Conquer Club

[GO] Fog of Rank

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Hide rank in game

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:48 am

jrh_cardinal wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Molwen wrote:Thanks for the well thought out reply :)
Like I said, maybe the best solution is a rule change to make any kind of rank based 'ganging up' against the rules, allowing higher ranked players to avoid games with lower ranked ones if they so choose, but preventing the lower/higher ranked players getting an unfair disadvantage if, for example, they happen to be matched up together in a tournament.

I would like to see tournament games be point-free. The site, however, seems bound and determined not to give into good sense.

If you did this you waould have to say clan wars are point-free too. After tourneys and clan wars, many high-ranked players don't play, or hardly play. Their rank would just stay the same.

In terms of this thread, I agre that if no ranks were involved it would be fairer, just don't see how a rule change can fix this, you can still see people's wall with one click.

My suggestion is to create a thread in the Callouts Forum (or find one if there's one already there) and create private games for non-officers. I don't think a thread for this level exists, but look at the Lieutenants local, Mess Hall (the Captain one, may have gotten the name slightly wrong), or the 2000+ thread for the basic idea. Think of a password, create a few private games, and tell people to PM you for the pasword. Then this is not a problem, everyone is around the same rank.

I made one for you (wow I'm really bored tonight), here you go: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=114385&start=0. If you want to set the password PM me, if not I'll think of something.
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby Molwen on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:21 am

Hmmm, a forum is not really what I had in mind, I am going to go out on a limb and suggest that most of the heavy forum users are at the top of the ranking tree anyway.
The problem has mainly occurred in tournaments at any rate, something that would not be negated by having free play games for lower ranked only players.
Again, thankyou all for your time and ideas! :D
Sergeant 1st Class Molwen

Postby Woodruff on Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:16 am

jrh_cardinal wrote:
jrh_cardinal wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Molwen wrote:Thanks for the well thought out reply :)
Like I said, maybe the best solution is a rule change to make any kind of rank based 'ganging up' against the rules, allowing higher ranked players to avoid games with lower ranked ones if they so choose, but preventing the lower/higher ranked players getting an unfair disadvantage if, for example, they happen to be matched up together in a tournament.

I would like to see tournament games be point-free. The site, however, seems bound and determined not to give into good sense.

If you did this you waould have to say clan wars are point-free too. After tourneys and clan wars, many high-ranked players don't play, or hardly play. Their rank would just stay the same.

In terms of this thread, I agre that if no ranks were involved it would be fairer, just don't see how a rule change can fix this, you can still see people's wall with one click.

My suggestion is to create a thread in the Callouts Forum (or find one if there's one already there) and create private games for non-officers. I don't think a thread for this level exists, but look at the Lieutenants local, Mess Hall (the Captain one, may have gotten the name slightly wrong), or the 2000+ thread for the basic idea. Think of a password, create a few private games, and tell people to PM you for the pasword. Then this is not a problem, everyone is around the same rank.

I made one for you (wow I'm really bored tonight), here you go: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=114385&start=0. If you want to set the password PM me, if not I'll think of something.

I do appreciate the thought, but no need to make it for me. I play anyone anytime...I'm a big believer in the public game. Once you start limiting yourself to playing only certain people (outside of foe'ing the codeblue's of the site), the game gets rather boring, in my opinion. And forum-dredging is VERY, VERY limiting, though I have done it a bit lately to fill up my 8-man random map public games because I didn't want to wait as long as it would likely take to fill them up.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby rubenschtorm on Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:36 pm

whats the problem.?ive been targetted in the board game for years, adds to the challenge and makes you a better player. ;)
Private rubenschtorm

Re: Anonymous Games *To Do*

Postby superkarn on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:30 am

This feature is like 6 years in the making and counting :)

Here's another (old) thread about the same feature: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=73179&p=1902158

(Bumped because it was posted before the new suggestion process)
Major superkarn

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:28 pm

That's why we said :P If there was an old suggestion on the To Do list, bring it to our attention. You may need the ball rolling again with this suggestion.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Queen_Herpes on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:42 pm

Such a good idea. One step closer to some other changes. Make it an option, and I will choose it.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby Incandenza on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:59 am

Queen_Herpes wrote:Such a good idea. One step closer to some other changes. Make it an option, and I will choose it.

100% concur, I think this would be a lot of fun.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby Joodoo on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:36 am

Delicious, if combined with Random Map.
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby superkarn on Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:55 am

Nobody else is interested in this? :shock:
Major superkarn

Postby Woodruff on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:01 pm

I am...though I'm wondering how farming might be affected by this...I presume the C&A folks will still be able to see who is who?

I'd also, of course, like to find out "who was who" once the game was complete, as well.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby superkarn on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:22 pm

Woodruff wrote:I'd also, of course, like to find out "who was who" once the game was complete, as well.

I agree with this. Just like the fog games, once the anonymous games are over, all the info should be available (minus the chat?).
Major superkarn

Postby anonymus on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:05 pm

had this idea for a tournament way back.. still think it is a good idea..
go for it if possible..
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:50 am

superkarn wrote:
Woodruff wrote:I'd also, of course, like to find out "who was who" once the game was complete, as well.

I agree with this. Just like the fog games, once the anonymous games are over, all the info should be available (minus the chat?).

Why wouldn't you want to see the chat? Particularly given that you'll have to rate people potentially based on that chat.

Postby superkarn on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:34 am

Woodruff wrote:Why wouldn't you want to see the chat? Particularly given that you'll have to rate people potentially based on that chat.

I meant private chat. e.g. note to self and team chat. Anything that's public should remain public.
Major superkarn

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:22 pm

superkarn wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Why wouldn't you want to see the chat? Particularly given that you'll have to rate people potentially based on that chat.

I meant private chat. e.g. note to self and team chat. Anything that's public should remain public.

Oh, ok...that makes much more sense, yes.

Postby edwinissweet on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:45 pm

I want this, it would be epic. Along with completely random settings.
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby sherkaner on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:07 pm

Hmm, this is about being unknown during/before a game.

I think this would work for most games, but I'd kill the idea of teams farming in these kinds of games too (though it adds something to the flavour for them too, not knowing who they'll fight.. I guess specialized teams will just kill ordinary team games for others again).
So maybe reshuffling the players right before the game starts (for this type) would be a nice idea too?

Then it almost becomes joining a pool of players waiting for a particular map/settings combination. Which makes sense in my mind, and will give sole players a better chance to enjoy team games.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Queen_Herpes on Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:01 am

How would it work with invitations? I'm all in favor of this, but if the inviter is hidden, it could be farming. Perhaps no invitations? Though that would kill someone's ability to play with whom they want to play with in a team game.

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby Woodruff on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:00 pm

Queen_Herpes wrote:How would it work with invitations? I'm all in favor of this, but if the inviter is hidden, it could be farming. Perhaps no invitations? Though that would kill someone's ability to play with whom they want to play with in a team game.

Good point about the invitations...I think invitations would by definition have to be eliminated for these sorts of games. That wouldn't necessarily kill the ability to play with a certain teammate, because PMs (the "manual invitation", if you will) would still work for that, though admittedly the potential for "missing your partner" would exist if someone else stepped in during the interim.

Postby superkarn on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:29 pm

I had something else in mind. Instead of being totally anonymous, you know who's in the game just not what color they are. In that sense, you can still play with your friends, invitation should still work. And you also get the benefits of anonymity. :)

I don't know what team farming is, so I can't comment on that.
Major superkarn

suggestion

Postby thebest712 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:45 am

Concise description:
  • add a option that names are hided in games, you only see the collours

Specifics/Details:
  • you can see all the players, but you don't know who is blue, or red or..., not sure how to do it for chat, maybe also red says: or the name in black

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • - in terminator games high rankers will be not the target
    - in other games its fun to not knowing who is winning, or they have to have fear of them
Major thebest712

Re: suggestion

Postby Arama86n on Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:49 am

On this site diplomatic talk is allowed in gamechat, and some people feel this is a needed, wanted and fun part of play. This change/option negates that factor of CC.

Personally if the people with power want to implement this as an option, I'm fine with it. It doesn't really interest me though. Things long this line have been suggested many times, and ignored/rejected many times.. so don't hold your breath :)
Major Arama86n

Postby Darwins_Bane on Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:18 pm

i seem to remember this or something very similar being suggested already. but I'm not able to find the thread at the current moment.
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ‹Khan22› wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ‹TheForgivenOne› No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:20 pm

Yes, this is a form the Anonymous Games, i believe. Merged
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions