Conquer Club

[Site]Increase the 50 Pending Game Limit

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Increase the 50 Pending game limit.

Postby AAFitz on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:02 pm

Queen_Herpes wrote:I agree with AON. This should be implemented. Some players like to play a lot of games. Why limit them? There is no good reason mentioned in the previous posts against AON's suggestion.

Actually, the fact that CC is already the best value for the buck and offers more games than any other site, and more than most combined already is a good reason. Also, the fact that 50 current games limits the damage a point dumper can do is a good reason. Further, the fact that it protects over-zealous players from making too many games than they can handle is even a good reason.

You may not consider them good reasons, but that does not mean they are not.

I myself suggest that if anyone can find a site that offers more for the $25 than CC does in the way of games they can post it. If there is a competitor offering more, than by all means raising the number to be competitive makes sense. If not, being the absolute bargain in the world seems like it might be just fine as it is, especially given the number of other reasons that factor in.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby army of nobunaga on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:11 pm

AAFitz wrote:
Queen_Herpes wrote:I agree with AON. This should be implemented. Some players like to play a lot of games. Why limit them? There is no good reason mentioned in the previous posts against AON's suggestion.

Actually, the fact that CC is already the best value for the buck and offers more games than any other site, and more than most combined already is a good reason. Also, the fact that 50 current games limits the damage a point dumper can do is a good reason. Further, the fact that it protects over-zealous players from making too many games than they can handle is even a good reason.

I myself suggest that if anyone can find a site that offers more for the $25 than CC does in the way of games they can post it. If there is a competitor offering more, than by all means raising the number to be competitive makes sense. If not, being the absolute bargain in the world seems like it might be just fine as it is, especially given the number of other reasons that factor in.

you are such a putz

go on with your 10 quads games and 20 1vs1's.....

maybe the rest of the ppl in cc are not quite as wimpy... maybe the rest... the OTHER 20000 ASSHOLES may want more.

The best bargain on the web? are you staff or just pretending to be? Why dont you let the ppl that actually pay the bills and run the site worry about bargain.

maybve they will worry I will not upgrade 5 more ppl these next 5 months If they dont change this easy to change thing?

Maybe fitz as always you are in way over your head and just putting in an opinion rather than fact or something worthwile..

swhocking
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby AAFitz on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:25 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:
AAFitz wrote:

you are such a putz

go on with your 10 quads games and 20 1vs1's.....

maybe the rest of the ppl in cc are not quite as wimpy... maybe the rest... the OTHER 20000 ASSHOLES may want more.

The best bargain on the web? are you staff or just pretending to be? Why dont you let the ppl that actually pay the bills and run the site worry about bargain.

maybve they will worry I will not upgrade 5 more ppl these next 5 months If they dont change this easy to change thing?

Maybe fitz as always you are in way over your head and just putting in an opinion rather than fact or something worthwile..

swhocking

I am very sorry my disagreement causes you so much emotional pain.

In any case, learn to read map rank better...:lol:
Last edited by AAFitz on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.

Postby army of nobunaga on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:26 pm

bah... mods please go to all my other threads.. this guy is someone that has a hardon for me.. its embarrassing... he follows me from forum to forum... pm me and ill give you the links
Maps Maps Maps!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby army of nobunaga on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:29 pm

bah f*ck it... gonna treat him like the rest of my fan club and foe him... in all the replys here he is the only one against it and his argument is so ppl dont cheat

well dumbass.... pppl point dump in 1vs1's and you dont need but 10 pending games to get all those you want.

good argument.

foed
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby AAFitz on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:31 pm

Last edited by AAFitz on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Too much. I know.

Postby army of nobunaga on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:35 pm

AAFitz wrote:Mod Edit

blahg blah blah
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby edwinissweet on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:58 am

Take it to private messaging. Stop spamming and trolling the thread
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:09 am

AAFitz wrote:

So why add in any more Options to this site? Since no other site comes close to us. Why add in 1v1 teams? Why add in 12 player games?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby AAFitz on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:33 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:
AAFitz wrote:

So why add in any more Options to this site? Since no other site comes close to us. Why add in 1v1 teams? Why add in 12 player games?

Well other options are fine, or not fine, but also have nothing to do with this one in particular. Im sure I commented on those suggestions in their respective threads. This one, however, is about increasing the number of pending games, which is not necessary, and brings with it the risk of massive game throwing, not to mention accidental game throwing by people who simply start too many and end up missing their turns and creating more deadbeating.

Further, I would think the number of games must impact the memory and the resources of the site, and that 50 is more than a fair number to have waiting at once, without taking the risk of making the waiting games much much larger, thereby making it even more confusing for players to look through and join games.

Also, there are a ridiculous number of waiting games to be joined, and the more games that people can make, the less likely those other games will be joined, so in the end, this suggestion would only add to the waiting games pages, which again was one of the reasons it was limited to 50 in the first place.

If its changed its changed. Maybe Id even take advantage of it myself, but it was implemented for a reason, and because the unlimited games waiting was causing problems in the first place. This isnt a new suggestion to try something. Its a suggestion to reverse a decision which was made for a great number of reasons, because it caused a great number of problems, when it was essentially the system before. If those reasons arent great enough vs the small benefit to the very few that might start more than 50 games at once in the waiting pile, then by all means, open it up to unlimited.

It just doesnt seem to be worth the risk or the trouble, especially when the amount offered is so far beyond anything that one can get for the same price anywhere else.
Too much. I know.

Postby Queen_Herpes on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:13 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
AAFitz wrote:

Excellent point, TFO, as someone else pointed out, the admins usually jump on point dumping quickly anyways, so that really isn't a reason to prevent this from happening.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:51 pm

Exactly, Assassin was an easy way for multi's to get points, and an easy way to point dump, but it still got implemented. The whole "It's easy to point dump" Could be thrown on to a lot of suggestions.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby AAFitz on Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:49 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:Exactly, Assassin was an easy way for multi's to get points, and an easy way to point dump, but it still got implemented. The whole "It's easy to point dump" Could be thrown on to a lot of suggestions.

Well, thats fine. You address one of the many problems by saying...yes its a problem, but do it anyways.

What about the other problems?

Taxing the resources.

Creating many more pages of unjoined games.

Creating the join a game page into a simple list of games that wont get filled.

The fact that this suggestion affects everyone on the site, but benefits the absolute minimum of players anyways.

Would make even farming much easier.

Allows someone to spam with pages of games when they quit the site, just to give the moderators work to delete them.

in addition to making point dumping easy, which I agree, would be a pointless reason to not increase the limit by itself, but if you weigh all the problems, with the one tiny benefit, which benefits very few players, possibly below 20 of them, and certainly not more than 50 players I suspect....it just doesnt seem worth it to create all those problems, when the site is already offering an unlimited amount of games and has hundreds of waiting games that people can join at all times.

Again, It doesnt affect me too much beyond the taxing the resources part, the mods and lack will deal with correcting all the other abuses, which we all know will be many, Im just pointing out the reasons the limit was put in place in the first place, and why it is nearly unnecessary.
Too much. I know.

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:43 pm

somehow .. I doubt you will find that many people with over 50 waiting games. For those who can handle it, then well they should be able to. The abuse with this will not be large if at all.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby JoshyBoy on Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:55 pm

I suppose we could submit this shortly. As with all suggestions, lack has the final say.

Cheers, JB ;)
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby AAFitz on Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:03 am

Bruceswar wrote:somehow .. I doubt you will find that many people with over 50 waiting games. For those who can handle it, then well they should be able to. The abuse with this will not be large if at all.

Actually thats the point. Not many will do this, so the update is for a very few. Also, of those few, it is more likely that they will think they can handle more, not be able to and miss turns.

Pros:
The 50 limit keeps one from accidentally biting off more than they can chew.
It keeps one from purposely biting off more than they can chew.
It helps reduce farming of one type of game.
It helps reduce the risk of massive point dumping abuse.
Keeps a player from unfairly taxing game resources.

Cons:
It limits just a few players to 50 waiting games at one time.

The benefits are to the whole site, the cons restrict very few players as you yourself said. If the limit needs to be increased slightly, I suppose it wouldnt matter, but it could open those very players up to accusations of intentional deadbeating, or other abuses, so increasing it is probably not even better for those few players. Hell, its even possible the 50 limit is there for their own protection against wasting their time. Again, there's just no real benefit, and multiple reasons why it was established, and should probably just stay, not the least of which that CC still offers more games than any other by far.
Too much. I know.

raise the waiting player limit.

Postby 40kguy on Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:58 pm

Concise description:
raise the amount of waiting players you can have at once.

Specifics/Details:
[list]
make it so i can have more then 50 games up at once.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
it is making me very angry on how i can only have 50 games up at once and a lot of other people think the same. it will make it more fun for the people on cc who play complex maps that take 30 days to join. it will also make this site more fun because you can play it more.
16:00:18 ā€¹Pixarā€ŗ Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:22 pm

Merged
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby JoshyBoy on Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:46 pm

This has been in here a while, I'd like to see this either implemented or rejected.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

waiting games

Postby Mageplunka69 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:15 pm

waiting games

After all this time playing games, and all the fun that i have and create, i really think we should be able to pay extra for 75, or 100 waiting games. i think there are alot of players that would pay more, or want more waiting games......just a thought, and im sure that many people have asked already as well

We keep growing in size and maps

I also create a majority of the waiting games on this site as well

just wish we all had the opportunity to have more games to set up as well
Sergeant 1st Class Mageplunka69

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:45 am

MErged
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

do away with the 50 games waiting limit

Postby hartwood72603 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:06 am

[Delete Me]
PLACE THE NAME OF THE SUGGESTION IN THE SUBJECT LINE!

Things to remember when posting a new suggestion are that the dice are random, and that lots of analysis has been done on them both internally and public by community members. Also, please take time to search for previous similar suggestions and, if possible, to check current and archived threads before posting something "new". Delete the xxxxxxx, and substitute your text.

Any questions, contact one of the Suggestions Moderators.
[/Delete Me]

Concise description:
  • xxxxxxx

Specifics/Details:
  • xxxxxxx

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • xxxxxxx
Cook hartwood72603

Re: do away with the 50 games waiting limit

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:05 am

You should properly fill out the form with your suggestion and reasons why you believe this would benefit the site
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:27 pm

MERGED with an existing Submitted Suggestion.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Re: [Site]Increase the 50 Pending Game Limit

Postby spiesr on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:36 pm

IMPLEMENTED
Now to wait for someone to suggest "Increase the 100 Pending Game Limit"...
Captain spiesr

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions