Conquer Club

GM Script: Watch this game - Version 1.4.4

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Watch this game - 1.3.0

Postby Dako on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:05 am

chipv wrote:
Dako wrote:Wow guys, I just manage to create new version with some vast improvements. And it all started from a bottle of beer tonight :-D.

Download it and see yourself ;-).

http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/58929.user.js

If you have problems - here is previous stable version - http://userscripts.org/scripts/version/ ... 20.user.js

Any input and all the bugs are highly appreciated.

I have tried your latest version and...

It is excellent work! Looking really good - and using the API, which is great to see.

Thanks a lot! I still need to do a lot of enhancing there because I don't like the way certain things work.
Colonel Dako

Postby elfish_lad on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:52 am

Cheers! I really like the search feature. I just used it to mark games in a long tournament I'm in so I can follow who is beating the living crap out of whom!

As far as a mention in an up coming article goes... you never know!

Thanks again. Fantastic.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby Night Strike on Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:45 pm

It appears like the script does not work with tournaments that have a number at the start of their title (I just tried 2010 Sprint Cup Series and it gave me game number 2010). Perhaps there should be 3 different input boxes, 1 each for game number, player name, and tournament name.
Major Night Strike

Postby Dako on Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:51 pm

Night Strike wrote:It appears like the script does not work with tournaments that have a number at the start of their title (I just tried 2010 Sprint Cup Series and it gave me game number 2010). Perhaps there should be 3 different input boxes, 1 each for game number, player name, and tournament name.

Ok, somehow script thought that you were looking for a game with the number 2010.

I will fix that tomorrow.
Colonel Dako

Postby Ace Rimmer on Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:35 pm

It's also set to run on all of CC, so it shows up even when you're not logged in. Minor detail, but still... :)

Exclude http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php* and I think that will do it.

Jake
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby Night Strike on Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Could the Watch Game button be removed on the My Games main page? It's pretty obvious that you don't need to watch the game if you're already in it!
Major Night Strike

Postby Dako on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:02 pm

New version is out with some hot fixes (thanks to NS and Jake for finding bugs).
New version - http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/58929

Update, version 1.3.1:
Colonel Dako

Postby pmchugh on Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:08 pm

Night Strike wrote:Could the Watch Game button be removed on the My Games main page? It's pretty obvious that you don't need to watch the game if you're already in it!

I disagree, if you have all clan war/tourney games in there except your own then you have to remember yours as well as being in a team with someone you are sitting for.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Ace Rimmer on Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:57 pm

pmchugh wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Could the Watch Game button be removed on the My Games main page? It's pretty obvious that you don't need to watch the game if you're already in it!

I disagree, if you have all clan war/tourney games in there except your own then you have to remember yours as well as being in a team with someone you are sitting for.

Agreed, sometimes I watch my own games if they're in a tourney I'm running.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby Dako on Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:42 am

I can make it as an option if you want.
Colonel Dako

Re: Watch this game - 1.3.1

Postby elfish_lad on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:08 pm

I'm guessing there is no way to do this, but I don't really know so I'm going to ask. Is there any way to have mutliple "watch" tags and mark them as you wish? Here is what I mean: it would be cool to have a number of sections right now for "Clan Wars," "JRT's Tourney," and "Sitting." As my game count goes up this would be awesome. :)

Cheers.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby Dako on Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:43 am

elfish_lad wrote:I'm guessing there is no way to do this, but I don't really know so I'm going to ask. Is there any way to have mutliple "watch" tags and mark them as you wish? Here is what I mean: it would be cool to have a number of sections right now for "Clan Wars," "JRT's Tourney," and "Sitting." As my game count goes up this would be awesome. :)

Cheers.

E.

This is possible, that was suggested already and I will implement it in the next phase - don't expect it to be before summer.
Colonel Dako

Postby elfish_lad on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:39 pm

Guess I should've read the whole thread.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby elfish_lad on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:44 pm

Hey bro, I did a quick scan of the thread and didn't catch anything about this so thought I would ask.

