Conquer Club

Would this be possible?

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Would this be possible?

Postby 72o on Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:47 am

I put a suggestion in the Suggs & Bugs forum, but it didn't get any response, so I thought I'd ask here.

Would it be possible to create a script that automatically went through the scoreboard and foed people based on whatever criteria you give it? Such as: turns taken < 95%, score < 1000, rating < 4.0?

It seems like this would get a whole lot of use, considering the number of times folks have suggested a rank/score filter for games, and the number of times I have found myself foed by someone simply because my turns percentage was too low. I guess today they are going through the scoreboard manually and foeing people, but I'm wondering if one of you greasemonkey geniuses could create something to automate this?
Sergeant 72o

Re: Would this be possible?

Postby Dako on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:22 am

It is possible to do so, but I will not simply because I am against foeing people without proper reason (and turn count/score is not a proper reason).
Colonel Dako

Postby 72o on Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:03 am

Fair enough. I'm not sure I would use it anyway, I just wondered if it were possible because it would eliminate all the requests for preventing cooks from joining games.
Sergeant 72o

Postby 72o on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:43 pm

Although I respect Dako's opinion, I still think there would be value in this script. Can some of the other greasemonkey experts chime in on how difficult this will be to do? I know almost nothing about this stuff, but I am willing to learn if it's something I can figure out on my own.
Sergeant 72o

Postby Timminz on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:46 pm

Someone could probably make it, but I would guess that lack would quash any script like that. CC has consistently rejected similar suggestions, for reasons of inclusiveness.
Captain Timminz

Postby Dako on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:31 am

72o wrote:Although I respect Dako's opinion, I still think there would be value in this script. Can some of the other greasemonkey experts chime in on how difficult this will be to do? I know almost nothing about this stuff, but I am willing to learn if it's something I can figure out on my own.

If you know javascript I can tell you how to do it.

Basically - parse whole scoreboard and find the ones that meet your criteria. Then call tons of get requests to foe people page with proper parameters - voila, you are done.
Colonel Dako

Postby Foxglove on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:04 am

Dako wrote:
72o wrote:Although I respect Dako's opinion, I still think there would be value in this script. Can some of the other greasemonkey experts chime in on how difficult this will be to do? I know almost nothing about this stuff, but I am willing to learn if it's something I can figure out on my own.

If you know javascript I can tell you how to do it.

Basically - parse whole scoreboard and find the ones that meet your criteria. Then call tons of get requests to foe people page with proper parameters - voila, you are done.

lol. Quite succinct!

And if you don't know javascript, you can start here! http://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp
Brigadier Foxglove

Return to Tool Archives