Conquer Club

Ahoy, Bon Voyage, & Sailing into New Waters

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:12 am

Ahoy Ahoy Conquer Club Members,

As you know we've been adding to Team CC in the past couple of weeks, and it is with my pleasure to announce that the Cartography Assistants---those Blue Team CC Volunteers who help facilitate the production of new maps in the Map Foundry---will be aquiring a new member, thenobodies80! He will be joining the ranks of MrBenn and Iancanton, our other two current Cartography Assistants.

So please, welcome thenobodies80 aboard Team CC, specifically as a Cartography Assistant. Ahoy!

========================================

As thenobodies80 joins the Cartography Assistant team, it is with some sorrow to announce that I will be resigning as Foundry Foreman. I suppose it is only time---I've had a good run as Foundry Foreman over the past couple of years. I've seen the Map list grow from 5 to 135 Maps, and it has been a whirlwind of fun. However, lately I've been unable to devote the time to the Map Foundry that it deserves, and I hate to see it suffer anymore because of a busy and stubborn old monkey.

I'd like to thank all of those who have participated in the Map Foundry over the years---it was my first home on Conquer Club and the first part of the website I really enjoyed. Many thanks to all the friends I made in there! Thanks to all our regular users and helpers. Additionally, I am unable to thank all my Cartography Assistants---past and present---enough for all their sustained support and hardwork. Banana bunches to the past Cartography Assistants of Keyogi, Cairnswk, Coleman, Gimil, Oaktown, and of course our current ones of MrBenn and Iancanton, and our new member thenobodies80.

I still plan to be active in the Foundry, commenting on topics and maps, and helping out where I can. So I'm not really sailing too far away. ;)

Thanks to everyone, thanks to the Map Foundry. Bon Voyage.

========================================

And so with thenobodies80 joining the Cartography Assistant Team, and myself resigning, it is with my pleasure that I announce that MrBenn, long-time Cartography Assistant, will be stepping up to fill the Foundry Foreman position, leading the Cartography Assistants and the Foundry into new waters with a fresh set of eyes, ideas, and goals. I know the Map Foundry will be in good hands with him, and the other Cartography Assistants---albeit an all European team now with my departure!

So congratulations, MrBenn. (You will still probably receive my weekly shipment of Bananas to my old office---just forward them, most of them at least, to me please.) ;) Cheers for sailing into new waters.

Well, many bananas to everyone,

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Re: Ahoy, Bon Voyage, & Sailing into New Waters

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:17 am

cool...
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby killerpit4e on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:32 am

awwwww there will be no monkey to harass to get maps quenched any more :cry:
you will be missed as the foundry forhand monkey
throws the alpha monkey a bag full of bananas good job as the foundry forhand
Private 1st Class killerpit4e

Postby the.killing.44 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:38 am

Sad to see ya leave the post, Andy.

And to my friend Mr. Nobodies, what is there to say that hasn't been already said? ;)
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby cairnswk on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:21 pm

Well, what can i say....I'm dismayed! :o
I never thought i'd see the day. I'll have to rename Bananaland on CCC now. :lol:
Andy, we all have smooth and rocky roads to travel sometimes and you and i have experienced both those hills and valleys.
However, from my heart, I sincerely wish you all the very best of fortune for whatever is in your future, and thank you for the journey and experiences. Your stewardship of the Foundry has been most remarkable.
Well done old chap! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby nagerous on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:40 pm

Shame to see you retire from Foundry Foreman Andy, best of luck with all your future endeavours! Also, congrats to thenobodies80, an awesome guy, definitely a good choice there and I'm sure he'll do a great job.
Captain nagerous

Postby john9blue on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:56 pm

Aww really? Well hope you stick around Andy. :)
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby MrBenn on Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:32 pm

Alas, poor Andy, I knew him Conquerors, a monkey of infinite bananas, of most excellent fancy. He hath bore the foundry brand a hundred(ish) times.

Soft, what light through yonder foundry breaks? It is the East, and nobodies is the sun...

Is this a forge I see before me? It's furnace before my brand? Out damned banana. Will this foundry ne'er be clean?
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:35 pm

I am not sure how to react. I hope you are not totally going away from your mod duties! Anyhow many bananas for you! Thanks for all the hard work!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby whitestazn88 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:33 pm

damn. i suppose its for the best now that you're community manager or whatever it is exactly. mrbenn is great, so the foundry should continue to churn out quality maps. and congrats to thenobodies
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby sully800 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:53 pm

Congrats on the promotions nobodies and Mr. Benn! I'm sure the foundry is in great hands.

I'm also sure that Andy will linger in the foundry area, but it's understandable that his time has been limited since becoming an admin.
Major sully800

Postby sailorseal on Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:14 pm

Congrats to all! Sad to see you leave Andy :(
Cook sailorseal

Postby Qwert on Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:59 pm

I dont belive on that-he will be on shadow and watching-he will never go.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby RjBeals on Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:50 am

Mr. Benn - hope you still remain humble. You're very well liked by most in the foundry. Andy, I think this is a good move for you. I think you've been too busy. You used to have really good feedback on maps. Nobodies - congrats. you're perfect for the job.
Private RjBeals

Return to Announcement Archives