Conquer Club

UTF8 and Speedups

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: UTF8 and Speedups

Postby jako on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:57 pm

Great job on making CC really go international. We are practically becoming a UN here except we are a more violent, world dominating oriented type. :lol: :twisted:

Time to retire this much loved sig of mine with a new clan.
Lieutenant jako

Postby squishyg on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:32 pm

nicely done sir!
Captain squishyg

Postby butleroftokyo on Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:01 am

恂悊恌ćØ恆
Lieutenant butleroftokyo

Postby karelpietertje on Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:28 am

I guess it takes a moment of not having the things you take for granted to realize what they are worth.
Thanks for this update!
Major karelpietertje

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:14 am

targetman377 wrote:thanks lack i have noticed it great job!!!! =D> =D> =D>

*throws a a banana bunch at lack for his good job*

*wonders why andy did not do it* :-s

He's a turtle. He eats pizza.

Except when him and Andy hang out they agree on a banana-topping pizza. :sick:
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby demonfork on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:43 am

lackattack wrote:Turns out it was the scoreboard bug that was slowing things down! I guess even the database server doesn't want to see maxatstuy as Conqueror :lol:

I forgot to mention this fix:

• Game finder searches for specific maps are now much faster.

Couldn't you give max a point reset and or change his name or delete him completely?
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby FlyingElf on Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:00 am

Just curious, since the game is being translated into different languages, how is that going to affect the english only rule in games? Will new filters be added onto games where the primary language will be something else?
Lieutenant FlyingElf

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:25 am

Per the Rules page:
Any form of diplomatic discussion between opponents must be posted in the game chat in English or in a language that all opponents understand.

As long as everyone in the game understands the language, it is fine. However, if someone does not and feels they are the target of Secret Diplomacy, feel free to file an Abuse Report in the Cheating and Abuse Forum.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby zgubbins on Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:08 am

=D> =D> =D> thank-you....
Sergeant 1st Class zgubbins

Postby sniffie on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:00 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Per the Rules page:
Any form of diplomatic discussion between opponents must be posted in the game chat in English or in a language that all opponents understand.

As long as everyone in the game understands the language, it is fine. However, if someone does not and feels they are the target of Secret Diplomacy, feel free to file an Abuse Report in the Cheating and Abuse Forum.

--Andy

here is a matter that has come to my intention for quite some games the lat few weeks, i have been playing some standard games with other dutch players and there where games among it in wich more then half off the players understood dutch (they did not all live in holland), so 80% off the players was dutch. We said something in dutch and immediatly other (english) players started to tell us that we HAD to talk english...
But if 80% off the players speak an other language then english, we could just tell that we do not speak english, just want to know, where does CC draw the line?

Regards (groetjes ;) )
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Postby tdans on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:11 am

Nicely done lack...
Lieutenant tdans

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:40 am

der sniffter wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Per the Rules page:

--Andy

here is a matter that has come to my intention for quite some games the lat few weeks, i have been playing some standard games with other dutch players and there where games among it in wich more then half off the players understood dutch (they did not all live in holland), so 80% off the players was dutch. We said something in dutch and immediatly other (english) players started to tell us that we HAD to talk english...
But if 80% off the players speak an other language then english, we could just tell that we do not speak english, just want to know, where does CC draw the line?

Regards (groetjes ;) )

Feel free for admin to over rule me. But all diplomatic discussion must be done in english. You can converse however which way you feel but when its about the current game, English.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives