Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes : 129

[Rules] How to kick cheaters out of active games

Postby karelpietertje on Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:55 am

Concise description:
  • CC has been struggling with how to deal multis. they used to come to the site, play games and get busted, but they could stil finish the games. So CC figured, it was time to kick them out of all their games immediately.
  • The next problem was that of teamgames. teammates would get royally screwed if their teammate suddenly went neutral, so now, the teammate gets all armies, cards, and troops of the busted player.
  • This, however, still has a way too big impact on the game, and I think I have a better solution.
  • Instead of giving all territories, armies and cards to a teammate, have the teammate(s) be the one(s) playing for the busted player who got kicked out of the game.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Games like Game 6181883, where the game was lost until my partner was kicked sadly, when I could cash two sets and win with great ease, would not happen anymore.
  • The games would be more or less the same like what they would have been otherwise.

Specifics:
  • Let the next player in the team play all the turns.
  • For the appointed player it could have a separate "Playing As" page under My Games. (between "Active" and "Awaiting Players"?) Games on this page wouldn't count for the freemium game limit.
  • Instead of "<busted player name>" it could just say "<busted player name><team player>"
    • So it would say "Captain_Scarlet karelpietertje"

Points of discussion:
  • What happens if all players are banned together?
    • Should they simply lose the game?
  • What happens if teamplayer B is eliminated and player A is the only surviving teamplayer but gets kicked?
    • Does player B still get control of player A? This would mean he gets back in the game...
  • Should the way people deadbeat be considered? Lack seems to make the rules for banning and deadbeating the same.
    • Personally I think there's a difference because deadbeating happens in 3 rounds and can be calculated by both opponents and teammates, unlike a ban, which happens instantaneous.
  • What to do in freestyle teamgames where you want to play the two turns simultaneously?
    • There would be difference between joining the game from the Active games page and joining it from the Playing As page.
    • Also there would be a 'convert to teammate' button in the game for each ( :roll: ) banned teammate when you're playing.

Regards, KP
Last edited by karelpietertje on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Major karelpietertje

Re: How to kick cheaters out of active games.

Postby Masli on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:02 am

would be much better then the way it is at this moment ! This way nobody else gets punished !
Colonel Masli

Postby elfish_lad on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:03 am

I like it. Cheers.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby Ninja Champion on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:22 am

yes if possible to add in
Brigadier Ninja Champion

Postby Tupence on Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:56 am

This sounds like a good idea to me, though I'm not sure how possible it is to implement. Any thoughts, anyone?
Important Tournament Notice

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Postby 72o on Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:06 am

I agree. They should still have separate turns. Great idea.

Implementation:

I think it should just change the kicked player to the next player on the team. So in the example game, karelpieterje would be listed as both players on team 2. No need to list in brackets the kicked player's name, as they are no longer part of the game.
Sergeant 72o

Postby jefjef on Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:56 am

Well I was in a dubs with Scarlet. All teams were down to one player and pretty even. She got kicked. My view is I should have gotten the troops instead of them going neutral seeing how it was a team game.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby pascalleke on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:47 pm

team games with a teammember kicked bcs of him/her being a multi is most times game over for that team ..so yeah its unfair !
i had it few times and it sucked ! maybee also an idea that the conquer club crew before they make such new changes ask the real players what they think about such ideas?? would save all of lots of work and :evil: :twisted:
Sergeant pascalleke

Postby BoganGod on Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:41 pm

Brilliant idea, would be a lot fairer. Good thinking =D> =D> =D>
Corporal BoganGod

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:52 pm

I fully support this idea! Great idea.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby the.killing.44 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:10 pm

What if they were busted with one another?

I do love the idea though, Misser Kazoo ;)
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby colton24 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:23 pm

Bruceswar wrote:I fully support this idea! Great idea.

+1
Highest Rank: Lieutenant | Highest Score: 1641
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
pmchugh wrote:BUMP- one more fool needed :mrgreen:

One fool reporting for duty!

Been around for too long...said things that shouldn't have been said...but all that has changed
Corporal 1st Class colton24

Postby hahaha3hahaha on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:23 pm

-deleted-
Last edited by hahaha3hahaha on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cook hahaha3hahaha

Postby Fuzzylogic99 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:05 am

interesting idea but I don't see Lacks going for it.If I remember right similar ideas have been suggested and than quickly dismissed by CC.Def something like this would discourage cheating
but like I said I don't think CC would compliment this

Anyways this would discourage cheating
Private 1st Class Fuzzylogic99

Postby hahaha3hahaha on Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:05 am

-deleted-
Last edited by hahaha3hahaha on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cook hahaha3hahaha

Postby Fuzzylogic99 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:37 am

sure he can and prob will
Private 1st Class Fuzzylogic99

Postby karelpietertje on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:58 am

Thanks for your replies all! :)
jefjef wrote:Well I was in a dubs with Scarlet. All teams were down to one player and pretty even. She got kicked. My view is I should have gotten the troops instead of them going neutral seeing how it was a team game.

Yes, the going neutral wasn't the best at all because it really fudged the teammates over.
The way things are now, you got her troops right? As if she instantly deadbeated. problem with that though, is that bonuses can get combined. So the way things are now, depending on the situation, either team can get fudged over by a kicked teammember.

Basically with this suggestion you're trying to preserve the game the way it was before the player got banned.
the.killing.44 wrote:What if they were busted with one another?

I do love the idea though, Misser Kazoo ;)

Ah, an issue. well, I suppose if all teammates are busted they just forfeit the game?

but yeah, I see there are some difficulties with the plan:

Points of discussion: (will add these to opening post too)
  • What happens if teamplayer B is eliminated and player A is the only surviving teamplayer but gets kicked?
  • Does player B still get control of player A? This would mean he gets back in the game... possible friction with the 4 game rule for freemium players.
  • Should the way people deadbeat be considered? Lack seems to make the rules for banning and deadbeating the same.
  • Personally I think there's a difference because deadbeating happens in 3 rounds and can be calculated by both opponents and teammates, unlike a ban, which happens instantaneous.

Of course, we are talking about something that only happens incidentally.
Fuzzylogic99 wrote:interesting idea but I don't see Lacks going for it.

Indeed, that's why we need to come up with a plan that covers all possible situations, so lackattack only has to execute our wishes without much thinking. :lol:

Discuss!
Major karelpietertje

Postby pistebasher on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:36 am

Yes - I fully agree with this idea
Captain pistebasher

Postby ManBungalow on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:36 am

72o wrote:I agree. They should still have separate turns. Great idea.

Implementation:

I think it should just change the kicked player to the next player on the team. So in the example game, karelpieterje would be listed as both players on team 2. No need to list in brackets the kicked player's name, as they are no longer part of the game.

To me, this all sounds like the kind of update that would follow 1 vs 1 team games.
If player 2 is busted then player 1 (on the same team) would just take both turns.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby AAFitz on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:20 am

absoulutely perfect idea. Im sure the only problem is that it would take some creativity to implement. Ideally, partner could just assume the other color, but almost sure that would cause problems....such as AAFitz eliminates AAFitz from game...AAfitz conqured AAFitz on AA From AB (this is possible on two maps technically)

Other than the programming end of it...it its just perfect...and I imagine it is something lack knew at the time too..but probably couldnt implement it easily.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby tdans on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:15 am

i like it :D
Lieutenant tdans

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:45 am

Question, What would happen in Freestyle Team games?

Say, You're in a Quads Game. Player A B C D. Player D is kicked for violating the rules, and he had a bonus at the time. So Since Player A was the next "player" in line, he would take over Player D. Well, now you have a bit of a problem. Say you wanted to ensure you got the troops for the bonus , in case someone else is waiting to take the bonus away. But since Player A comes before Player D in the order, If you hit "Start your turn" it would play Player A first. Well, how would you play Player D before player A? And what would happen if you wanted to start both since they both have a bonus?

I personally love the idea
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby eddie2 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:42 am

instead of this why not let them put a reserve in to replace them
Major eddie2

Postby darth emperor on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:13 am

I love this idea.Brilliant =D> =D> =D>

As for the 4 limit games of fremium I dont think it will be much a deal...I doubt that he can get 20 games because all his mates deabeated or got kicked... :roll: also you could make it as a new tab next to games...so wont have problems with the 4 limit games...

TheForgivenOne wrote:Question, What would happen in Freestyle Team games?

Say, You're in a Quads Game. Player A B C D. Player D is kicked for violating the rules, and he had a bonus at the time. So Since Player A was the next "player" in line, he would take over Player D. Well, now you have a bit of a problem. Say you wanted to ensure you got the troops for the bonus , in case someone else is waiting to take the bonus away. But since Player A comes before Player D in the order, If you hit "Start your turn" it would play Player A first. Well, how would you play Player D before player A? And what would happen if you wanted to start both since they both have a bonus?

I personally love the idea

Well,that a good question but I think the best one is that you have the game listed twice one for being the player A and for taking the control of player D...
example:
Active games: Game 2(As A) left 21:00h
Game 3 left 5h
Game 1 left 17h
Game 2(As D) left 21:00h
Game 5 left 23:50H

if you want both to start at the same time open 2 windows...true that this can make some abuse...but you can have more abused the way it is currently
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby karelpietertje on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Okay, I edited the Specifics and Points of discussion parts in the opening post.
I had a better idea for the way to show that a player was banned, and put some new points of discussion and ideas by myself or others in this thread (thanks for the feedback :D)

Specifics:
  • Let the next player in the team play all the turns.
  • For the appointed player it could have a separate "Playing As" page under My Games. (between "Active" and "Awaiting Players"?) Games on this page wouldn't count for the freemium game limit.
  • Instead of "<busted player name>" it could just say "<busted player name><team player>"
    • So it would say "Captain_Scarlet karelpietertje"

Points of discussion:
    • Does player B still get control of player A? This would mean he gets back in the game...
  • What to do in freestyle teamgames where you want to play the two turns simultaneously?
    • There would be difference between joining the game from the Active games page and joining it from the Playing As page.
    • Also there would be a 'convert to teammate' button in the game for each ( :roll: ) banned teammate when you're playing.

Again, share your opinion :D
Major karelpietertje

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions