Conquer Club

Manual Initial Troop Placement

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Manual Initial Troop Placement

Postby klut2z on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:27 am

sailorc wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:=D>

Wait till you try it.. that fog round was a bad idea... it needed to be no fog to make this cool. I really hope lack looks into this!

The fog round is there so you don't just wait to see where your enemy deployed, and base your strategy on that. It would be unfair to whoever placed troops first.

BTW, nice update. =D>

haven't tried the manual setting, but i do agree with some of the comments that someone with a lucky drop will be doubly lucky with the fog round, just protecting their bonus.

just a suggestion, would it be possible to show which colors own which territories, but keep it "fogged" on the number of troops placed on the map till the game starts? territories can be marked with "x" instead of the number of troops during the fog round.
Captain klut2z

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:30 am

klut2z wrote:
sailorc wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:=D>

Wait till you try it.. that fog round was a bad idea... it needed to be no fog to make this cool. I really hope lack looks into this!

The fog round is there so you don't just wait to see where your enemy deployed, and base your strategy on that. It would be unfair to whoever placed troops first.

BTW, nice update. =D>

haven't tried the manual setting, but i do agree with some of the comments that someone with a lucky drop will be doubly lucky with the fog round, just protecting their bonus.

just a suggestion, would it be possible to show which colors own which territories, but keep it "fogged" on the number of troops placed on the map till the game starts? territories can be marked with "x" instead of the number of troops during the fog round.

It does that already, but still does not solve the problem
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby pimphawks70 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:32 am

Looks cool...

Thanks lack
Brigadier pimphawks70

Postby Natewolfman on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:36 am

nice. You have to place it up as im on my way out? I dont get to enjoy this one for quite a while lol
Sergeant 1st Class Natewolfman

Postby waseemalim on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:47 am

wow. this should be awesome.
Life is what happens while you are busy playing Conquer Club.
Brigadier waseemalim

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:50 am

waseemalim wrote:wow. this should be awesome.

That is what I said till I tested it.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby ofthe on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:54 am

I will forever be remembered as the guy who was first to ever win a manual game:

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=5598531

2009-09-16 05:27:03 - ofthe won the game

I won the first manual speed?

Either way it's awesome! Thanks lack for getting this done

Before I posted that I checked the other games and it turns out I beat you two by 15 seconds. :P
Corporal 1st Class ofthe

Postby HighlanderAttack on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:02 am

Be one of the first to join a tourney with these settings:

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=96806

Anyone can join, just go post.

Starting a second one as well with large amount of people.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby HighlanderAttack on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:10 am

Here is the big tourney

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=96808
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby musteriuz on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:22 am

I'll avoid this setting at all costs - even if it is on principle only.
Highest score: 2159 Highest rank: 486
(How are the mighty fallen)
[Tourney achievements are on my wall]
Sergeant 1st Class musteriuz

Postby Beckytheblondie on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:26 am

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO. Double turn freestyle loophole activated. Stall to drop troops and begin first round of play w/o opponent present.
2011-11-07 14:19:43 - StinknLincoln: whoa, what happened?
2011-11-07 14:19:50 - Beckytheblondie: Becky happened
Captain Beckytheblondie

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:37 am

Beckytheblondie wrote:NO, NO, NO, NO, NO. Double turn freestyle loophole activated. Stall to drop troops and begin first round of play w/o opponent present.

Bingo! Farmers are with pitchforks in hand and ready to rock.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby trinicardinal on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:47 am

Well we'll have to see how this thing works out. will try it but I don't know If i will play it regularly.... depends on how it goes
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby -Maximus- on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:54 am

Whats wrong with sequential placement and no fog. Yes takes more rounds to even start the game, but would be the real "initial troop placement"
Could even make each map have a specific round limit to get all the troops deployed by forcing X amount of troops be placed per round.

Of course keep the freestyle fog option for those brave souls that like it.
If you wrong me I will hunt you down and destroy you.
Major -Maximus-

Postby PJDH on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:55 am

There are a lot of problems with this thing I see!!

Well, I think I have a solution!!!
1. Decide the order of play as before which will be enforced in sequential games after the deployment!!
2. Deployment round should be freestyle 24 our turn but FOG/NOFOG option should be the same as the initial settings!! (that way people who wanted the same game as the board can have it entirely)
3. In freestyle games the player who is the last to deploy is treated as he ended the turn so he cant start first until the half of the round time has passed!!

p.s. I dont think that this would be played much even with the corrections especially freestyle and 5 or more player games, but if you like it why not!!

There was an interesting idea a while back, which was rather supported by the CC community!!
It was a choice to play a game without the dice!! (exm. attack 7 to 5: you lose 5 to kill 5, so you advance with only 1). I forgot the exact name of the post...
Maybe You could give it a taught!!
Last edited by PJDH on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
General PJDH

Postby pmchugh on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:04 am

I gave it a shot on 1v1 world 2.1 and got the first turn. I was like bingo! so I went about destroying his stacks and took a bonus or two. I missed one stack because it was not where i expected him to build and he somehow then managed to come back and win. I am still unsure what i did wrong but I guess going first isn't everything.

I am going to try it in a few team games and see what happens.

But I am not going to give up on it as quickly as dear old brucie :P
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:09 am

While it may not be perfected yet, I think this update will be a lot of fun in the long run. Don't give up on it so easily. Keep in mind that it is poor strategy to just stack in one spot and hope to have the first turn. Lucky if it happens? Most definitely, but more often than not you are just going to shoot yourself in the foot with that strategy. ;)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:12 am

Optimus Prime wrote:While it may not be perfected yet, I think this update will be a lot of fun in the long run. Don't give up on it so easily. Keep in mind that it is poor strategy to just stack in one spot and hope to have the first turn. Lucky if it happens? Most definitely, but more often than not you are just going to shoot yourself in the foot with that strategy. ;)

its more the fact of freestyle 1v1. anyone who is willing to wait around can take mega advantage of it
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby AAFitz on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:26 am

trinicardinal wrote:Well we'll have to see how this thing works out. will try it but I don't know If i will play it regularly.... depends on how it goes

I will assume you did not enjoy how that went....sorry
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby waseemalim on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:30 am

Optimus Prime wrote:While it may not be perfected yet, I think this update will be a lot of fun in the long run. Don't give up on it so easily. Keep in mind that it is poor strategy to just stack in one spot and hope to have the first turn. Lucky if it happens? Most definitely, but more often than not you are just going to shoot yourself in the foot with that strategy. ;)

If I can get 50% odds playing vs. people with 3x my points, its awesome. But agreed about not giving up hope on it.
Life is what happens while you are busy playing Conquer Club.
Brigadier waseemalim

Postby Beckytheblondie on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:33 am

PJDH wrote:Well, I think I have a solution!!!
1. Decide the order of play as before which will be enforced in sequential games after the deployment!!
2. Deployment round should be freestyle 24 our turn but FOG/NOFOG option should be the same as the initial settings!! (that way people who wanted the same game as the board can have it entirely)
3. In freestyle games the player who is the last to deploy is treated as he ended the turn so he cant start first until the half of the round time has passed!!

Yep, agreed and supported.
2011-11-07 14:19:43 - StinknLincoln: whoa, what happened?
2011-11-07 14:19:50 - Beckytheblondie: Becky happened
Captain Beckytheblondie

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:36 am

Surely you remember unlimited forts in doubles? Those used to be all the rage until people figured it out.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby AAFitz on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:39 am

Bruceswar wrote:

Surely you remember unlimited forts in doubles? Those used to be all the rage until people figured it out.

actually on world, i still play it exclusively...it ironically makes for the most fair setting... not all agree, but those who play it the most do

so far, i will probably win every game, except the one where the other player jumped in before i gutted him... if I waited till he was gone... i had that one too... only one more is iffy, but only if i mess up i think
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby lackattack on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:45 am

PJDH wrote:Well, I think I have a solution!!!

It already works that way for sequential, no? :-s
PJDH wrote:2. Deployment round should be freestyle 24 hour turn but FOG/NOFOG option should be the same as the initial settings!! (that way people who wanted the same game as the board can have it entirely)

If you have Fog of War on, it will just add the full fog on top of the initial troops "blindness" of enemy army counts. To have no blindness at all would cause problems because one player's deployment would affect the next player's decision and the order of deployment would then have too much impact.
PJDH wrote:3. In freestyle games the player who is the last to deploy is treated as he ended the turn so he cant start first until the half of the round time has passed!!

That could work...
Sergeant lackattack

Postby owenshooter on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:47 am

slowreactor wrote:FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR SO LONG!!!!!!!!!!

dude, you have been a member since january 20th, 2009... how long could you have possibly been waiting... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives