Conquer Club

2.1 bug [not a CC bug]

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

2.1 bug [not a CC bug]

Postby railfrog on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:05 am

Pretty sure this is a map bug, as it still happens with BoB turned off

Think i have a bit of a problem with a certain 2.1 i'm playing. Number 3627277
I posted this in the BoB section, but it still has a prob with it turned off.
Will copy and paste from the BoB section...

Playin a 2.1 map, round 357.
Enter game - initialising BOB - Processing log.
After a short time ( 15 seconds? ) an error message appears.
"log downloading failed - would you like to retry?" Options are ok or cancel
Press ok and the box disappears but something is still happening in the background, then after about another 15 seconds the page goes completely blank.
If i press cancel, i can play the game, but only do one thing at a time before i have to reload to then do another thing. will explain further...press cancel - deploy troops - page freezes - have to reload - make the attack - page freezes - have to reload - advance any armies - page freezes - have to reload - reinforce any armies - page freezes - have to reload - end reinforcements - page freezes - have to reload - take snapshot - page freezes - go on to next game.
It only is happening on this one game as i have another 2.1 going ( round 196 ) which is fine. All my other games are classics and they are all ok.

Like i said i have also tried this with BoB turned off and it still does the same ( apart from the log downloading bit ).
After i have placed armies, have to refresh map then do the attack. Refresh again to reinforce...etc...etc

It has happened to another player in that game also.

Hoping someone can sort this out for me.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Major railfrog

Re: 2.1 bug

Postby angola on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:38 am

I didn't get the errors you were talking about when I entered your game.

Not sure what that means exactly, just letting you know.

And it definitely wouldn't let me load the "full game log".
Captain angola

Postby Tupence on Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:59 am

Have you tried switching Greasemonkey off altogether? The same thing happened to me on Oceania when it was still in Beta, and that was the only solution I could find. After disabling Greasemonkey I then had to close and re-open Firefox, then I could play as normal.
Important Tournament Notice

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Postby khazalid on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:06 am

this happens fairly regularly to me. you dont need to disable GM first time around, just close firefox and go back to it and it should be fine. if it still isnt working then you can always disable GM then
had i been wise, i would have seen that her simplicity cost her a fortune
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby railfrog on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:46 pm

Have tried the above suggestions and it's still the same.

I am pretty sure it has something to do with the log download. If i do something on the map then it wont let me do anything else until i reload. But if it's left for a bit longer then i get the error messagg about the log download again. Click cancel and then i can do something else on the map. But this has still got to done between every single action on the board, even the messages.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Major railfrog

Postby railfrog on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:18 am

Can anyone sort this out please?

Major railfrog

Postby owenshooter on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:39 am

I couldn't recreate it... however, i don't use any scripts or plug-ins...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:46 am

clear your cache ;)
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby railfrog on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:50 am

lord voldemort wrote:clear your cache ;)

Thank you.

That seemed to work.....well sort of.

Cleared the cache, then went to the game and it loaded in and played with no problems.
Played a few other games, then came back to this one and it failed again. Cleared the cache once again and it is fine.

Seems like i have to clear the cache every time i play that particular game.

Once again though, Thank you. =D>

Major railfrog

Postby railfrog on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:39 pm

Sorry ........ Take it all back.

Still doing it...

Major railfrog

Postby Timminz on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:58 am

railfrog wrote:I am pretty sure it has something to do with the log download. If i do something on the map then it wont let me do anything else until i reload. But if it's left for a bit longer then i get the error messagg about the log download again. Click cancel and then i can do something else on the map. But this has still got to done between every single action on the board, even the messages.

That's definitely a GreaseMonkey thing. If you disable the plugin before you enter the game, and leave it off for the whole turn, it should work fine.
Captain Timminz

Postby railfrog on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:22 am

Timminz wrote:That's definitely a GreaseMonkey thing. If you disable the plugin before you enter the game, and leave it off for the whole turn, it should work fine.

Don't need to turn GreaseMonkey off as it now works ok with BoB turned off for that particular game.
Still don't know why though as my other 2.1 is fine.

Major railfrog

Postby sully800 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:47 am

This happens on games with particularly long gamelogs. They take longer than 10 seconds to load, which then puts it into a delaying loop. It will usually load eventually, but if you have an old games it's usually easier to play with Bob turned off.
Major sully800

Re: 2.1 bug [not a CC bug]

Postby railfrog on Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:22 pm

Have managed to do a work around which works fine.

On the map your playing, go to BoB menu, then map options and set "load full log" to no.

Works ok

Major railfrog

Return to Tool Archives