Conquer Club

Austerlitz Map [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: AUSTERLITZ [beta]

Postby demonfork on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:47 am

This map makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out on the rare occasions that I even see anyone play it. There are only 33 active games at the moment, the fewest out of any of the beta maps.

This is a terrible map, it would be a setback for the for the foundry to release it.
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby pamoa on Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:02 am

demonfork wrote:This map makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out on the rare occasions that I even see anyone play it. There are only 33 active games at the moment, the fewest out of any of the beta maps.

This is a terrible map, it would be a setback for the for the foundry to release it.

Thanks for your support
De gueules à la tour d'argent ouverte, crénelée de trois pièces, sommée d'un donjon ajouré, crénelé de deux pièces
Gules an open tower silver, crenellated three parts, topped by a apertured turret, crenellated two parts
Cadet pamoa

Postby demonfork on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:40 am

pamoa wrote:
demonfork wrote:This map makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out on the rare occasions that I even see anyone play it. There are only 33 active games at the moment, the fewest out of any of the beta maps.

Thanks for your support

I don't support this map.

Furthermore, what would be the point of releasing a map that not only looks like garbage but is also one that no one plays.

BTW there are still only 33 active games....not one new game has been started since my last post. This map is a FAIL. Someone with some authority in the foundry needs to recognize this fact and can this map.

PS...Pamoa, this is nothing personal...I think that your other maps look amazing.

Postby natty dread on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:52 am

FWIW I'm playing a game on this map right now and so far I like it.

I guess you can't please everyone.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Ace Rimmer on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:24 am

Demonfork,

I thought the same when I first saw it. However, the gameplay is great, there are no easy bonuses and it is a real fun map to play on. I'll be glad to play against you in a team game and you can see how fun it is. Find a team and send me an invite, I'll get a team with similar points together.

Jake
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby pamoa on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:43 am

Thank you natty_dread and jakewilliams
it is my pleasure to please you
demonfork wrote:PS...Pamoa, this is nothing personal...I think that your other maps look amazing.

It is personal
I spent 100 hours of my life on this
so it is very personal
De gueules à la tour d'argent ouverte, crénelée de trois pièces, sommée d'un donjon ajouré, crénelé de deux pièces
Gules an open tower silver, crenellated three parts, topped by a apertured turret, crenellated two parts
Cadet pamoa

Postby natty dread on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:03 pm

Yeah, most people have no idea how much time and effort even a simple map consumes. Therefore it's highly annoying when some people come over and shit all over your efforts with no consideration of the hard work you've done. These people should just try making their own maps so maybe they get some idea of the amount of work and effort you need to dedicate to bring a quality map to CC. It's not very nice to do all that work if the only thanks you get is people flaming on you...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby demonfork on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:29 pm

jakewilliams wrote:

Demonfork,

I thought the same when I first saw it. However, the gameplay is great, there are no easy bonuses and it is a real fun map to play on. I'll be glad to play against you in a team game and you can see how fun it is. Find a team and send me an invite, I'll get a team with similar points together.

Jake

The gameplay might be fan-freaking-tastic, all the more reason to bring the visuals up to par with the gameplay. As it stands the graphics look like total vomit.

Postby pamoa on Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:18 am

I have a good solution for you demonfork
don't play it !
Cadet pamoa

Postby samuelc812 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:25 am

Every Map has players that enjoy it and players that do not enjoy it, that is the great thing about Conquer Club, so much diversity if you don't like one map you are sure to enjoy another ;) Each map fills it's own niche :)

~Sam
Captain samuelc812

Postby demonfork on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:52 pm

samuelc812 wrote:Every Map has players that enjoy it and players that do not enjoy it, that is the great thing about Conquer Club, so much diversity if you don't like one map you are sure to enjoy another ;) Each map fills it's own niche :)

~Sam

And some have players that don't play it hardly at all :lol:

Postby puppydog85 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:12 pm

I think the spoils is wrong on this map. Bob says that I hold the left french side, while the map says that it is the allied side. Furthermore bob says that I will be getting 2 more while the map says I should get 3. One last thing the map says that there are 4 Russian divisions on the left flank. I can only count 3. Just letting you all know. and the game number is Game 5984558

* sorry copy one less number on the game
Last edited by puppydog85 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sergeant 1st Class puppydog85

Postby MrBenn on Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:23 pm

puppydog85 wrote:The game number is Game 598455

I think you're looking at the wrong map?
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby pamoa on Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:16 am

puppydog85 wrote:I think the spoils is wrong on this map. Bob says that I hold the left french side, while the map says that it is the allied side. Furthermore bob says that I will be getting 2 more while the map says I should get 3. One last thing the map says that there are 4 Russian divisions on the left flank. I can only count 3. Just letting you all know. and the game number is Game 5984558

* sorry copy one less number on the game

G.M.Albright is holding French left flank (upper left side of the map) which is Suchet Kellerman and Caffarelli
on your side you are not holding allied left flank (lower right side of the map)
because it has 4 divisions
3 Russians and 1 Austrian
Prebyshevsky Langeron Douktourov and Kienmayer cavalry in red just on the other side of the river

I hope you will enjoy the map
Cadet pamoa

Postby puppydog85 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:39 am

thanks, I guess I was looking at the green colored men and got to thinking that I was green. Makes sense. I do enjoy the map. It employs real world tactics very nicely.
Sergeant 1st Class puppydog85

Postby MrBenn on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:38 pm

Since the map has gone live, there have been no real issues with imbalance.... looks like job done to me.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby MrBenn on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:39 pm

Quenching

---The Beta period has concluded for the Austerlitz Map. All objections have had their time. The Foundry and I hereby brand this map with the Foundry Brand. Let it be known that this map is now ready to be released into live play.

ImageCongratulations pamoa, your shiny new medal is well-earned =D>

Conquer Club, enjoy!

--MrBenn
Lieutenant MrBenn

Re: Austerlitz Map [Quenched]

Postby pamoa on Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:50 am

thanks to you all
I hope you all will enjoy it
Cadet pamoa

Postby max is gr8 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:40 pm

I understand you put work into this but I genuinely think it isn't up to a good enough level. Most maps that have been going through the process for a year are better. There have been 5 versions compared to most maps 20 something.

I agree with demon fork, the graphics aren't as good as many of the now upgraded maps. This map needs serious graphical reworking, the gameplay is fine from the game I've seen but the graphics are not suited to the modern day foundry

EDIT: I was discussing this with ManBungalow and he agrees
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby Bones2484 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:07 pm

max is gr8 wrote:I understand you put work into this but I genuinely think it isn't up to a good enough level. Most maps that have been going through the process for a year are better. There have been 5 versions compared to most maps 20 something.

I agree with demon fork, the graphics aren't as good as many of the now upgraded maps. This map needs serious graphical reworking, the gameplay is fine from the game I've seen but the graphics are not suited to the modern day foundry

EDIT: I was discussing this with ManBungalow and he agrees

I think it's perfectly fine. Gives a good feel for a "battlefield".
Major Bones2484

Postby max is gr8 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:32 am

I think it's perfectly fine. Gives a good feel for a "battlefield".

It looks as good as the original Indochina I.E. not good.
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby army of nobunaga on Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:35 pm

at first I was like WTF is this... But this map is great. One of the best. Beautiful in a real war way.

thank you.

edit- to expound... you know why I love it? you did not use game play gimmicks, crazy themes, or anything totally crazy to get this map going. You took a real life great battle, and made a very straight forward fun map to play that looks great once you figure out what is going on.
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby pamoa on Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:16 am

army of nobunaga
I'm very pleased to see someone who did understand and appreciate what I meant to do
thank you (Japanese very low bow)
Cadet pamoa

Postby joriki on Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:31 pm

I like this map a lot -- have been playing most of my games on it recently. Thanks! Just one small thing: the bonus for Alexander and Liechtenstein is called "Allied emperors" -- Alexander was a tsar, which is something like an emperor, but Liechtenstein was a prince, which is nothing like an emperor. They should be called "Allied commanders/leaders/rulers/monarchs" or something like that. By the way, why is the French spelling used for "Alexandre"? Whereas the German/Austrian names are used for the towns (e.g. "Pratzen", which is "Prace" in Czech).

Again, many thanks for a great map =D>
General joriki

Postby pamoa on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:34 am

thanks for your support
as the battle was won by Napoléon
all the map is named from the French point of view
but the legend has to be in English for players
Liechtenstein does represent the Austrian emperor
and the coalition was called the allied emperors by the French
Cadet pamoa

Previous

Return to The Atlas