

Postby Kotaro on Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:57 pm

Any chance we can get an auto-join game on the PM's we get for the invites?
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Lieutenant Kotaro

Postby Lindax on Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:38 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Forza AZ wrote:For my tournament I now send PM's. I think I will try the invite option for the next round of games.

However not everybody joins the games within 24 hours. Is there a way to make sure either the spot stays reserved for longer, or the invite PM will not delete automatically after 24 hours, so players can still join the game later on without me needing to send them the password via a new PM.

Lack opted for a 24 hour reserveration since currently Conquer Club mostly operates on a 24 hour time-scale---think of Turn times for Sequential and Freestyle, etc. If there is enough demand for a longer reserveration period, we can look into that after the 24 hour reserveration has had some time for us to acquire data.

--Andy

So far this is working great for me in tournaments, although I don't use it for all my tournament games. I would very much welcome a 48 hour period instead of the 24, then I would use it a lot more....

I also understand the problems with using it for speed games, would be nice though, if there was a way to solve those issues. I would definitely use it for speed games.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby barterer2002 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:24 am

Kotaro wrote:Any chance we can get an auto-join game on the PM's we get for the invites?

This would be a nice feature.
Sergeant barterer2002

Postby Forza AZ on Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:05 am

I think reserving games in private or tournament games should be exclusive for the player that set-up the game.
In 1 of my tournament doubles games, 1 player joined and then accidently send out an invite to 1 of his friends (who is not in the tournament), which resulted in this friend being teamed up with 1 of the players of the opposing team.
If reserving is only exclusive for the tournament organiser, this kind of mistake can be prevented.
Highest score: 3130 (9 July 2009)
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby targetman377 on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:38 am

thanks lack again for making another great addon to an already great site
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby ManBungalow on Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:51 pm

Nice work, as always.

I don't understand why I can't reserve spots in speed games though :-s
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby pimphawks70 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:45 pm

ManBungalow wrote:Nice work, as always.

My guess is that people would reserve a spot for somebody who they know won't join, and purposely delay the start of the game...
Brigadier pimphawks70

Postby a.sub on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:45 pm

pimphawks70 wrote:

My guess is that people would reserve a spot for somebody who they know won't join, and purposely delay the start of the game...

make the expiration time to 5 mins
Cadet a.sub

Postby ManBungalow on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:46 pm

a.sub wrote:
pimphawks70 wrote:

make the expiration time to 5 mins

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby laddida on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:54 am

not sure where to add this this was the only thread i could find really on the reserve spot feature. Also not sure if its already been said. But i would like a pm sent to me if the person i invited rejected my invite cause i was un aware of the rejection until some random people that i didnt really want in the game joined up. Also maybe in italics show who it is you have reserved the spot for. After reserving quite a few games i kinda got my teams mixed up as well in which games i wanted them in. Also there should be a feature where you pick 3 names and you get the choice to add those 3 partners to multiple games without having to re choose them for every game. Just a thought, this feature is really really nice though :)

ps- also maybe 48 hours instead of 24? just incase that person invited doesnt see the pm or were in a hurry and dont read the pms... it happens not the only one to have a reserved spot not takin in time and someone else joined at first i didnt even know it was only 24 hours thought i had longer.

It was brought up and i thought it was a good idea if someone rejects or doesnt join in time the spot should stay reserved and a pm sent asking would you like to reserve this spot for another player before opening it up to the public.
General laddida

Postby laddida on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:23 pm

did i post that in the wrong thread? lol not much response :-P
General laddida

Postby Halmir on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:25 am

A great move forward, I like it lots. =D> =D> =D>

For the next update, can we have the option of selecting those off our Friends list to invite i.e u click the invite, u can then add in people by name, or mass invite ur friends by checking a box against their name? This just makes things a lot slicker in inviting ur regular homies:-)

Still, it's a definite improvement, who said things never changed around here (apart from me :oops: :D)
Lieutenant Halmir

Postby lackattack on Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:34 pm

Namor wrote:
jnd94 wrote:PROBLEMS:

(1- I was making games, and putting in people for reserves, and a player I didn't want to be in it joined. This in itself is not a problem because I can always just restart, but after reserving 7 people I realized this. Then I had to talk to them and tell them to drop it and why. Any way to fix that?

Maybe the invites could be sent out from the creation page.

That way, any slots needed for friends can be reserved prior to clicking 'Create'

There is a risk that someone can slip into the game before you reserve all the spots, but we might add the ability to reserve multiple spots at once in the future. I'd prefer that over adding invites to the start a game page, which could encourage more game starting instead of joining.

jnd94 wrote:Also, is there somewhere where it shows who you have invited to your games? There is nothing in the outbox or sent messages :?

barterer2002 wrote:Or at the very least notify the TO that this player isn't accepting invites.

There is currently no way to see invitations you have sent or whether they are rejected. This feature could also be added in the future.

Beckytheblondie wrote:I join a quads game with team 1 reserved by creator. I invite three members to join me on team two. One of my invites declines leaving an open spot. Creator quickly after invites an unknown player to join my team, I think. I didn't invite another player.

Is this legal?

Yes :)

potiusmori wrote:Oh... Idea/Annoyance I'm seeing with the reservation system.

I've seen a few games now where it's set up as follows:
(2 player map)
slot 1: -open-
slot 2: -reserved-

Is there any point in maintaining reservations when no other players are holding slots (outside of possibly a tournament game)? Shouldn't the game, upon last "active" player leaves the reservations be removed/game destroyed, similar as to what happens when the last player leaves a game without reservations?

That game should have been destroyed :? If you find another example please post the game number and I'll check it out.

Vertigo wrote:One solution that would help with missing tournament games and with excessive PMs might be to add another tab/link at the top of MY GAMES page that says something like INVITED. Then you get a page where you can see all the settings, etc. of the invited game including if it is a tournament game.

Then when you are invited to a game, the MY GAMES link could say [1 NEW] similar to when you get a PM.

Interesting... We could add a tab to My Games for Invited Games as well.

Kotaro wrote:Any chance we can get an auto-join game on the PM's we get for the invites?

So that you save a click? I guess so, as long long as it doesn't complicate the PM too much.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby cassivellaunos on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:05 pm

Is it possible to the TrialPay pay system in other countries than the USA? Or has it just offers from only the USA?
Cadet cassivellaunos

Postby lackattack on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:18 am

USA has the most offers but most countries have as well. Try clicking on the TrialPay button and see what offers they list for you :idea:
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Blitzaholic on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:25 am

nice job with this

respects, blitz
General Blitzaholic

Postby soundman on Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:13 pm

Game 5392508 Well this is odd... Game 5448937
Lieutenant soundman

Postby trinicardinal on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:21 am

lackattack wrote:USA has the most offers but most countries have as well. Try clicking on the TrialPay button and see what offers they list for you :idea:

Every time I check I only get 1 offer... and that's from Australia! halfway around the world from me.... Strange thing is the first time I checked there were 4 pages of offers
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby luapie on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:04 am

More members, haha your server cant handle it!!!!
Sergeant 1st Class luapie

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives