Conquer Club

GM Script: Watch this game - Version 1.4.4

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Watch this game - 1.2.1

Postby Dako on Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:31 pm

mgconstruction wrote:Hey Dak,

Thanks for this. Love this add on for watching my tournament games.

One problem that still exists is that when I do a game finder search for my tourney games. There is not a game watch link under each game. You have to go into the game to hit the game watch link. If game has not been joined yet you cant enter game to do that.

Thanks again,
MG

Fixed, please install new version.
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/58929
Colonel Dako

Re: Watch this game - 1.2.2

Postby Velvecarrots on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:15 pm

Nice script Dako. :)

My apologies if someone asked this already. But to make this script more useful when sitting for someone, could there be a "watch all active games that include this player" button, on perhaps a player's profile page?

This would seem like a more reasonable suggestion after you add the options to remove all watched/finished games and whatnot. But with this feature, you'd have access to all your sittee's games with a single click, and you can track them from the watched tab.
This game was once fun, but the necessity to log in every day finally took its toll on me.

Best Score: 4660 (11/20/10)
Best Rank: 1 (8/2/13)
General Velvecarrots

Postby Dako on Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:00 am

Ok, I will add this for the next release. It should be done in the next 2 weeks, I hope.

Glad you like the script :).
Colonel Dako

Postby Ace Rimmer on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:30 am

Watch 6218845. For some reason, player 5 just shows up as his number, doesn't show rank/name/rating. It's still a link that works properly.

Jake
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby Dako on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:58 am

jakewilliams wrote:Watch 6218845. For some reason, player 5 just shows up as his number, doesn't show rank/name/rating. It's still a link that works properly.

Jake

Fixed, please install new version - http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/58929 .

Thanks for report, stupid misspell of a few letters :oops: .
Colonel Dako

Re: Watch this game - 1.2.3

Postby kuma32478 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:53 am

Having some issues. I had the script working great, but it now does not show any games I'm watching. I have a screenshot. How should I get it to you?
Private 1st Class kuma32478

Postby Claff on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:30 am

I can't get it working :cry: :cry:
Corporal 1st Class Claff

Postby Dako on Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:29 pm

kuma32478 wrote:Having some issues. I had the script working great, but it now does not show any games I'm watching. I have a screenshot. How should I get it to you?

Use site like imageshack.us

Claff wrote:I can't get it working :cry: :cry:

Please tell me what you see. Do you see green links saying "Watch this game" under each game? Do you see additional tab called 'Watched' with 0 games?
Colonel Dako

Postby Dako on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:20 am

Small change to fix map names with ' and " symbol (which cause them not to load).

No version change, just re-install the script :).
Colonel Dako

Postby lord voldemort on Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:14 pm

Not sure if this has been asked but is there any way that I can just add all games of a tournament to the watch game list....Ie watch this tournament...Save me going through pages clicking links...
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Dako on Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:37 pm

lord voldemort wrote:Not sure if this has been asked but is there any way that I can just add all games of a tournament to the watch game list....Ie watch this tournament...Save me going through pages clicking links...

No, not yet :(.

But I plan to do so. Just tell my girlfriend not to consume all of my free time :D.

For no I will post the roadmap of what I plan to do in the next releases:

1.3 - 1.5:
- Add menu and version control.
- Add "unwatch all" button.
- Add link (or input) to watch all active/waiting games of a player.
- Add an input to watch all active/waiting games of a tournament.
- Add "unwatch finished games" button (thou it is really hard to do, but I will think more later).
- Add loading animation :).

2.0:
- Secret, but I already have something great on my mind :).
Colonel Dako

Postby Dako on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:14 am

As you can see, site changes mixed layout a bit so now the link is back on the inside screens.

Just reinstall the script - http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/58929
Colonel Dako

Postby ahunda on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:28 pm

I like this one for 2 reasons/purposes:

a) Keeping track of clan games in league & challenges.
b) Account sitting.

Especially for the account sitting, as now I can easily check, if there are turns up, without logging into that account.

1 suggestion: Might it be possible to sort watched games into different categories/tabs ? So I have for example 1 tab for clan games, 1 for the games of xyz, for who I am sitting for a couple of days ?
Field Marshal ahunda

Postby Dako on Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:36 am

ahunda wrote:I like this one for 2 reasons/purposes:

a) Keeping track of clan games in league & challenges.
b) Account sitting.

Especially for the account sitting, as now I can easily check, if there are turns up, without logging into that account.

1 suggestion: Might it be possible to sort watched games into different categories/tabs ? So I have for example 1 tab for clan games, 1 for the games of xyz, for who I am sitting for a couple of days ?

Glad you liken it. Yes, it possible and I will do it in 2.0 version. Multi-tabs where you can name them and they have different games stored.

Right now I don't have free time, taking driving lessons atm and will have exams in 2 weeks. Also 2 works, girlfriend - thsi stupid real life swallows me whole :-D.
Colonel Dako

Postby pmchugh on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:21 pm

Love the script dako :D

I noticed when you click on peoples feedback the watched games are also there :lol: Not a problem but thought I'd tell you anyhow.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Dako on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:13 am

pmchugh wrote:Love the script dako :D

I noticed when you click on peoples feedback the watched games are also there :lol: Not a problem but thought I'd tell you anyhow.

I thought I removed it. Will check again.
Colonel Dako

Postby psychobkrazy on Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:01 pm

I just discovered this. Thanks. :D
PM me with "Tournament Invite List" in the Subject to get on my Invite List.
Highest Rank: 3070 Image Brigadier - #70 (page 1) - 61% Won - 01/02/2011
The Sigatar Lounge
Sergeant 1st Class psychobkrazy

Postby Tupence on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:04 pm

psychobkrazy wrote:I just discovered this. Thanks. :D

Same here; this is awesome, thanks!
Important Tournament Notice

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Postby elfish_lad on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:09 pm

Wow. Wow. How have I missed this before?!?!

Fantastic. Cheers.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby Dako on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:29 am

Glad you like it! Maybe I will find time to improve it after all :-D.

Also, I hope it will get into Newsletter and people will use this add-on even more ;-).
Colonel Dako

Postby Sir. Ricco on Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:35 pm

Love the script. I am currently watching 10 games, but I can't see any of them in the 'watched' tab.

Edit: Forget the last comment. My impatience was the problem.
Captain Sir. Ricco

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:03 am

Hey Dako, great work. I have used this script for a while now.

A couple of things that I think would make it much easier and quicker for people to use.

1) Can the watched games list be made to show the games in increasing order of time left to take turn like the "my games" tab. Can it also show the clock?

This would help a lot because those of us who are account sitting or watching clan games can always see when time is getting low and message the appropriate people or take care of it ourselves.

2) Can the tab also find a way to show whose turn it is along with the game clock.

I love the script, but you still have to actually go into each and every game to see time, turn, etc. Then when you click back it takes you back to "my games" instead of watched games. Then on top of that, the order it lists the games in seems to be sporadic. Each and every time I go back to the tab the games are listed in a different order which makes it difficult for me to remember which ones I have checked and which ones I haven't.

Now that I am rambling, I thought of one more.

3) Can this in anyway be combined with Foxgloves "chatglove" script to where they work together? So I can also see when t here is new chat available in my watched games.

I hope you know I don't mean to be picky and I understand if all of these things are too difficult. I am just thinking of ways to make it much more convenient for all of us. Let me know your thoughts.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Dako on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:26 am

Chuuuuck wrote:Hey Dako, great work. I have used this script for a while now.

A couple of things that I think would make it much easier and quicker for people to use.

1) Can the watched games list be made to show the games in increasing order of time left to take turn like the "my games" tab. Can it also show the clock?

This would help a lot because those of us who are account sitting or watching clan games can always see when time is getting low and message the appropriate people or take care of it ourselves.

2) Can the tab also find a way to show whose turn it is along with the game clock.

I love the script, but you still have to actually go into each and every game to see time, turn, etc. Then when you click back it takes you back to "my games" instead of watched games. Then on top of that, the order it lists the games in seems to be sporadic. Each and every time I go back to the tab the games are listed in a different order which makes it difficult for me to remember which ones I have checked and which ones I haven't.

Now that I am rambling, I thought of one more.

3) Can this in anyway be combined with Foxgloves "chatglove" script to where they work together? So I can also see when t here is new chat available in my watched games.

I hope you know I don't mean to be picky and I understand if all of these things are too difficult. I am just thinking of ways to make it much more convenient for all of us. Let me know your thoughts.

Please try ti update the script by this link - http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/58929.user.js
It should solve 1) and 2).

I will think on 3) but it looks like it will not be that easy to combine them.
Colonel Dako

Re: Watch this game - 1.3.0

Postby Dako on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:12 pm

Wow guys, I just manage to create new version with some vast improvements. And it all started from a bottle of beer tonight :-D.

Download it and see yourself ;-).

http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/58929.user.js

If you have problems - here is previous stable version - http://userscripts.org/scripts/version/ ... 20.user.js

Any input and all the bugs are highly appreciated.
Colonel Dako

Re: Watch this game - 1.3.0

Postby chipv on Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:21 am

Dako wrote:Wow guys, I just manage to create new version with some vast improvements. And it all started from a bottle of beer tonight :-D.

Download it and see yourself ;-).

http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/58929.user.js

If you have problems - here is previous stable version - http://userscripts.org/scripts/version/ ... 20.user.js

Any input and all the bugs are highly appreciated.

I have tried your latest version and...

It is excellent work! Looking really good - and using the API, which is great to see.
Captain chipv

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives