Conquer Club

[23-Feb-2006] Premium Membership now available

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Premium Membership now available

Postby lackattack on Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:59 pm

Finally, there is a way for all you addicts out there to get more Conquer Club! I've spent so much time working on this website that I have no problem getting rich off of you :)

Seriously, the income is needed to pay for the ever increasing costs of hosting such a high-traffic website. Any extra cash covers my time. In a nutshell the deal is unlimited games plus private games for $20/year. All the details are on the Premium Membership page.

I would like to make one thing clear, however - Conquer Club will always be free to play. I have no intention to force everyone to get Premium, and I only expect a minority to upgrade.

Oh, and in other news larger versions of the maps are now available for players with high resolution screens. (Classic and Asia at least, USA is on its way). You can set your default map size in the My Settings page.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Twill on Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:01 am

Already signed up, already posted one bug.

Thanks Lack - well worth $20
Corporal 1st Class Twill

Postby madeinchinain85 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:24 am

Hey, is there a way you could to a month to month sponsorship, because I'm considering sponsoring, but I'm not too sure if I'm going to be playing 1 year down the line. I wouldn't mind pay a little more if that's a problem. Maybe have a choice between a yearly sponsorship for $20 and a monthly sponsorship for like $3 (over a course of a year that'd come out to $36)
M@de in China
Corporal 1st Class madeinchinain85

Postby Twill on Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:37 am

That's the beatury of it being $20, I spend less than that to take my girlfriend to a movie, for which I get a kiss. Here I get love all year long for the same price. Seems like a deal to me :)
Corporal 1st Class Twill

WoooHooo

Postby KoolBak on Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:41 am

I'm IN baby.......thanks lackattack...that is exactly the figure I would have chosen....and God knows I am the pentultimate small business man,,,,.I hope you retire in a year and spend all your time programming with Kokanee......Thanks! My other four related members (family / employee) I think will join as well.....some of the best damn money I ever spent - you are a star.
Sergeant KoolBak

Wow!

Postby Aahz on Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:46 am

I just discovered this site today, but jumped on the Premium bandwagon as soon as I saw it was available!

Great site! And I look forward to many, many games...

-Aahz
Cook Aahz

Postby Corporal Bruiser on Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:55 am

nice one Lack...im in...hope you make some dough.

Now can i have some premium dice please... :wink:
Sergeant 1st Class Corporal Bruiser

Postby ADAM TJ on Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:06 am

ahhhh... i dont have a pay pal account...... and like 6 years ago i made an account there with a fake name but used my acctual bank account number... so i cant make a new one with that account.... damn it!!! lol this is an ugly situation
Cadet ADAM TJ

Postby Aahz on Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:43 am

ADAM TJ wrote:ahhhh... i dont have a pay pal account...... and like 6 years ago i made an account there with a fake name but used my acctual bank account number... so i cant make a new one with that account.... damn it!!! lol this is an ugly situation

If you have a credit card you don't need to have (or create) a PayPal account to pay for your premium membership.

-Aahz
Cook Aahz

Thanks Lack

Postby Scarus on Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:19 am

I've been waiting for this. I just paid, and hopefully will be upgraded at the site sometime tomorrow. Life is now complete. I no longer need my wife or children. My Boss can also go take a flying leap. I have everything I need right here....lol

I saw a diamond icon next to someone's name. I guess that signifies the premium membership. Is there anyway that we could also show our rank insignia? i.e. show our stripes as well as the premium designation?

Also, is there anyway that we could possibly have a box to put a short message, or description of our private games, i.e. "realtime game", "move a day game", etc.

Scarus
Been playing Risk for a bit

Proud Member of xiGames, where Friends Kill Friends, with Honor
Sergeant 1st Class Scarus

Postby Corporal Bruiser on Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:02 am

Sorry to hear about the wife and kids Scarus but some things are just more important lol.
Anyways that diamond that you saw is our first "big cheese" Captain ( congrats btw ) as far as i know there is nothing to indicate whether or not you are a premium member...... hmmm, now theres another idea Lack to add to the other ten thousand floating around.
Sergeant 1st Class Corporal Bruiser

Postby Nobunaga on Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:59 am

... I spent almost 20 bucks on lunch today. ... calculating..... $16.40. Guess if I eat in tomorrow I just about break even!

... Here's hoping this makes you rich, Lack! Cheers! :!:
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

premiumness

Postby YP_Legend on Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:01 am

Nice Job lack :!: Count me in. I had been very interested to see how & what you would be offering for the premium plan, & i had the services pegged right, but was stumped for a guess on what would be reasonable pricing. What you have offered Gaming-enthusiasts here & everywhere is a very affordable Premium plan sir, very fair i must say. I also think you will be surprised by what you are considering to be a "minority" of CC members who will actually pay for it. What i mean by that is the whole concept of CC's playing style is damn good thinking. By making & keeping this site primarily for the busy, time-restricted risk addicts, (casual game players) you are inviting & keeping the people who ordinarily wouldnt be doing this at all, or for any length of time. To me this says a site for the workin man & woman with a life someplace other than the world web. Which i think has better odds for a good subscriber/member ratio, than would be if it was primarily directed at just real-time games....but im sure you already knew this.

:arrow: Might be a good idea if you added 1 of them BOSS OR WIFE IS COMING Emergency browser hiding buttons, just to help out those who would need it.....hehehehehe

:arrow: Although i hate to admit it publicly, Scarus' idea above for a
game description box is not a bad idea.... :P heh heh heh

:arrow: Good work. I hope you do well. In review of all this, i now hav visions of you swimming in your money, like Donald ducks rich uncle does in the cartoons. lol..Best regards,

YP_Legend
xiGames
Last edited by YP_Legend on Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud xiGames Member
_________Image_________
Lieutenant YP_Legend

Postby max is gr8 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:21 am

I'm too young I'm only 11 boohoo my dad wud neva pay 4 it boohoo :cry: :( :cry: :( :lol:
Corporal max is gr8

Postby wicked on Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:05 am

YAHOO!!! Thanks!! :D
Major wicked

Postby moz976 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:08 am

Thanks Lack I just signed up
Private moz976

Postby lackattack on Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:48 am

M@de in China, I thought about monthly payments but it would be too much of a hassle to deal with, at least for now.

Scarus, I'm caving in and putting game comments on my official to-do list

max is gr8, if your dad doesn't want to pay for you, you may have a chance to win free membership when there are official tournaments in the future. Also try hitting up santa clause, the tooth fairy, the easter bunny and/or hannukah harry :wink:

And to all of you - thanks a lot! You guys are great :D
Sergeant lackattack

Postby moz976 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:50 am

How many premium members so far lack?
Private moz976

Postby hotgun on Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:52 am

lackattack wrote:max is gr8, if your dad doesn't want to pay for you, you may have a chance to win free membership when there are official tournaments in the future. Also try hitting up santa clause, the tooth fairy, the easter bunny and/or hannukah harry :wink:

And to all of you - thanks a lot! You guys are great :D

When are they??? I want to win :D :D
Corporal 1st Class hotgun

Postby madeinchinain85 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:41 pm

moz976 wrote:How many premium members so far lack?

I don't think that's an appropriate question to ask, do you ask strangers on the steet how much money they make?

And thanks for considering it, when you add a shorter subscription I'll be one of the first to sign up, but until then it looks like I'll be just another freeloader :-p
M@de in China

Postby moz976 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:53 pm

madeinchinain85 wrote:

I don't think that's an appropriate question to ask, do you ask strangers on the steet how much money they make?

Why is that not an appropriate question? I think it would be common to post how many premium members a site has it helps to encourage other people to join if they know it's a successful site that they want to put their money into.

And to answer your question no I wouldn't ask a stranger how much money they make but I would ask say a gym how many members it had when I joined.

If Lack doesn't want to say how many premium members there are that's fine with me, I was just curious.

It's a great site Lack and I hope you do well with it.
Private moz976

Thanks Lack!!

Postby Scarus on Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:53 pm

You just made my morning....

Wow! Now I know what it would be like if the CEO actually listened to me....lol

Scarus
Been playing Risk for a bit

Proud Member of xiGames, where Friends Kill Friends, with Honor
Sergeant 1st Class Scarus

Postby madeinchinain85 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:17 pm

moz976 wrote:
madeinchinain85 wrote:

Why is that not an appropriate question? I think it would be common to post how many premium members a site has it helps to encourage other people to join if they know it's a successful site that they want to put their money into.

And to answer your question no I wouldn't ask a stranger how much money they make but I would ask say a gym how many members it had when I joined.

First off I think that advertising that you have alot of premium members does not encourage more people to join. It just tells people how much revenue he gets. Now number of total or active users (like a gym) is one thing, but by asking how many premium members does not give you any useful information. Now you can go ahead and ask, but I really doubt that Lack would answer.
M@de in China

Postby Tr0y on Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:30 pm

Statistics are interesting.

games completed, # members, bandwidth, server costs, ect.

I agree that one might not want to make all those #s available, but its interesting nevertheless.
Corporal Tr0y

Postby moz976 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:33 pm

Well I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this. And now I'll be letting it drop.
Private moz976

Next

Return to Announcement Archives