If I'm on the "watch" page and enter one of the games listed to see what's what, and then hit the back arrow it takes me back to my main games page rather than the "watch" page. Is that normal? It would be great to go back to the "watch" page.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby Night Strike on Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:58 pm

elfish_lad wrote:Hey bro, I did a quick scan of the thread and didn't catch anything about this so thought I would ask.

If I'm on the "watch" page and enter one of the games listed to see what's what, and then hit the back arrow it takes me back to my main games page rather than the "watch" page. Is that normal? It would be great to go back to the "watch" page.

E.

From what I can see, the Watch page is not actually a new page but rather a javascript image on whatever page you came from. So if you came from the Active Games page (which is the site's mygames1 page), then you'll go back to that.
Major Night Strike

Postby elfish_lad on Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:01 pm

Ah. That makes sense. It just looks like a CC page. Cheers.
Major elfish_lad

Postby Dako on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:33 pm

elfish_lad wrote:Ah. That makes sense. It just looks like a CC page. Cheers.

Yes, NS is correct. Hitting back will bring you to whatever "My games" screen you was when you clicked on watched tab. Because tab is not a real page - just a text+images the script inserts when you click on watched tab.

However, I will look into this problem and see how it can be resolved.
Colonel Dako

Re: Watch this game - 1.3.2

Postby Dako on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:43 am

Got some free time at work - new version is out - be the first to update it ;-).

Install link

Update, version 1.3.2:

I think the script has shaped into something serious now and I can start preparations for the 2.0 version.
Colonel Dako

Postby elfish_lad on Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:14 am

Dako wrote:Got some free time at work - new version is out - be the first to update it ;-).

I think the script has shaped into something serious now and I can start preparations for the 2.0 version.

Sweet update. The "back" feature is brilliant.

Cheers.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby sherkaner on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:39 am

Back button works (I knew this workaround actually, but haven't used it myself), watched games tab doesn't load when you don't have any watched games.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby amazzony on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:45 am

Sorry if it has been asked before but after I installed new version all my watched games went unwatched so I have 0 watched now (had like a... bunch before :P). Is it supposed to happen or did I screw up something?

Cool plugin, btw! Love it when running tournaments!
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby elfish_lad on Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:49 pm

Ha! The "Watch all player's games" feature took me be surprise this morning. I'm used to clicking the last tab that says, "Show all games together." Had to "unwatch" 25 meaningless games. :lol:

Cool feature though.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby Dako on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:22 pm

sherkaner wrote:Back button works (I knew this workaround actually, but haven't used it myself), watched games tab doesn't load when you don't have any watched games.

Ok, thanks, will look into it.

amazzony wrote:Sorry if it has been asked before but after I installed new version all my watched games went unwatched so I have 0 watched now (had like a... bunch before :P). Is it supposed to happen or did I screw up something?

Cool plugin, btw! Love it when running tournaments!

Ummm, no, nothing should have been lost.

Try this to recover them - go to about:config and filter by "watch" keyword. I think I capitalized the name of the script - it might have reset the value of the games. See if you have different values for "games" property. You can copy and paste old value into new value. Hope that helps.

elfish_lad wrote:Ha! The "Watch all player's games" feature took me be surprise this morning. I'm used to clicking the last tab that says, "Show all games together." Had to "unwatch" 25 meaningless games. :lol:

Cool feature though.

E.

Ok :-).
Colonel Dako

Postby Night Strike on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:42 pm

That's the new tournament update I was referring to, so hopefully you can put it to use when calling your script.

EDIT: The ability to watch games that are still recruiting players, especially for tournaments, would be beneficial.
Major Night Strike

Postby Dako on Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:44 am

sherkaner wrote:Back button works (I knew this workaround actually, but haven't used it myself), watched games tab doesn't load when you don't have any watched games.

Ok, I uploaded new fix (without version increment - the bug is not that crucial). Just reinstall the script.

Install link
Colonel Dako

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives