Conquer Club

Prison Riot Tournament

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Prison Riot Tournament

Postby wilkinc on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:03 pm

OK, here's my idea, a tournament based on the SuperMax: Prison Riot map. I was thinking about having a qualifying round where up to 4 players apply for spots in 6 groups which correspond to the 5 gang leaders (Don Vichi, El Burro, General Hong, Kaiser and Big Smoke) and an extra group for the Guards (and possibly one extra one for the new fish!). They play each other in a league 1v1 format and the winner of each league goes through to the final game which is a 6-man standard game on the Prison Riot map (or 7-man if I include the additional new fish group).
I'd like to keep it small as it would be my first tournament, so 4 players per group seems manageable!

My question is, since the tournament is focused on the Prison Riot map, should I make all the group games use that map? Or I could do the group games as best of 3 on Prison Riot. Or I could use best of 3 but have Home and Away games with settings that the players choose and have the third game on Prison Riot.

A lot of people I have spoken to like this map, but it seems a bit biased towards the player who goes first in 1v1, so I'm thinking of having the home and away settings, but that doesn't seem to fit in with the theme of the tournament.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas about this? Even whether it's a good idea at all? ;)

Cheers
Major wilkinc

Re: Prison Riot Tournament

Postby benga on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:19 am

Make then inside group 4 4man games
to decide boss/leader that will go to finals.

So NO to 1v1.YES to 4 man game!!
Sergeant benga

Re: Prison Riot Tournament

Postby wilkinc on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:32 am

That's a great idea! Thanks
Major wilkinc

Return to Tournament Archives