Conquer Club

Announcing: Conquer Club Notifier

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby wacicha on Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:07 pm

and i did it in under an hour (course i cried threw my mouse and was hand held thru it by mrdexter and wicked!!
Major wacicha

Postby wicked on Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:08 pm

Phobia wrote:OMG U GAVE ME A VIRUS!

quick! run to the clinic!
Major wicked

Postby lackattack on Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:20 pm

Bravo Kevin

This is one sexy piece of software!
Sergeant lackattack

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:33 pm

Something that will surely come in handy. Is there perhaps a way for it, when minimized to system tray, to show its information while you hover the mouse over it?

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Phobia on Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:33 pm

wicked wrote:
Phobia wrote:OMG U GAVE ME A VIRUS!

quick! run to the clinic!

yeah i went, have to take two doses of antivirus software a day :)
Sergeant 1st Class Phobia

Postby PaperPlunger on Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:53 pm

Wic, no offense, but you are completely* computer illiterate are you not?

*= almost
Private PaperPlunger

Postby wicked on Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:59 pm

lackattack wrote:Bravo Kevin

This is one sexy piece of software!

Oh poor Lack, you really do need to get out more if you're thinking the software is sexy. :lol:
Major wicked

Postby Jota on Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:05 pm

No, no: we want him to stay home nights, putting in some "quality time" with his lady, the lovely Miss CC.
Sergeant 1st Class Jota

Postby wacicha on Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:44 pm

paper i think ypu meant wac and that is not the word for it now i gotta figure how to attach this new trac ball mouse
Major wacicha

Postby PaperPlunger on Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:27 pm

wacicha wrote:paper i think ypu meant wac and that is not the word for it now i gotta figure how to attach this new trac ball mouse

yeah sorry, I meant wac, and aren't trac ball mouses a little out of date? :D :D
Private PaperPlunger

Postby wacicha on Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:46 pm

stop picking on me. I thought the trac ball is better than the regular mouse? and it is easier at nite when girl friend is asleep to move just thumb than moving the whole mouse while i'm in bed.
Major wacicha

Postby HighBorn on Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:47 pm

i cant get it jack did u???
Private 1st Class HighBorn

Postby wacicha on Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:54 pm

jack who's jack wait thats me yes i do
Major wacicha

Postby PaperPlunger on Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:21 pm

I'm not picking on you, plus usually that means I like you if I'm picking on you :wink: (I admit, that's kind of weird).

Well, I know if my girlfriend were in bed with me, I'd rather be doing other things. Like playing CC!!!! <--Mixed priorities.

Funny story about mixed priorities, one time when I was home, my girlfriend called me up, and asked if I wanted to chill at her "hizzo" since her parents weren't home. I told her I would in around a half an hour. At the time I was pretty in on a real time game with Scorba (which he won). Anyway, an hour later she called me and asked where I was, I said I'd be right down, and she said she had a special surprise for me *wink wink* 15 min later she called and again asked where I was. By this time Scorba owned almost all of Europe, and we were at the final moves. I finished the game and called her, she said she could no longer hang out.

Point of the story is, I love CC so much, I chose it over getting laid :lol:

I love Scorba too.

This has almost nothing to do with that mouse of yours Wac, my bad.
Private PaperPlunger

Postby Tr0y on Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:37 pm

Looks good. 8)

I think I'm going to start playing games again. :D

Really this little app is a huge time saver.

Couple Requests for next version:
* Customizable Refresh time. ( if one has more games they may need a quicker refresh. )
* System Tray only option, to reduce clutter on the taskbar.
Corporal Tr0y

Postby hotgun on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:00 pm

Will someone make this work for mac???

PLEASE!
Corporal 1st Class hotgun

Postby Scorba on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:09 pm

PaperPlunger wrote:Funny story about mixed priorities, one time when I was home, my girlfriend called me up, and asked if I wanted to chill at her "hizzo" since her parents weren't home. I told her I would in around a half an hour. At the time I was pretty in on a real time game with Scorba (which he won). Anyway, an hour later she called me and asked where I was, I said I'd be right down, and she said she had a special surprise for me *wink wink* 15 min later she called and again asked where I was. By this time Scorba owned almost all of Europe, and we were at the final moves. I finished the game and called her, she said she could no longer hang out.

Damn PP, that explains your frustration during that game. You were after a quick win. If you'd told us of the situation I'm sure we would have agreed to finish the game later. Though I'm a bit concerned that you'd rather play with me than your girlfriend.

PaperPlunger wrote:I love Scorba too.

:shock:

*Concern grows*

This is a top notch piece of software, Kevin. Great stuff.
Taking an enemy on the battlefield is like a hawk taking a bird. Though it enters into the midst of a thousand of them, it pays no attention to any bird other than the one it has first marked.
Lieutenant Scorba

Postby wacicha on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:13 pm

somebody p m highborn on how to load this i can't even explain how i got it and i don't wan't to replace my new mouse!! and scorba playing you takes a lot of concentration. so i can understand just one more turn
Major wacicha

Postby Twill on Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:56 am

Good thing it doesnt show my current score because that would be depressing on my desktop all the time...come to think of it, can it take my moves for me too? I might do better.

Nice piece of software indeed.
With you, Troy and the map software we may need a new coding section soon.

Twill
Corporal 1st Class Twill

Postby Tr0y on Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:08 am

Nice piece of software indeed.
With you, Troy and the map software we may need a new coding section soon.

My thoughts exactly. :D
Corporal Tr0y

Postby AndyBruce on Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:06 am

Just downloaded it. This thing is great. This site just keeps getting better and better. WWWWHHHHOOOOOO...SOUL PATROL!!!!!!!
Lieutenant AndyBruce

Postby Kernal_Kronic on Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:37 am

Nice one, kevinc...now i can check my games without being busted by my boss :twisted: Sweeeeet
Captain Kernal_Kronic

Postby kevinc on Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:47 am

Hey all, thanks for the support. Glad people like it.

Here's some of the answers to questions brought up.

mrdexter wrote:Got it running, and have a suggestion for 0.2, any chance we can tinker with the opacity?"

I doubt I'll be able to do it on the fly, but if it's too transparent I can change the design.

mrdexter wrote:"Visit gamespace seems to open IE even though it's not default browser?"

That shouldn't happen, I'll look into it.

mrdexter wrote:any chance of a minimise to systemtray too?

If you right click on the program in the task bar, you can select minimize, and it will do just that. I'll see if I can add minimize to the context menu for v0.2

DublinDoogey wrote:when we close it, do we just need to open the .exe file again to open it?

Nope, just open the exe again. It should work fine. If you want you could create a shortcut it on your desktop or something like that.

AndyDufresne wrote:Is there perhaps a way for it, when minimized to system tray, to show its information while you hover the mouse over it?

Great Idea Andy. I'm not sure if it's possible, but I'll check it out.

hotgun wrote:Will someone make this work for mac???

If you want to buy me a Mac I could make a dashboard widget that works the same way :o) In the mean time however, i'm not sure there's anything I can do. It's built in flash, so I might be able to make a more basic version of it, but it'd be ugly. I'll have a think about it.

tr0y wrote:Customizable Refresh time. ( if one has more games they may need a quicker refresh. )

It's set at at 60 seconds at the moment. I'm not sure I want to set it lower, because a few people running it continually hitting the server every 10 seconds wouldn't be good for load.
Corporal kevinc

Postby mrdexter on Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:55 am

Kevin,
Thanks for the quick response to all the questions raised.

kevinc wrote:
mrdexter wrote:Got it running, and have a suggestion for 0.2, any chance we can tinker with the opacity?"

I doubt I'll be able to do it on the fly, but if it's too transparent I can change the design.

It's not transparent enough actually, but hey, it's hardly important.

kevinc wrote:
mrdexter wrote:"Visit gamespace seems to open IE even though it's not default browser?"

That shouldn't happen, I'll look into it.

Thanks, but I think this may be a local problem, tried it at work today and it behaves differently, I'll look again when I get home.

kevinc wrote:
mrdexter wrote:any chance of a minimise to systemtray too?

If you right click on the program in the task bar, you can select minimize, and it will do just that. I'll see if I can add minimize to the context menu for v0.2

Actually, I worded it badly...what i meant was whilst it is running, have it only appear in the system tray not the taskbar.

kevinc wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Is there perhaps a way for it, when minimized to system tray, to show its information while you hover the mouse over it?

Great Idea Andy. I'm not sure if it's possible, but I'll check it out.

great feature if it's possible.

kevinc wrote:
tr0y wrote:Customizable Refresh time. ( if one has more games they may need a quicker refresh. )

It's set at at 60 seconds at the moment. I'm not sure I want to set it lower, because a few people running it continually hitting the server every 10 seconds wouldn't be good for load.

I would think 60 seconds is short enough even for wac, we don't want Lack putting the price of premium up to pay for the extra bandwidth
Positive: Great guy, will always play to his best. Honourable and fun to play with as well. You know you're in for a rough time playing mrdexter :) Game 31384 Haydena
Positive: Mr D is the golden child of CC, if we had to elect a king he'd get my vote! Game 76700 silus
Sergeant 1st Class mrdexter

Postby kevinc on Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:57 am

Oh, and hotgun. There's some good RSS Dashboard widgets for mac that are pretty cool:
http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboar ... eader.html
Corporal kevinc

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives