Conquer Club

Should mods be able to hide?

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Should mods gain all the rights and responsibilities and still be able to hide online presence?

Yes, they should be able to maintain their privacy and stay hidden!
62%
No, they accepted privileges AND RESPONSIBILITIES and should accessible to players to help them and should not be hidden from people needing their help!
38%

Total votes : 66

Re: Should mods be able to hide?

Postby army of nobunaga on Tue May 18, 2010 9:58 pm

Night Strike wrote:
army of nobunaga wrote:lol, well the mods are against it... ironic.

shocking, i thought you were all here to help in any way you could.

rofl.

somewhere along the way, a lot of you lost your way.

I never see half of you do anything.. for fucks sakes I never even see half of you.

You don't have to see a mod online to see them doing things. Most mods only need to answer PMs and read threads, so unless they're posting or directly contacting you, then you don't necessarily see their work.

so once again... you say a mods responsibilities are only to help when they want to... not when someone needs to find them. Lets see what the rest of CC thinks... I dont mind taking on all the mods because frankly I like my chances... but I think I would like to see what in general people expect from you guys... If Im wrong- oh well, only the millionth time in my life.
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Tue May 18, 2010 10:00 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:i wanted to lock a fucking thread for 12 hours.... and you know what you people... you "helpers" have told me?

Instead of you being available, I should have created a thread in Q&A that said "Hello I need a thread locked"

ridiculous... and if you dont agree you need to check yourself.

I didn't know you needed a thread locked. A simple PM would have done the trick. Or even a post in the thread itself saying 'lock this thread please'. It would take about 24 hours or less for a mod to see that post, or read the PM, there isn't a reason to need instant gratification...
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby army of nobunaga on Tue May 18, 2010 10:02 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:
army of nobunaga wrote:i wanted to lock a fucking thread for 12 hours.... and you know what you people... you "helpers" have told me?

Instead of you being available, I should have created a thread in Q&A that said "Hello I need a thread locked"

I didn't know you needed a thread locked. A simple PM would have done the trick. Or even a post in the thread itself saying 'lock this thread please'. It would take about 24 hours or less for a mod to see that post, or read the PM, there isn't a reason to need instant gratification...

I changed the friggin title to "Mods please lock me" and its still up, over 24 hours later?!

And how do I pm a mod If they are shown OFFLINE

that is the point
Last edited by army of nobunaga on Wed May 19, 2010 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maps Maps Maps!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Tue May 18, 2010 10:04 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:
iamkoolerthanu wrote:

i CHANGED THE FUCKING TITLE TO "MOD PLEASE LOCK ME" I HAVE NOT EVEN CHECKED BUT AS I WENT TO BED AFTER 16 HOURS IT WAS STILL UP.

And how do I pm a mod If they are shown OFFLINE

that is the point

16 hours is 8 hours less than 24.. ;)

And a mod doesnt have to be online for you to PM them.. They can get the message whenever they log on..

Postby army of nobunaga on Tue May 18, 2010 10:04 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:

This is such a friggin joke! The thread is still up!
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=117601

this is lousy.. im sorry.

And I jsut pm huh.. well guess what imcoolerthannoone... I DONT KNOW who the general mod or discussion mods are I DONT FUCKING HAVE YOU PPL MEMORIZED.. how do I pm you?

a joke
Last edited by army of nobunaga on Wed May 19, 2010 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby army of nobunaga on Tue May 18, 2010 10:06 pm

answer mr cool.. you say its my job to memorize who the appropriate mod is to message them? 50+ mods... I have to memorize who is in charge of who... No, then I dont know how to pm you if you are offline.
Last edited by army of nobunaga on Wed May 19, 2010 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby Night Strike on Tue May 18, 2010 10:07 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:And I jsut pm huh.. well guess what imcoolerthannoone... I DONT KNOW who the general mod or discussion mods are I DONT FUCKING HAVE YOU PPL MEMORIZED.. how do I pm you?

At the top of every forum there is a list of the moderator groups for that forum. Click on that link and it will list all the mods within the group. Choose one to PM, click their name, and send them your PM.
Major Night Strike

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Tue May 18, 2010 10:09 pm

There is no need to memorize the mod names.. Click on the link that says 'Discussion Mods' while you are in the section that they moderate... Every section of the forum has the moderators that moderate it on the top of the page..

I will lock it for you if you want

Postby army of nobunaga on Tue May 18, 2010 10:12 pm

You guys dont have to like me... bigger , meaner, nicer, many more ppl than 57 mods dislike me more than you guys... I can live with this. I am who I am and the people that are my friedns are blood brothers. the rest are just people.

My point stands. I couldnt close a thread for over 24 hours. The big thing Ive gotten is I needed to open a ticket or start a thread in Q@A to close a thread. that smacks of ridiculous.

You dont have to like me for me to be right.

I see the same stalwart mods every day that dont hide... they take their job (although a nonpaying one) as a responsibility. Those are the men I would take in battle. The rest of you hide... so "I can have my privacy"

fucking wimps dodging responsibility. (not talking about mods talking about democrats)

Im out...

cheers.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue May 18, 2010 10:13 pm

Okay, AoN, i am about to lock this. Calm down, take a break.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby army of nobunaga on Tue May 18, 2010 10:16 pm

lock it? im calm... lol you guys dont want ppl to vote that bad?
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby edwinissweet on Tue May 18, 2010 10:24 pm

FOR FRODO!!!!!!!!!!!

ok kool, you may lock it now :)
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby army of nobunaga on Tue May 18, 2010 10:26 pm

lol

you always make me laugh.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby jefjef on Tue May 18, 2010 10:47 pm

THIS ONE.

No, they accepted privileges AND RESPONSIBILITIES and should accessible to players to help them and should not be hidden from people needing their help!

Now stop bothering me before I foe every one of you Mothers!
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue May 18, 2010 11:16 pm

Didn't mean to lock it forever, i mean lock it for a day or two, then reopen it once cooler heads prevailed
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby army of nobunaga on Tue May 18, 2010 11:19 pm

im cool.. you guys are jsut not use to the f-bomb.... in all actuality i mean zero offense and hardly think about this when im offline.

but im use to conflict... so its not a big deal to me.. lock it only if you are afraid of ppl voting... im fine.

If you lock this, and stop basic democracy, expect me to unlesh nine kinds of hell though.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed May 19, 2010 12:06 am

Well, one thing, people will be afraid to voice their opinions if a lot the Caps are used, which looks like an angry user. Happened in an older thread before.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby army of nobunaga on Wed May 19, 2010 12:14 am

ill edit in a bit... when I use caps I mean it to be something that ppl dont skim over.. im not exactly a savy computer guy. I forget that it looks like yelling. tnx

edit, fixed... noone is perfect, communication is a skill people are not born with, I dont have it online.. Never was angry one second in this, just wholeheartedly think ppl shirk duty, which is a big negative with me.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby edwinissweet on Wed May 19, 2010 1:01 am

army of nobunaga wrote:ill edit in a bit... when I use caps I mean it to be something that ppl dont skim over.. im not exactly a savy computer guy. I forget that it looks like yelling. tnx

edit, fixed... noone is perfect, communication is a skill people are not born with, I dont have it online.. Never was angry one second in this, just wholeheartedly think ppl shirk duty, which is a big negative with me.

:lol:

ok, im done. lets be serious from now on :ugeek:
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby army of nobunaga on Wed May 19, 2010 1:07 am

edwinissweet wrote:
army of nobunaga wrote:ill edit in a bit... when I use caps I mean it to be something that ppl dont skim over.. im not exactly a savy computer guy. I forget that it looks like yelling. tnx

:lol:

ok, im done. lets be serious from now on :ugeek:

If this was bumpage id call you a name in spanish :-)

Tournaments only thing keeping me in line from a ban (cant live with letting down teammates) :-)
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby saxitoxin on Wed May 19, 2010 2:12 am

Regrettably I'm not familiar enough with the background of this situation to comment fully but I trust AON's perspective on matters, generally speaking, enough that I am inclined to concur with the No Hide position.
I STAND WITH THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby JoshyBoy on Wed May 19, 2010 5:31 am

Some moderators may have to hide their online status sometimes, as when appearing online they will sometimes get bombarded with PMs, wall posts, etc. and hiding their online status gives them a little breather. I see AON's point though, as it must be frustrating when you really need to speak to a mod and there is none about. As for me personally, I never hide my status and I'm always here for anyone who has any questions.

Cheers, JB ;)
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby darth emperor on Wed May 19, 2010 9:12 am

Well I agree with them if they want to hide they can hide. I mean if you need something just pm to the right mod (in this case one of this one memberlist.php?mode=group&g=193009) and wait doesn't matter if they are online....is not something that you need them to do RIGHT NOW... you can wait few hours (at least 24 hours or even 48 hours just in case that mod didnt connect for x reasons).If after a few hours no response then just ask another and finish.

I mean who tells you that if you can see if they are online,and you pm them when are online they are going to do right now? I dont think it would change in any way that you can see their status...maybe they have log in just to see the turns or just for a concrete reason...and even if you send them 1000 messages...when the correspondent mod can.. he'll do as simple as that
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed May 19, 2010 12:29 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:
iamkoolerthanu wrote:

This is such a friggin joke! The thread is still up!
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=117601

this is lousy.. im sorry.

And I jsut pm huh.. well guess what imcoolerthannoone... I DONT KNOW who the general mod or discussion mods are I DONT FUCKING HAVE YOU PPL MEMORIZED.. how do I pm you?

a joke

Just to answer this earlier post: Have you checked out the "Team" page on the Forum?

Team CC. It lists everyone, their Dept, and whether they are a Dept. Volunteer or a Dept. Leader.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby jefjef on Wed May 19, 2010 12:57 pm

darth emperor wrote:Well I agree with them if they want to hide they can hide. I mean if you need something just pm to the right mod (in this case one of this one memberlist.php?mode=group&g=193009) and wait doesn't matter if they are online....is not something that you need them to do RIGHT NOW... you can wait few hours (at least 24 hours or even 48 hours just in case that mod didnt connect for x reasons).If after a few hours no response then just ask another and finish.

I mean who tells you that if you can see if they are online,and you pm them when are online they are going to do right now? I dont think it would change in any way that you can see their status...maybe they have log in just to see the turns or just for a concrete reason...and even if you send them 1000 messages...when the correspondent mod can.. he'll do as simple as that

Well darth.

There have been several instances where multi's have been created and bigotry and racism and flames were posted all over the place.

I personally had attempted to contact "online" mods to alert them to it.

Well if you don't know who's online than it's a bit tough to get things accomplished.

SIMPLE AS THAT!
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions