Conquer Club

[GC] Choose Which Position (Color) to Join in a Game

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Choose Army Color At Start ~Stickied/Last Call TFO~

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:35 am

i'd assume everybody picks his own colour, and does not realy change the colour thats being played with, so if i pick red. the red player does not change, only the representation of my colour. that way, everybody can pick red, everybody gets the keep the gamesequence they are used too, minus their own colour change, but if you always pick red, that should not be too hard..

arg. headache..
no i think this is a bad idea right now. it need to be worked on
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:21 pm

SirSebstar wrote:i'd assume everybody picks his own colour, and does not realy change the colour thats being played with, so if i pick red. the red player does not change, only the representation of my colour. that way, everybody can pick red, everybody gets the keep the gamesequence they are used too, minus their own colour change, but if you always pick red, that should not be too hard..

arg. headache..

Yeah... bad idea. Because say you try calling out to yellow... but nobody picked yellow, so everybody goes "He must be talking to someone else"
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:59 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:i'd assume everybody picks his own colour, and does not realy change the colour thats being played with, so if i pick red. the red player does not change, only the representation of my colour. that way, everybody can pick red, everybody gets the keep the gamesequence they are used too, minus their own colour change, but if you always pick red, that should not be too hard..

arg. headache..

Yeah... bad idea. Because say you try calling out to yellow... but nobody picked yellow, so everybody goes "He must be talking to someone else"

I can't say that I entirely follow what SirSebstar was trying to say, but it does seem awfully wrong and doesn't sound like either option that lack put forward.

I really think that option 2, being picking which colour slot you join under, just like in team games, is the best way to go for this and would work fine. It has minimal impact on how things work on the site and everybody still gets to pick which colour they are out of the ones that are remaining in the game.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby MrBenn on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:19 pm

Perhaps the easiest way to do it, would be to allow people to join specific slots, in a similar way to how you can join specific teams; the play/colour order should remain the same however.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:55 pm

MrBenn wrote:Perhaps the easiest way to do it, would be to allow people to join specific slots, in a similar way to how you can join specific teams; the play/colour order should remain the same however.

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:I really think that option 2, being picking which colour slot you join under, just like in team games, is the best way to go for this and would work fine. It has minimal impact on how things work on the site and everybody still gets to pick which colour they are out of the ones that are remaining in the game.

I fully support this :)
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:08 pm

Yes, i believe Option 2 is going to be used for this
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby ender516 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:10 am

I guess Option 2 is workable, but I always pictured this change more like Sir Sebstar described. Yes, it would mean not being able to use colour names in the chat, but how hard is it to copy and paste the name from the players list? Or simply add player numbers, so that you call out to #1 instead of red? If I could choose the colour scheme for each game I was in, I could avoid using blue for anyone on dark maps. The same would go for yellow on light ones, or ones where there were many neutrals. I wouldn't use both red and pink on one map. This would all work provided I didn't play any 8 player games. Hey, if I could change the colours, hopefully I could change them to anything, not just swap the basic 8 around.

EDIT: I guess I'm saying I like the Custom Colors suggestion, including its chat code idea.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:22 am

Well, i hardly see anyone in game chats actually use player names. Most of them all go by colors. So i still think that the Enter game in each slot would be the better/smarter choice
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby KingUncles on Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:53 am

I would like to see this,
The only problem with this if people choose the same colour, i guess it would have to be the first comes, first served.
Sergeant 1st Class KingUncles

Postby qwertylpc on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:34 pm

some people are adding ideas to over complicate

in the begining the creator of the came makes the game lets say 4 player doubles game and is no color (like in battle royals when you aren't one of the first eight to join).

Then he selects his color lets say red

now he invites his partner (player c)

then another player (player b) joins he selects his color green and invites his partner (player d)

player c recieves the invite and chooses blue

now player d recieves his invite and he chooses from the remaining colors orange

simple no to players can be the same color, first come first serve
-qwertylpc :D 8-) :lol:

My active tournaments looking for players
Q's "Hey you went first!"
Q's 1v1 NBA Playoffs
Q's Feudal Overlord

Game 9151351
Most Consecutive Troops Defeated 0
Most Consecutive Troops Lost 14
Major qwertylpc

Location: In front of a computer somewhere out there in the universe

Postby Commander62890 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:16 am

Don't do this. It would totally f*ck with my head in team games.
I am so used to dubs being R+G vs B+Y, trips being R,G,B vs Y,P,C, and quads being R,G,B,Y vs P,C,O,S.

If all the colors were mixed up... I'm serious, this could have an effect on my gameplay (if I was rushing). At the very least, it would be confusing... all this so you can have your favorite color? I love blue, but there's no way I want this to happen and affect the game like this.

Honestly, I'm totally fine with this being implemented in every other type of game, but you can't make this mandatory for team games. An option, maybe. But this can't go through and affect team games.
Major Commander62890

Postby grifftron on Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:58 am

Commander62890 wrote:Don't do this. It would totally f*ck with my head in team games.
I am so used to dubs being R+G vs B+Y, trips being R,G,B vs Y,P,C, and quads being R,G,B,Y vs P,C,O,S.

If all the colors were mixed up... I'm serious, this could have an effect on my gameplay (if I was rushing). At the very least, it would be confusing... all this so you can have your favorite color? I love blue, but there's no way I want this to happen and affect the game like this.

Honestly, I'm totally fine with this being implemented in every other type of game, but you can't make this mandatory for team games. An option, maybe. But this can't go through and affect team games.

I agree with Commander, it would just mess things up in team games.
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:31 pm

Commander62890 wrote:Don't do this. It would totally f*ck with my head in team games.

That was already thrown out the door Commander. The way we have it now, is that players join what slot they want. So in a Quads game, it would still be R+G+B+Y vs +P+C+O+S. Instead you'd have something like this

[Player A]
Join as Green
Join as Blue
Join as Yellow
vs
Join as Pink
Join as Cyan
Join as Orange
Join as Slate
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Commander62890 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:41 pm

Ah, I see. That's fine.

So, if you already had a quads team set up... you could pick from 1 of 4 colors?
Major Commander62890

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:46 pm

Yes, you'd get the invite, and first to respond, would get to pick which slot they join. Well, that's how i see it.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby stahrgazer on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:53 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:The way we have it now, is that players join what slot they want. So in a Quads game, it would still be R+G+B+Y vs +P+C+O+S. Instead you'd have something like this

[Player A]
Join as Green
Join as Blue
Join as Yellow
vs
Join as Pink
Join as Cyan
Join as Orange
Join as Slate

Makes sense, but... would "invites" enable the accepting player to select whether he'll be invite 2, 3, or 4, as well? Or if you "invite" him first, would he automatically be assigned the next avail color on the team?
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:10 pm

Ah, miss stahr, please look up, and you shall find an answer to your question
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby oldrisky44 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:42 am

I have a hard time seeing yellow, so, once I figured that out, I don't join 4th. The colors really don't mean anything, they just mark your spot on the board. Besides, I think pink is manly.
Corporal 1st Class oldrisky44
SoC Training Adviser

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:07 am

I hate to be a downer, but I hope this is "stickied" because it's an easy change and won't take much time. There are a lot of useful changes I'd rather see before "Oooh yay! I wanna be blue!" ever goes into effect.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Queen_Herpes on Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:42 pm

Seems ultimately to slow down the game. I get it, sometimes I am playing in multiple doubles games where I am red in one, green in another, blue in a third and yellow in four others. Gets confusing. BUT, will it slow things down when joining games? It seems like changes to the colors (in general) would be better and if you cannot see a particular color, you can click that color-blindness button that gives a letter next to each army. A whole host of other changes I'd like to see to the site before putting this one through, considering there are many other ways of dealing with someone's personal preference of color and already a way to deal with color blind players.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby windowmere on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:19 am

Queen_Herpes wrote:and if you cannot see a particular color, you can click that color-blindness button that gives a letter next to each army.

That doesn't work very well.
Even with BOB enabled it's much easier to play as a colour you can distinguish easily than one of the others, because you can't just look at the board and see what is going on. (It's not practical to try and control which colour you are by, say, always trying to be the 4th player)
I understand that this change isn't important for everyone, but it would be a huge help for colourblind players

(This comment inspired by the "it won't help me, so we shouldn't do it" posts above)
Corporal windowmere

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:58 pm

Alright, i updated the very first post. I will be moving this to Submitted
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:58 pm

Yay!

I call Pink you bastards!
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:39 pm

Is this being implemented?
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby MichelSableheart on Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:25 pm

How suggestions work wrote:Submitted Suggestions -- This is a sub-forum storehouse of Finalized Suggestions will allow Lackattack to review every once in a while Submitted Suggestions during [Feature] Updates, so he can find the most fitting, relevant, and desired Suggestions to be added to the his plans for the current/next Feature update. This will allow Lackattack to keep an eye on what is desired and allow him to work Submitted Suggestions into an ever changing priority list. This will also allow people to more easily see if a Suggestion has been Submitted before, reducing repeat Suggestions and keeping similar content in appropriate forum topics.

So basically, this will be implemented when Lack determines it the most fitting, relevant and desired suggestion.
Brigadier MichelSableheart

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions