Conquer Club

Mapmakers Guild [Social]

Find or create a usergroup based around a particular interest or commonality.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mapmakers Guild [Social]

Postby porkenbeans on Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:09 am

InsomniaRed wrote:Can I join? I want to branch out into other parts of CC.

You have my vote "red". :D
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby jpcloet on Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:35 am

wcaclimbing wrote:Why is it taking such a ridiculously long time to make this group?

Its not that hard to create a new usergroup and forum...

The group existed before your post.

memberlist.php?mode=group&g=192989

Maybe your invite got lost in the mail.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby john9blue on Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:25 pm

Insom is in!

Wca and anyone else looking to join, you guys need to go to Control Panel - Usergroups and request membership.

Pork, since you wanted to approve all members, just add the pending members that you want under Control Panel - Usergroups - Manage Groups - Manage Users - Pending Members. If someone's kept waiting for a while (like over a week or so), I'll just add them myself. ;)
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby porkenbeans on Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:50 pm

john9blue wrote:Insom is in!

Wca and anyone else looking to join, you guys need to go to Control Panel - Usergroups and request membership.

Pork, since you wanted to approve all members, just add the pending members that you want under Control Panel - Usergroups - Manage Groups - Manage Users - Pending Members. If someone's kept waiting for a while (like over a week or so), I'll just add them myself. ;)
Do you have an up to date list ?
If so, please pm it to me.
TNX. 8-)
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby karelpietertje on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:51 pm

I would like to join the Mapmakers Guild as well (and I'm not a complete jerk as far as i know, so does that mean i qualify :lol:?)
I have a reasonable knowledge of Photoshop and I am working on some ideas for maps.
kp
Major karelpietertje

Postby RjBeals on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:56 pm

have you guys come up with anything to show us yet?
Private RjBeals

Postby john9blue on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:05 pm

porkenbeans wrote:Do you have an up to date list ?
If so, please pm it to me.
TNX. 8-)

All you need to do is go to Control Panel - Usergroups - Manage Groups - Manage Users. Select the pending members (minus the ones you don't approve of... hopefully none) and go to the bottom and select "Approve Member".

RjBeals wrote:have you guys come up with anything to show us yet?

Lol no, we have a shortage of ideas. :(

I'll put something out there and see what happens. :)
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
Captain john9blue

Postby porkenbeans on Thu May 14, 2009 10:49 pm

Sorry I have been A.W.O.L.
I have been trying to make some money on a couple of graphic competition sites. It beats spending all my time here trying to get a map quenched. But that is why I wanted to form this group in the first place. So as to spread out the work among some like minded, aspiring mapmakers. As soon as we get something going I will still be interested in lending my limited time and effort. So lets get with it guys and girls. We have much talent among us, we just need to get some organization started. I can not do this. I just do not have the time. John, I will go along with just about anything that you see fit to get this ball rolling. So, please feel free to organize as you want. If you do not have the time, maybe you could delegate the task to someone else. Just remember the "sailorseal" ordeal, and god forbid you do not make the same mistake that I did. LOL :lol: 8-)
I really think that the Food Chain map is the best candidate for our first project. There is NOT another map like it, and I believe that it would become one of CCs' most populer maps. I have already got the working draft up. Lets see some game play worked out. There is room for 2 or 3 more animals.
Click image to enlarge.

Also, I think that labeling should go something like this, as I do NOT want to have to put connecting lines all over the place.
Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby Hopscotcher on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:46 pm

I am very interested in making maps for CC. I don't have any clue HOW to do that, but I have a lot of ideas and would be willing to help others as much as I can.

In please
I'm a sucker for Assassin Games

My claim to fame..... Game 6311393
Lieutenant Hopscotcher

Postby oaktown on Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:23 pm

as somebody who is interested in how this little mapmaking experiment has been working, can we get an update? :)
Captain oaktown

Postby a.sub on Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:28 pm

oaktown wrote:as somebody who is interested in how this little mapmaking experiment has been working, can we get an update? :)

dead :(
we have no new ideas that everyone wants to work on
in fact i may post something when i think of it
Cadet a.sub

Postby captainwalrus on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:52 pm

Can I join? I would want to maintain independance to a degree, but I have a few Ideas that I think working with a few people would help.
In general I like to do things on my own but I think that I could contribute to other people's ideas, especialy gameplay wise.
~ CaptainWalrus
Private 1st Class captainwalrus

Postby The Neon Peon on Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:11 am

I would like to join. I've been commenting on maps in the foundry for a while, hoping to start one myself when I re-buy photoshop (so expensive...). Anyways, I would love to help with the process.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby a.sub on Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:53 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:I would like to join. I've been commenting on maps in the foundry for a while, hoping to start one myself when I re-buy photoshop (so expensive...). Anyways, I would love to help with the process.

although i have never tried it myself, i hear GIMP is a nice alternative. just food for thought.
Cadet a.sub

Postby colton24 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:33 am

can i join?
Highest Rank: Lieutenant | Highest Score: 1641
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
pmchugh wrote:BUMP- one more fool needed :mrgreen:

One fool reporting for duty!

Been around for too long...said things that shouldn't have been said...but all that has changed
Corporal 1st Class colton24

Postby JP007 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:01 pm

I would very much like to join and learn how to make maps and contribute ideas.
Corporal 1st Class JP007

Postby john9blue on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:14 pm

Hey guys,

As you probably know, The Mapmakers Guild hasn't been experiencing much activity. No single person is to blame; the problem is that the people who joined the group aren't getting what they were looking for.

So I've decided to change the focus of the group. Previously the goal of the group was to make maps as a community alongside the Foundry folks. Thinking about this further, I've realized that we are currently just another mini-Foundry that doesn't actually have the authority to promote maps. We would be wasting our time trying to get things done in a forum separate from where things are supposed to get done.

The new focus of the group is as follows:

We are a collection of new and experienced cartographers who form small teams to work on new map ideas. If you are making a map and need extra support, or if you would like to help others create maps, this is the group for you!

So basically, instead of having every member work on every map (which makes it hard to get things done) we are a place where people form small teams to work on new map ideas. That way each member of the team has more invested in that particular map and has a better idea of the map's progress. Also, once the team is formed, discussion between team members should take place in the Foundry, not in the Guild. That way, the whole process is more open towards the rest of the Foundry and there is no lack of communication.

I think this will make it a lot easier to get projects off the ground and into the Foundry. I encourage you all to take another look at the Guild, and either start a new idea or help someone else with their idea. New members are always welcome. Thanks guys! 8-)
Captain john9blue

Postby Mad Pineapples on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:34 pm

The reason I left was exactly because of what you've just mentioned. However, I'm really optimistic about the new aim. I'd like to re-join if there's no problem with that..
Sergeant 1st Class Mad Pineapples

Postby skeletonboy on Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:42 am

I would like to join
Sergeant skeletonboy

Postby Mr_Adams on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:32 pm

I would like to get into this group. I don't have anything in the foundry, or anything currently working, but I have photoshop, and would like to work on something. I'm developng an idea now, but would love to have somewhere to go for photoshop help.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby john9blue on Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:56 pm

To join, you have to go to Control Panel and click the Usergroups tab, and go from there. ;)
Captain john9blue

Previous

Return to Create/Join a Social Usergroup