Conquer Club

Eight Thoughts [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Coleman on Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:53 pm

spinwizard wrote:wow i did not see the circles on the out side!

I am not sure I do either, the actual update is the top map, this thing at the bottom is just me showing what the no circles suggestion would look like.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby spinwizard on Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:03 pm

u need 2 make the bottom map colour circles clearer
Private 1st Class spinwizard

Postby oaktown on Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:09 pm

as one of CC's color blind players, I can tell you that some of the colors in the key are impossible to distinguish. The rings especially are meaningless to me - the dark blue and yellow are the only ones that I can't confuse with something else.

The symbols discussed earlier will be valuable in that they'll give another indicator of what is what.
Captain oaktown

Postby Coleman on Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:13 pm

oaktown wrote:as one of CC's color blind players, I can tell you that some of the colors in the key are impossible to distinguish. The rings especially are meaningless to me - the dark blue and yellow are the only ones that I can't confuse with something else.

The symbols discussed earlier will be valuable in that they'll give another indicator of what is what.

Okay I have an idea, I'll work on it and send it out.

Update on What I'm Doing: Okay, the only thing I managed to do that I don't think looks ugly as sin is a skull icon for the Death Center, and even it isn't very great.
Last edited by Coleman on Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Nikita_2006 on Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:37 pm

I don't like this map, sorry.

I don't get the feeling to conquer it.

Nikita
Private Nikita_2006

Postby KEYOGI on Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:50 pm

I'm with Nikita. Not much interest here.
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby hecter on Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:00 pm

Well can we at least see your progress.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Coleman on Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:32 am

First) This version sucks, horribly.

Second) WidowMakers and I are communicating privately about him possibly helping or taking over the map since my artistic skills are non-existent.

Third) I've also decided to attach the significance of the star via a picture using Law as an example. (I know enough about color blind people to know that it isn't the same for everyone and some are specifically red green colorblind. In that case I know this picture won't make much sense.)

Sergeant Coleman

Postby cosmin on Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:54 am

interresting map! the texture needs work but in rest, the concept and map is good.

continue working on it!

it can be a great map
Romania-i tara mea, si buna si rea
O iubesc, ma mandresc ca m-am nascut in ea,

Corporal cosmin

Postby Coleman on Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:57 am

Okay here is what's up. WidowMakers has agreed to help me with the art, but we want to be sure that everyone thinks the gameplay is okay before he starts doing serious stuff to it.

24 hours starting now to complain and get something changed if you want it changed gameplay wise, otherwise we are going to start to move on.
Last edited by Coleman on Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby hecter on Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:12 am

Coleman wrote:Okay here is what's up. WidowMakers has agreed to help me with the art, but we want to be sure that everyone thinks the gameplay is okay before he starts doing serious stuff to it.

I think the gameplay is great. It just needs some visual work.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Jack0827 on Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:23 pm

no heart skull crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the map but please don't use a crapy backround like that. it makes it look cheesy as mess. if you do any thing like that you should do it in the black aria. I think that the idea is bloody great but as far as the map go's you should leave any simples out of it(please leave the curved lines as well) again one of my favoret maps, I would play it as is, but leave the map mostly alone other than coller and such!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Private Jack0827

Postby Coleman on Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:26 pm

Jack0827 wrote:no heart skull crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the map but please don't use a crapy backround like that. it makes it look cheesy as mess. if you do any thing like that you should do it in the black aria. I think that the idea is bloody great but as far as the map go's you should leave any simples out of it(please leave the curved lines as well) again one of my favoret maps, I would play it as is, but leave the map mostly alone other than coller and such!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoa, okay if I deciphered that you hate my last crappy image as much as I do. I hope you'll be pleased to know that WidowMakers is taking over the art and has shared his ideas with me and I think you guys are really going to like it.

I can almost (99%) gurantee there will be no heart skull crap in the final product.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby spinwizard on Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:34 pm

extra attack routes???

Postby Molacole on Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:37 pm

coleman thank you so much!!!! this is a wicked good idea you've come up with. I'm just glad you're letting a pro bring it to life!!
Lieutenant Molacole

Postby Coleman on Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:38 pm

spinwizard wrote:extra attack routes???

You are a very funny man. You're lucky I know you are joking, It is too early to hunt down and kill people.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby spinwizard on Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:40 pm

whos jokeing??? :P

Postby Coleman on Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:43 pm

spinwizard wrote:whos jokeing??? :P

The only thing I'd even remotely consider is allowing ports between allied circles when you own the whole group, and I don't think you can code something like that. Even if it was possible I still don't like the idea. :P
Sergeant Coleman

Postby max is gr8 on Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:51 pm

Do you mean if you own death war and harmony you get a +3 bonus?
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby hecter on Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:54 pm

max is gr8 wrote:Do you mean if you own death war and harmony you get a +3 bonus?

On top of the bonuses you get for owning the continets themselves. In total, it would be a 4+4+4+3 bonus.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Coleman on Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:55 pm

max is gr8 wrote:Do you mean if you own death war and harmony you get a +3 bonus?

No, Death and Harmony are enemies.

If you own Death War and Inspiration that is a bonus. I really hope Widow and I can come up with something to make that +3 idea more clear.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:09 pm

Hm, I'm sorry to say, this map hasn't captured my interest or attention yet.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby hecter on Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:16 pm

One of the reasons that I like this map so much is because it is so simple. There really isn't much to it. Every continent is worth the same. They are all the same size and relatively the same set up. That is what I love about it. All the other maps are complicated, but not this one. It's different.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:19 pm

Check out Chinese Checkers Map then...that is exactly what you are looking for...and its idea is much better, in my honest opinion.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Coleman on Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:27 pm

The like/dislike seems pretty even right now. Except I'm noticing a lot of map foundry vets who have seen/made/worked with a lot of maps all don't like this thing very much while a lot of the newer people (with a couple of exceptions) like the idea a lot more. Not really sure what to make of that or what that means.

One gameplay change I'm considering is making the internal structure of some of the sections slightly different, as of right now the top 3 are the only ones with real differences, the other 5 are basically identical. I'm not sure that is a good thing...

I could argue that inspiration corrupted everything next to it to be different. :lol:

AndyDufresne wrote:Check out Chinese Checkers Map then...that is exactly what you are looking for...and its idea is much better, in my honest opinion.

--Andy

Is that going to pass? It seems to be the only close to done map you haven't replied too yet. Wow, I'm hijacking my own topic.
Sergeant Coleman

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas