Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 33: 19-7-10] How evil is Evil Semp?

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 33: 19-7-10] How evil is Evil Semp?

Postby laughingcavalier on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:45 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 33rd edition of the Dispatch :)

There is always something to talk about on Conquer Club - and this week it is our new Conqueror. For some, he has manipulated the rules and done himself and the rest of us an injustice; for others he has come up with a plan to succeed where so many have failed - whichever, congratulations Emmdizzle.

Most of us only have to talk about these things - this week we interview one of the players who has to decide, who keeps us all on the straight and narrow, multi-hunter Evil Semp.

There will be talking face-to-face at the Annual Risk Classic. Steelhorse - or should that be Carter? - spills the beans in War Games. We get a chance to discuss what will be next to come out of the Foundry, and in Platoon Report we give a shout for the winners of season 2 of the Clan League.

From this issue, the four execs heading up the sections will be taking it in turns to publish, while wise old samuelc812 offers his advice and encouragement from behind the scenes. Sam has had a hand in our new crossword too - have fun.

We'll be on a relaxed schedule over the summer and hope to get back into publishing fortnightly when the vacation season is over.

laughingcavalier - Newsletter Executive

Introducing Conquer Club Crossword, a fun new way to amuse yourself in between turns :) Challenge yourself with the crosswords we've assembled, try your hand at the arcade and climb to 1st Place! There is something for everyone, now there is no excuse to say you're bored in between turns :)

To celebrate summer in the northern hemisphere, in Issue #34 of the Conquer Club Dispatch we will have some special crosswords and a contest to boot! So register now and get a feel for it, and most importantly have fun in between turns! :D

~ thenobodies80 & samuelc812

We have got a shout out for reporters, so if you would like to join the newsletter team please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

Evening Conquer Clubbers. I'm afraid it is another short edition of the Mess Hall that I present to you today. However, this should change in future issues with the promise of fresh blood joining the team. Thanks for the applications that I have received so far, you shall hear from me very soon :). This edition we have our regular feature From the pit... by elfish_ladas well as a story of love, a story of love for the game by deathcomesrippin. We also have an interrogation of the hunter of multis Evil Semp. Below you shall also find our latest chef cartoon :)

nagerous

Click image to enlarge.

From the pit... by elfish_lad
show

Conquer Club: A Love Story by deathcomesrippin
show

show: interrogation of evil semp

Once again the tournament team is back to bring you all the big tournament news. The News from the Front continues with an update of the scoreboard and the first completed TPA tournament. Amazzony provides an overview on the recently announced Tournament General Achievement Medals policy. You will also fined an interview with Steelhorse about his 1st Annual Classic tournament.

Sir. Ricco
Tournament Executive

News from the Front by the Tournament Team
show

General Achievement Medals Policy by amazzony
show

The 1st Annual RISK Classic and Satellite by Sir. Ricco
show

Hello! This issue will be dedicated to all the victims of World War I. Wars are terrible, especially ones that big. But on the bright side they make good material for strategy games.
Long story short, I hope you enjoy this issue. (I was going to write a longer introduction, but some stuff happened and...) ;)
-nd

Latest News

show

Maps Review

Maps Briefly
show

Map Showroom
show

Map Spotlight
show

Inside the Foundry

History 101: The Great War
show

When THOTA won season 1 of the Clan League everyone knew it confirmed them as the best clan around. So is the same true this year of the League Division 1 winners? Or can the Div 2 winners call themselves contenders? Are THOTA going to be surpassed - or will they keep on pulling it out when the going gets hardest? Or maybe it's some other formula entirely we'll need to decide who is the best clan in town...
With all this excitement and too few reporters, we've not paid enough attention lately to the many great challenges going on, so we begin to put that right with a quick look at the latest clan war to come to an exciting finale.

Latest News

League: Legendary Champions by laughingcavalier (AoD)
show

Conqueror's Cup: THOTA survive by Dai_atan (Legion)
show

FOED challenge Imperial Dragoons by laughingcavalier (AoD)
show

Features

Keeping up Appearances; A Look into Ranks and Ladders by Dai_atan (Legion)
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of Slowreactor. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with Slowreactor

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to nagerous and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscibe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team
Major laughingcavalier

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 33: 19-7-10] How evil is Evil Semp?

Postby jleonnn on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:10 am

Do you need to create an account on CC crosswords if you already have one here?
Major jleonnn

Postby samuelc812 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:25 am

jleonnn wrote:Do you need to create an account on CC crosswords if you already have one here?

Yes you do, the sites are completely separate.

~Sam
Captain samuelc812

Postby jleonnn on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:12 am

OK thanks
Major jleonnn

Postby laughingcavalier on Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:18 am

The full superrag/mikiesdios interview didn't make it into the Dispatch - here it is. BE WARNED: it contains X-rated material - do not read if you may be offended.

superrag wrote:

mikiesdios wrote:i want to say that my english isn't good, but i hope you could understand it... maybe f***ing superrag could add anything...
laughingcavalier wrote:Thanks guys - here's your questions:

How long have you been playing together, how did you meet, do you know each other in real life?

i'm not sure, but from the begining we played together... i think i didn't play more than 10 games alone...
5 years ago I met superrag's mother one night in a club... XD
In real life both of us live in Madrid so sometimes we have gone out together with other friends from other game we played before...

I don't remember how long, but obviously it has been way too long! ;)
We have been playing together almost from the very beginning since I joined, I think I played 5-10 games alone, and then I thought miki could use the game as a way to leave the drugs and alcohol behind...judging from his last games, it seems it hasn't worked out that well...
mikiesdios wrote:

laughingcavalier wrote:What makes you such a great doubles partnership?

normally i don't agree superrag tactics, so we must to talk about it at the begining of the games...

It's all because of me! Mikiesdios is a great partner to drop armies on my terrritories and then fort me, he is useless any other way...
mikiesdios wrote:
laughingcavalier wrote:Are the Bullet Proof Bandits the sexiest clan on CC?

Superrag should answer this question, he had to suck some d*cks to get our premium... XD

Sexiest? If you are not heteresexual, yes, I think it is very sexy xD
mikiesdios wrote:
laughingcavalier wrote:Are you enjoying having premium? Does it make Conquer Club more fun?

As i said in the previus question, superrag should answer this one too... but in my opinion he enjoyed it a lot!!! XD
About if premium make me have more fun, i'm not sure becuase i have to said that at the begining i was a little stressed because there a lot of games to play...

Like they say, tso many assholes, so few bullets...Being premium means that we can kick much more asses, so you guys don't have to wait in a big line.We have love for all of you, just come and get it xDD
mikiesdios wrote:
laughingcavalier wrote:Andrés Iniesta or Alberto Contador?

I think that it's not the person, it's the team who makes it work... There are a lot of great players in spain now, maybe Nadal or Gasol... but this question is very easy to answer just after his goal in the final... so Andres Iniesta!! It could be nice if he would play in Real Madrid...
Alberto Contador is the better spanish cyclist right now, but he has to beat Miguel Indurain first...

Let me just say that we are foortball world champions for the next four years, and still europe champions for the next two...so, as Maradona likes to say, you can all suck and then keep sucking ;D
Major laughingcavalier

Postby AppleJuiceKing on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:40 pm

Dear Elfish_lad:

I'm a pretty big noob on this site at the moment but your article gave an interesting perspective on the community that the -in- crowd seems to know so well.

Thanks for the read.
- AJ

P.s.
Trés amusant.
Way to keep your humor through old age!
Sergeant AppleJuiceKing

Return to Newsletter Issues