Conquer Club

More Game Achievements

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: More Game Achievements

Postby Queen_Herpes on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:50 am

I read a post a while back with players asking for more levels of medals. Currently, there are bronze, silver, and gold. Could you please add TIN and PLATINUM?

I believe a TIN medal at 10 victories within a particular achievement will attract new players to continue playing.

I believe a PLATINUM medal at 800 victories within a particular achievement will entice some current players to continue playing, play more often, and renew premium membership.
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:57 am

A future higher level may be added, if the data shows that there is a large enough population of users that will benefit from such a level. If something like less than 1% of users would benefit, Lack would most likely want to spend time coding something that had a broader impact.

But as more and more people get gold medals, this may push up the impact of a higher level. So we'll have to look at the data and re-evaluate sometime!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby legionbuck on Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:19 pm

Like the new awards...seems logical for the variants of play parameters. Now , when are they gonna be added to greasemonkey map rank section ? Be nice to see what the stats are to work on higher awards of these.
Sergeant legionbuck

Postby legionbuck on Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:27 pm

As for additional awards of medals past gold, you could always add stars to the ribbon like they do in the military...or diamonds like the "whatever first class" ranks have now.
Sergeant legionbuck

Postby Queen_Herpes on Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:17 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:A future higher level may be added, if the data shows that there is a large enough population of users that will benefit from such a level. If something like less than 1% of users would benefit, Lack would most likely want to spend time coding something that had a broader impact.
But as more and more people get gold medals, this may push up the impact of a higher level. So we'll have to look at the data and re-evaluate sometime!
--Andy

...and what about Tin? Seems there are a lot of players who start playing and don't continue....
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:45 pm

For suggestions, we best be moving our discussion over the appropriate forum and topic! :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby vintender on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:41 pm

lackattack wrote:That's right, we added 3 new medals:

Manual Troops Achievement

Freestyle Achievement

Fog of War Achievement

If you already qualify for one of these game achievements, it will be awarded upon your next win. I hope you like them and manage to earn them all (gold level, of course!).

=================================================

Just so you know, I've also been doing quite a bit of work behind the scenes. There are new tools & reports to help myself and the team automate tasks. I'm also working on updating the website's underlying technology which will hopefully lead to better performance and reliability...

dude you ROCK
Colonel vintender

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives