Conquer Club

Plethora of Mafia Games...

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

How many Mafia games going on at a time is enough?

Total votes : 0

Postby autoload on Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:21 pm

It's a surprise.
Major autoload

Postby XenHu on Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:21 pm

autoload wrote:I assure you that none of my games are rigged. I have a suspicion that other moderators do not assign roles randomly, but ALL of my roles are randomly assigned.

What mods would those be?

-X
Cook XenHu

Postby autoload on Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:26 pm

I'm not going to say since it is just a feeling and I don't want to stir up controversy. In fact, there is nothing really that says a mod HAS to assign roles randomly, but I believe if a mod doesn't then the integrity of the game may be compromised if the mod is good buddies with some of the players.
Major autoload

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:27 pm

autoload wrote:I'm not going to say since it is just a feeling and I don't want to stir up controversy. In fact, there is nothing really that says a mod HAS to assign roles randomly, but I believe if a mod doesn't then the integrity of the game may be compromised if the mod is good buddies with some of the players.

So, about that five bucks you owe me... Just give me a good role in the game instead... :wink:
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby autoload on Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:28 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
autoload wrote:I'm not going to say since it is just a feeling and I don't want to stir up controversy. In fact, there is nothing really that says a mod HAS to assign roles randomly, but I believe if a mod doesn't then the integrity of the game may be compromised if the mod is good buddies with some of the players.

So, about that five bucks you owe me... Just give me a good role in the game instead... :wink:

Deal!

How about for 5 more I tell you what every role will be?
Major autoload

Postby spinwizard on Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:31 pm

lol,plz tell us
Private 1st Class spinwizard

Postby autoload on Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:59 pm

All in good time.
Major autoload

Postby vgmmaster on Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:33 pm

I voted that 3-5 is a good number to have at any one time. The reason I voted the way I did is mainly because we don't have a seperate forum for mafia games on this forum. That, and I'm very tempted to join half the games that are started.
Highest Score: 1304
Corporal 1st Class vgmmaster

Postby autoload on Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:21 pm

More people think I am a dumbass though...
Major autoload

Postby Fircoal on Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:49 pm

autoload wrote:I assure you that none of my games are rigged. I have a suspicion that other moderators do not assign roles randomly, but ALL of my roles are randomly assigned.

Same here, my roles are all randomly assigning, and usually from now on I'm going to try to get someone to check the set-up to see if it's balanced.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Fircoal on Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:50 pm

vgmmaster wrote:I voted that 3-5 is a good number to have at any one time. The reason I voted the way I did is mainly because we don't have a seperate forum for mafia games on this forum. That, and I'm very tempted to join half the games that are started.
It doesn't matter about the temptation, I join anyway. :D
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby autoload on Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:55 pm

Fircoal wrote:Same here, my roles are all randomly assigning, and usually from now on I'm going to try to get someone to check the set-up to see if it's balanced.

Yeah, non vanilla role mafia games are hard to balance! :wink:
Major autoload

Postby Fircoal on Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:26 pm

autoload wrote:
Fircoal wrote:Same here, my roles are all randomly assigning, and usually from now on I'm going to try to get someone to check the set-up to see if it's balanced.

:D Probably, I like them better, probably the name will be changed to show it's Non-Vanilla. :D
Captain Fircoal

Postby Incandenza on Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:26 pm

autoload wrote:

Just out of idle curiosity, how do you determine if the roles are balanced or not? Is there some sort of precedent or guide or what not on mafiascum, or do you just kinda eyeball it and say something like 'that looks like a town turkey shoot, maybe the mafia need a godfather'?
Colonel Incandenza

Postby autoload on Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:29 pm

Basically what you just said.

Something I like to do is add or subtract Vanilla townie roles until it looks right. I go through possible scenarios in my head and weigh in what could happen before going through with a set up.
Major autoload

Postby Fircoal on Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:31 pm

Either that, or if your not good at that yet, like me, you ask someone for a review at Mafiascum, there is a thread for it.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Incandenza on Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:42 pm

I would imagine that putting the game together could potentially be more fun (or at least less day-to-day hassle) than the game itself...

And auto, I'm very much looking forward to your next game... should be a laugh. (of course, having said that, I'll probably get killed on night 2 or lynched on day 1... :lol: )
Colonel Incandenza

Postby autoload on Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:57 pm

We shall see...
Major autoload

Postby vgmmaster on Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:01 pm

Incandenza wrote:I would imagine that putting the game together could potentially be more fun (or at least less day-to-day hassle) than the game itself...

And auto, I'm very much looking forward to your next game... should be a laugh. (of course, having said that, I'll probably get killed on night 2 or lynched on day 1... :lol: )

We'll make sure of it...just for you. :wink:
Highest Score: 1304
Corporal 1st Class vgmmaster

Postby Fircoal on Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:12 pm

Incandenza wrote:I would imagine that putting the game together could potentially be more fun (or at least less day-to-day hassle) than the game itself...

Putting together the game is great. And even better when you fill it with non-vannila roles.
Captain Fircoal

Postby autoload on Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:38 am

Having no Vanilla Roles kind of goes against why Mafia was invented in the first place.

Amazingly, I would rather play as Vanilla Townie than as Mafia.
Major autoload

Postby Fircoal on Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:44 pm

autoload wrote:Having no Vanilla Roles kind of goes against why Mafia was invented in the first place.

Not really.

I'd be happy no matter what role I get, there are pluses and minus to both.
Captain Fircoal

Postby everywhere116 on Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:46 pm

autoload wrote:Having no Vanilla Roles kind of goes against why Mafia was invented in the first place.

I am just the opposite. I've only played the mafia once (in MB's quick game) and I want to be one again.
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Postby autoload on Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:12 am

Blah.

Mafia, in it's simplest form, is a battle of true wits. Any more nowadays most people over rely on power roles. I found games where I am the Cop that I play too conservatively, for fear of being killed by mafia before I can make a few investigations.

Being a Vanilla townie takes away all the pressure and you can attack the game without abandon because if you die the town isn't losing a hugely valuable role.
Major autoload

Postby Fircoal on Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

autoload wrote:Blah.

Mafia, in it's simplest form, is a battle of true wits. Any more nowadays most people over rely on power roles. I found games where I am the Cop that I play too conservatively, for fear of being killed by mafia before I can make a few investigations.

Being a Vanilla townie takes away all the pressure and you can attack the game without abandon because if you die the town isn't losing a hugely valuable role.

That's what I like about being a Vanilla townie. While a cop is too relied on most of the time, I like using roles that are not helpful power-roles such as naive cop.
Captain Fircoal

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,