Conquer Club

iPhone and iTouch App

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

iPhone and iTouch App

Postby pebble on Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:14 am

i apologize if this has been suggested or if my idea is just plain stupid for some obvious reason, but has anyone made an app for Conquer Club which would allow one to keep track of their turns, take said turns, etc. seems there is a lot of potential.. i dunno.
Lieutenant pebble

Re: iPhone and iTouch App

Postby homes32 on Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:02 pm

pebble wrote:i apologize if this has been suggested or if my idea is just plain stupid for some obvious reason, but has anyone made an app for Conquer Club which would allow one to keep track of their turns, take said turns, etc. seems there is a lot of potential.. i dunno.

if your asking about conquer club in general the answer is yes. there are quite a few notifiers for tracking your turns.

however if you are asking if there is one specific for the iphone the answer must be no. the popular ones require firefox, windows, or mac os, however any of the web based notifiers should work fine. I recommend this google gadget if this is your situation.
-homes32

Highest Score: 1850
Lieutenant homes32

Postby InkL0sed on Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:35 am

I think he's talking about an app for the iPhone in order to get on the site...
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby MarathonMax on Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:59 pm

I sometimes use my iPhone to play turns. If you do not know your map, then it might be a bit difficult to navigate, but generally speaking, it works!
Lieutenant MarathonMax

Postby #1_stunna on Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:58 pm

i use my iphone as well, but an app would be awesome.
Major #1_stunna

Postby Silent Hysteria on Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:48 pm

I use my iTouch all the time. It is kinda hard as everything is a lot more compact but it does work. An app would be awesome.
Private 1st Class Silent Hysteria

Postby LB Ninja on Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:49 pm

i would love an app for my itouch :D
Major LB Ninja

Postby bridge2far on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:21 am

I haven't tried using my iphone to play games..
have checked my messages using safari but i haven't tried taking any turns.
just started my first casual game in over 10 months and 1000 games... so i'll try my next turn using it :P:P
Colonel bridge2far

Postby mwhagedorn on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:21 pm

Well its not the game itself but a notifier... http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id304223340?mt=8
Cadet mwhagedorn

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:52 am

I hope you realize that you're over a year late on this one. Now make me a sammich! (Because he's a cook! Get it?! [Not that I'm allowed to talk about being a low rank])
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Travin on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:02 pm

Hi all,

I'm currently opening up my CC Mobile site for beta testing. If you would like to give this a try for free, please head on over to http://www.travin.com/cc/mobile.php

Feel free to PM me with any issues or suggestions you might have. Passwords are not stored in any way, and the scripts involve only pass this data directly to http://www.conquerclub.com. Please note that any use of this site is strictly your responsibility. The site provides no guaranties or can be held liable for errors in deployment, assaults, or reinforcements. Use of the software is “as-is” and confers all liabilities onto the person making use of it. If you do not agree to those terms, do not use it.

Thank you
Cook Travin

Postby Dako on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:28 am

Travin wrote:Hi all,

I'm currently opening up my CC Mobile site for beta testing. If you would like to give this a try for free, please head on over to http://www.travin.com/cc/mobile.php

Feel free to PM me with any issues or suggestions you might have. Passwords are not stored in any way, and the scripts involve only pass this data directly to http://www.conquerclub.com. Please note that any use of this site is strictly your responsibility. The site provides no guaranties or can be held liable for errors in deployment, assaults, or reinforcements. Use of the software is “as-is” and confers all liabilities onto the person making use of it. If you do not agree to those terms, do not use it.

Thank you

Kind of scary to pass account data to your script. At least I am sure (and hope to) that mods will not use that in any way.
Colonel Dako

Postby Travin on Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:34 am

I absolutely agree with you. When you enter in the password it is not stored anywhere on the site, and is passed around only during runtime. I fully understand your reservations, however please note that use of this mobile site is really no different than passing your login data for Facebook to a Facebook app or any other number of third party applications that request login credentials for access.

Use the site on your own terms or not at all if you feel it isn't worth the risk. Hopefully you will, because I can tell you that nothing is nicer than to have a fast loading site to blaze through my CC turns from anywhere and at anytime.
Cook Travin

Postby Dako on Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:02 am

My mobile phone doesn't support web-browsing, haha :D.
And about 3rd-party apps - they all use facebook API and pass variables to the facebook site. You are passing them to your own script (mobile.php) which ... people don't usually trust. Also, I've never seen or played you before so I can't really say that I trust your word.

But good luck anyway.
Colonel Dako

Postby alex951 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:23 am

will it work for the droid?
Corporal alex951

Postby Travin on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:04 am

And about 3rd-party apps - they all use facebook API and pass variables to the facebook site. You are passing them to your own script (mobile.php) which ... people don't usually trust.

Actually, it is using the same POST variable passing that facebook and Conquer Club use. So it is as secure as this site with the exception of the pages being served on my own site. No sure why you think people don't trust PHP when every page on this site as well as much of the internet is served via PHP. /shrug

Also, I've never seen or played you before so I can't really say that I trust your word.

Heh, see you on the battlefield.
Cook Travin

Postby Travin on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:06 am

will it work for the droid?

It should work on any phone with a browser and an internet connection.
Cook Travin

Postby pont on Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:33 am

travin - i play using the main site on my iphone. one of the biggest problems is that you cant see much of the log because you cant scroll taht frame.
if you can think of a way of showing the logs easier that would be cool. Maybe have a filter on there so you only show certain lines. maybe filter on player, the turn phase (deploy/attack/reenforce). that way you can see what other people have been up to on their turns which you can't at the moment.

just looked at your site - wasnt my turn to play a move so didnt see how that worked, but the page was full of all the comments! need to make that area smaller!

cheers
Sergeant 1st Class pont

Return to Tool Archives