Conquer Club

Feudal Epic, L&S, Pg. 49 [D, Gp, Gr]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Feudal Epic, L&S, Pg. 45 [D, Gp, Gr]

Postby gimil on Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:59 pm

I think we are done :D
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:54 pm

all the coordinates are ok with 88 and 888.
There's another problem with the xml, maybe it happened when you've changed the names... anyway:

Ga'h 7 on the map is Ga'h 6 in the xml
Ga'h 6 on the map is Ga'h 7 in the xml
After that recheck the borders, i strongly recommend another check by Forza.

Nobodies ;)
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby the.killing.44 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:00 pm

If you remember, I was the one who fixed the 7 - 8 - 7 issue with a flat image. So, when gim fixed the size issues, his images retained the 7 - 8 - 7 issue. That's an issue with the images. So, for your reference gim:
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby yeti_c on Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:12 am

Surely 8 & 6 should be swapped though - not 7 & 6?

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby gimil on Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:26 am

ok, so which numbers should I be changing?
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby jammyjames on Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:16 am

just gah 6 and 7
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby yeti_c on Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:00 am

No...

8 -> 6
7 -> 8
6 -> 7

Correct

Wrong

C,
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby porkenbeans on Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:16 pm

Click image to enlarge.
Click image to enlarge.
Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby the.killing.44 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Enough with the "let's make it glaring" suggestions already, the map's done except for these numbers.

THESE ARE THE CORRECT NUMBERS GIM

I'll do the XML tonight.
Captain the.killing.44

Postby porkenbeans on Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:43 pm

Since your talking about numbers, please take a closer look and tell me which ones are more clear. ;)
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby the.killing.44 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:49 pm

porkenbeans wrote:Since your talking about numbers, please take a closer look and tell me which ones are more clear. ;)

We are talking about which numbers go where to avoid any dropdown confusion. Please do not make me quote the times gim said that he was done editing the image except for official or gameplay issues.
Captain the.killing.44

Postby porkenbeans on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:06 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:
porkenbeans wrote:Since your talking about numbers, please take a closer look and tell me which ones are more clear. ;)

We are talking about which numbers go where to avoid any dropdown confusion. Please do not make me quote the times gim said that he was done editing the image except for official or gameplay issues.
Please do not make me tell you that I am a member of the Foundry, and I am allowed my opinions and suggestions. gimil can do what he wishes, but i can make my suggestions, without your harassment. He does not have to take my advice, but he does have to listen to it, and provide a good reason for his decision. ...Just like the rest of us. ;)

In my opinion either one of the two examples that I put up are clearly better than the current version. They are both easier to read, and therefore deserve consideration. If you can not see that, or disagree, then please state your case. Do not try to hinder me from stating mine.

I understand and appreciate your loyalty to gimil and this project. But I have also been following this project for a while. I have contributed to it, and I will continue to offer my suggestions, if I truly think that I can help to improve this kick-ass map. I do truly believe that these minor adjustments, are just what this map needs to put it over the top. I have learned a lot lately about how the Foundry works. I have had it beaten into my head, and I now know that I have to "listen" to others suggestions. Just as they have to listen to mine. If you would stop for just a moment, and try to understand that I have a lot to offer, and I am only trying to be a part of the team, You might decide to cut me some slack, and "listen" to what I have to say.
Last edited by porkenbeans on Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby angola on Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:24 pm

porkenbeans wrote:
the.killing.44 wrote:

Please do not make me tell you that I am a member of the Foundry, and I am allowed my opinions and suggestions. gimil can do what he wishes, but i can make my suggestions, without your harassment. He does not have to take my advise, but he does have to listen to it, and provide a good reason for his decision. ...Just like the rest of us. ;)

In my opinion either one of the two examples that I put up are clearly better than the current version. If you can not see that, or disagree, then please state your case. Do not try to hinder me from stating mine.

You could spell advice right. Or know that "drop down" is two words. Oh, and "game play" is, as well.

And, since I am a member of the foundry, I'm allowed to be a dick like you. Awesome!

Good job killer. Good job gimil.

Hopefully this map can get off the floor. It looks beautiful.
Captain angola

Postby jammyjames on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:58 am

yeti_c wrote:No...

8 -> 6
7 -> 8
6 -> 7

Correct

Wrong

C,

my bad :oops:

glad your here yeti
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:37 am

While the brighter images might be a tad easier to read, this is ready for play sans the 1 or 2 small issues. Lets leave as is, get it fixed and out to play. 8-)
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Incandenza on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:43 am

Sorry, guys, but pork's got a point. I know it's late in the process, but the terit number labels could be a bit larger and brighter. I don't think the map itself needs to be brighter, but, for instance, the 4's look a lot like 1's, especially Cen 4.

For lack of a more flattering way of putting it, it won't be the prettiest map on CC no matter what (but neither is feudal, which proves that killer gameplay is the true arbiter of map popularity), so why not make the terit number labels a bit bigger and, well, shinier?
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby danryan on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:04 pm

Second Incandenza's post. Regardless of the way the point was made, the "brighter" map is much easier to read. Please consider using something like the lettering from the "brighter" version.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:20 pm

Are you comparing the correct images - I think Gimils is perfectly clear - Killings version is older and less visible...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby porkenbeans on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:59 pm

danryan wrote:Second Incandenza's post. Regardless of the way the point was made, the "brighter" map is much easier to read. Please consider using something like the lettering from the "brighter" version.
I do not think that it is really a case of enlarging the text. It is only a very small adjustment on the contrast, saturation, brightness, etc. settings. The most critical in this case, is the contrast settings. If you look at the current version, you will notice that all of the colors in the map are the same tonal value. this makes for a "muddy" looking canvas. Take note of the boundary lines. They are not contrasted against the background at all, and the text is muddy and hard to read. At first I thought that the map was just too dark, but after I got it to the editing room at photobucket, I realized that this was not the case at all. If you notice the darker of the two examples that I provided, you will see that it has more darkness in it than the current version. Just check out the boundaries. But it also has some lighter tones in it as well. This variation in tonal value is what "contrast" is all about. It helps to distinguish one thing from another.

This is a very nice map. It is only in need of some fine tuning. It is NOT some big overhaul or something. Please check out photobucket's editing room. They make the fine tuning a piece of cake. You can quickly and easily knock out 2 or 3 versions, and then post them. Then you could have the input of many eyes to help you decide which one is the best.
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:25 pm

On a different note - Porks last image actually brings out some of the finer details a lot more...

One other thing to consider though is how the actual army numbers look on the images as well...

Sometimes changing the contrast etc can make some numbers less visible...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby MrBenn on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:50 pm

I'm a little bit confused, and don;t really know which are the latest images, and which ones are right :-k 8-[
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby porkenbeans on Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:35 pm

yeti_c wrote:On a different note - Porks last image actually brings out some of the finer details a lot more...

One other thing to consider though is how the actual army numbers look on the images as well...

C.
Yes, those finer details are exactly what I am talking about. It is also very true that the saturated army numbers will stand out more on a mono-tone, drab, and muddy canvas. Ironically this is due to contrast as well. This map does not have a whole lot of bright colors going on, that it should be any problem though. The adjustments that I made were very slight, and will not produce any problems with the army numbers.

It's all about the fine tuning. This is a perfectly good map, and it only needs to be fine tuned. This is NOT something that needs to cause any hold up in rolling this puppy out. It is only a matter of a few moments spent, dialing it in. ;)
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby Jace22 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:59 pm

porkenbeans wrote:
yeti_c wrote:On a different note - Porks last image actually brings out some of the finer details a lot more...

C.
Yes, those finer details are exactly what I am talking about. It is also very true that the saturated army numbers will stand out more on a mono-tone, drab, and muddy canvas. Ironically this is due to contrast as well. This map does not have a whole lot of bright colors going on, that it should be any problem though. The adjustments that I made were very slight, and will not produce any problems with the army numbers.

It's all about the fine tuning. This is a perfectly good map, and it only needs to be fine tuned. This is NOT something that needs to cause any hold up in rolling this puppy out. It is only a matter of a few moments spent, dialing it in. ;)

I'm sure it's a bit more complicated than that
Sergeant 1st Class Jace22

Postby porkenbeans on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:53 am

Jace22 wrote:
porkenbeans wrote:

C.

I spent no more than 5 or 6 min. to make the two examples that I posted.
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby Jace22 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:23 am

porkenbeans wrote:
Jace22 wrote:
porkenbeans wrote:

C.

I spent no more than 5 or 6 min. to make the two examples that I posted.

I would say that yours is easier to read, but it is up to gim
Sergeant 1st Class Jace22

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas